1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

B's Journey

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Brian Golden, May 22, 2008.

1. Brian Golden

Brian Golden Well-Known Member

Preday I (May 22, 2008)
    I learned how to properly eat for the past several years, I would say the way I ate used to be 95% on functionality, which was rather bland. The way I presently eat is 93% functionality and 99% taste, it is all in the spice racks people!

This will be my first fitness journal and I intend to make it my only fitness journal as these are things I plan on doing for the rest of my life within reason (obviously I can cut back when I achieve my goals).

The Usual Suspects

My stats:
    Weight: 175.5
    Height: 5'10" (I am told I have grown but I am not going to bother checking)
    Body Fat: 18-20% (Will have an approximate # next week)

Real Ways to Measure Progress
    Pushups in 1 min: coming soon
    Pullups in 1 min: coming soon
    One-Mile Run: coming soon
    Picture: coming soon

Major Timeframe: September 1, 2008
    Minor Timeframes: June 1, July 1, August 1

Major Goal: 8% body fat
    Minor Goals: increase pushups/minute, pullsup/minute, one mile run, get a tan
    Changes in Behavior: pushups every morning and before bed, eat at least >4 meals a day, wake up at 7 am, bed by midnight
    Exceptions: Fridays and saturdays are cheat days on eating and sleeping

The Previous Workout
    I warm up with a 0.5-1 mile run/bike depending on how I feel before workouts, sometimes I sprint a lap and jog the next. I had been using a 3-day split where I typically trained my chest/triceps, back/biceps/forearms, and either chest or back with shoulders. I have been doing three days of Sprinting intervals typically everyday, following by abs (3 different movements, 3 sets of 20-35). I used to workout my legs, but due to the intensity of sprint intervals I did not see a real need.

I have not really been able to train as much as I used to several years ago (results: 28% -> 8%), and I would rate myself as fit but lacking in certain areas. I suck as pushups, I should be decent at pullups though I never practice them. I am really interested in seeing what my mile time is, and I look forward to when I no longer have handles around my stomach (it is hard work to reprogram genetics).

The New Workout
    I am going to move to upper body and lower body work, specifically working out my legs. I will begin this next week, today will be my last day using the old routine. I think I will see very positive changes when I begin incorporating leg work and consistent pullups/pushups in my routine. Traditionally I have been unable to do more than 20 pushups, but that should definitely change in the next month.

2 days - weights
    3 days - Interval Training
    1 day - Fasted cardio, biking, or swimming (this will likely be the first day following lower body work)
    1 day - Rest

Nutrition
    BMR: slightly below 1900
    Harris-Benedict: 2950-3300

I eat 4-7 meals a day (not including pre- and post-workout) depending on when I wake up and how hungry I am. I used to count calories and never do anymore (it is a waste of time in my opinion). I have no intention of counting calories though I may consider it in mid-July if my results slow down.

I normally drink oolong tea, however, I have been drinking green tea from a concentration (also purchased on sale) and mix that with water. It is a nice change from the oolong tea as I make it extremely strong.

Today's Mealplan

Supplements: 1 mega men's health and 1 grape seed extract (50mg)

9:30 am - Meal 1:
    2 scoops of pink lemonade whey protein (it was on sale) :tu:
    1 cup of oatmeal in water nuked for a minute, cinnamon put on top
    green tea (I would guess 16 oz)

1:00 pm - Meal 2:
    1 spiced chicken breast
    6oz green beans w/ oregano
    2-3 oz of linguine w/ garlic
    green tea (I would guess 40 oz) - I am addicted to the stuff but it is pretty weak

3:00 pm - Snack
    salsa/chips - roughly 200-400 calories

4:00 pm - Pre-Workout
    6 thermoburst - tons of water (also on sale otherwise I would not buy)
    1 mega men's health and 1 grape seed extract (I am trying this out instead of before bed)
    12oz sparkling pomegranate izze
    2 nature valley bars
    1 scoop of muscle milk light

5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Chest/Biceps (drink 16oz of green tea and then usually 48oz of water)

6:15 pm - Post-Workout
    3 scoops of muscle milk light
    12oz blueberry izze

7:15 pm - Meal 3
    5oz albacore tuna in water (drained 3 times to remove sodium)
    6oz green beans
    0.5 cups of brown rice

10:15 pm - Meal 4
    4oz cottage cheese
    handful of peanuts

12:00 am - Bed

Note: This may or may not be subject to changes in the day.

