1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

BULKING - A beginner's guide

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by SCHTEEVIE, Jan 21, 2004.

1. ferask1

ferask1 Active Member

Good place to find out workouts

This beginner's guide is wonderful! :tu:

I had a question in terms of the work outs involved in your plan. Because I've worked out before, but I am still totally a newb at the gym, I don't know many work outs by their names. Do you have any wonderful site that shows you what each work out is, or could you possibly throw me any advice when it comes to finding out good core work outs for each muscle group?

Thanks!

2. Vegeta8704

Vegeta8704 Active Member

Day 1: Chest/Triceps

Day 2: OFF or cardio/abs

Day 3: Back/Biceps/forearms

Day 4: OFF or cardio/abs

Day 5: Shoulders/traps

Day 6: Legs/calves

Day 7: OFF or cardio/abs

Is this a good split?

3. gitoutmyi

gitoutmyi Active Member

http://www.exrx.net can show you lots of exes and the muscles they work.

There are a ton of exes to do, but look up these:
    -Squats
    -Dead lift
    -Presses (overhead and bench)
    -Rows
    -Pullups/chinups

You can google these, use exrx.net, or find youtube videos on how to do these exes.

These are just a few that should definitely be included in your routine. There are a ton of others out there you might try, but these all work large portions of the body in one motion rather than isolating a single muscle. More bang for the buck you might say. Good luck :tu:

4. sergio_lara15

sergio_lara15 Active Member

First thing i would like to do is to thank Schteevie for this wonderful guide. I guess that everybody here have been neewbies some time ago, and having a guide like this one make things much easier.

I would like to ask you something: When you say "Cardio/Abs", How much time would you spend doing cardio per session? And how fast? And what about abs? And my last question would be: how many sessions per week would you do (Cardio/Abs) if you look like sid (from ice Age)?

Thanks in advance :tu:

5. rubito

rubito Active Member

Hi there,I started two days ago (sunday) with this training.But I am doing it from home because I dont have time to go to the gym.My equipment is dumbells and a stationary bike.

Monday: Weight training: back & biceps; Stationary bike or Stair climber, 12 minutes (HIIT)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike or Stair climber, 23 mins (HIIT); Abs
    Wednesday: Weight training: quads, calves(gemelos), hamstrings(detras del cuadricep); Stationary
    Thursday: Stationary bike or Stair climber, 23 mins (HIIT)
    Friday: Weight training: pecs, delts(hombros), triceps; Stationary bike or Stair climber, 12 minutes (HIIT)
    Saturday Stationary bike or Stair climber, 23 mins (HIIT); Abs
    Sunday: Stationary bike or Stair climber, 23 mins (HIIT)

Its basically its jone stone weekend work out,but I have changed the days.
    What I wanted to know what is the best exercises for these parts:?
    Biceps: I do curls(dumbells)
    Pecs: push ups
    Delts: Front Raise(dumbells)
    Triceps:Weighted bench dip(dumbells)
    back:I have a bar in between 2 door and I can push up to exercise my back.
    Thank you.

Ps:for my first photo I took it from the front and from the side,but I did it in a relax pose,am I doing it correctly or should I put on muscle for the cam?

6. rubito

rubito Active Member

About the warm up part:
    it sais
    1 set at 50% for 10-12 reps,
    1 set at 70% for 8 reps,
    1 set at 90% for 3 reps,

Are there other ways to warm up?,for example if I am training my biceps at home and I have a set of dumbells,do I have to take the weigth of them to do the first set,then add more weigth for the next,etc....its a bit boring i know but If I do it like that I might abandon it.

Cant I do for example, if I normally do 1 x 12,the first one to warm up 1 x 6?

7. mappyls

mappyls Member

Great post man, just started the other night. Had a couple questions though. Through out these workouts I'm finding that I'm not working with enough sets you've provided. I'm getting my 3 sets 6-8 reps (usually on the 6 rep side) and find that I should be doing more sets than the given 13+4 warm up sets. Any suggestions? I'm 24, 6'4 185 trying to get to 210 by December. Thanks:tu:.

8. agustin984

agustin984 Member

All very useful to us newbies, thanks for the info.