#1 Brian Golden, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Brian Golden

A few other things to mention

I ran out of fruits otherwise I would be eating 2-3 bananas a day.

I am always looking to improve what I do whether it is making food better, enjoying it more, or getting rid of bad behaviors (sleeping).

Some questions I have been looking into are:

If I eat a can of tuna every other day, would I be wasting my money if I paid for a fish oil supplement?
    When is the best time to take supplements? (ie: does the fiber in a cup of oatmeal hinden the absorption of the multivitamin I take in the morning and would there be a better time)
    Is there anyway I will stop having to buy beano en masse? :D

I also put everything from what I plan on eating today into fitday (just to see that I am near the right amounts). The results:

Total: 2494
    Fat: 68g (25%)
    Saturated Fat: 20g (7%)
    Carbs: 261g (39%)
    Protein: 215g (36%)

Which is why I never count calories. And I might as well add a snack.

3. Brian Golden

Preday II (June 24, 2008)

Today's Weight: 174

Saturday/Sunday taking the days off from lifting/running.

Monday I will test my pushups, pullups, and 1-mile-run.

I also intend on doing 2 days of upper body, 2 days of lower body, and 3 days of Sprint Intervals per week instead of what I originally proposed. Monday will be an upper body day in addition to the above.

#3 Brian Golden, May 24, 2008
  4. Brian Golden

Baseline Day (May 25, 2008)

Ok, I decided I enjoyed my break too much yesterday.

12:00 pm - 1 Mega Men's and 1 grape seed extract
    M1: 12:00 pm - 2 scoops of Whey, 1 banana, 3/4 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon, green tea
    M2: 3:00 pm - 6 Thermoburst, 1 banana, 4 triscuits, cranberry juice from extract, green tea
    Workout 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm

I ended up going to Goodwill to donate some clothing, so I got to the gym a little later than planned, no biggie.

1-mile-run test, pullup test, pushup test, ab test (added at the last minute), 45-minute bike run

Results:
    1-mile run: 7:42.94
    pullups: 4 (I quit after 20 seconds)
    pushups: 24 (I quit after 20 seconds)
    crunches: 46 (using a keiser machine with 80 lbs)

Obviously I have a lot to improve. I know I can easily run that mile faster, something about running on a real outdoor track is always intimidating (I hate seeing how long a quarter mile really is). I was also running alongside a bunch of people with six-packs and eight-packs. I would redo the test, but I do not see any point over obsessing over it, so I will just redo this test every week. Next week, I will do the 1-mile-run inside on the 1/9-1/10 mile track.

I will keep working on pushups before bed, and may or may not get a pullup bar some year in my house so I can also practice that as well. I am pretty good with crunches although I suffer (or used to suffer) from a weak abdominal wall. I have been taking ab work pretty lightly compared to what I used to do to strengthen them back up without any pain if I push myself too hard.

After the test, I did 30 minutes on a bike while reading (I do not recommend this, get a book on tape or a rosetta stone cd or something).

Following that and 5 miles later (once again, I do not intend on trying to read and do any cardio at the same time), I did abs.
    Side bends - (40lb x 10) x 3
    Obliques w/ a machine - (40lbs x 20) x 3
    Back extensions w/ a machine (80lbx x 11) x 1 + (90lbs x 11) x 2

I usually do not use a 40lb dumbbell when doing side-bends, I definitely did not have to bother doing 20-30 reps with each side (I had been using a 25lb dumbbell). I do not do heavy obliques as I do not want to have massive ab muscles (nor do I want to maintain <10% body fat everyday to look good). I can easily do the back extensions with more weight.

6:10 pm - 1 Mega Men's and 1 grape seed extract
    PWO Shake: 6:10 pm 2 scoops of Whey, 1 tbsp gatorade, 0.5 cups of oatmeal
    M3: 7:00 pm 1 chicken breast, 16oz low-sodium V8, 0.5 cups of brown rice, 1 tsp of olive oil (to prevent sticky rice)
    M4: 10:30 pm pm 6oz albacore tuna w/ water drained, 8oz low-sodium V8, 1 oz peanuts
    Bed: 1:00 am

Things: I plan on buying some EFA's next time I go to costco, I am going to start getting frozen broccoli in bulk, once I run out of thermoburst I have no intention of buying anything to replace it (I do get a good bit of energy from taking the double dose). Any ideas or comments are welcome at anytime. I also plan on trying out a new meat rub I got out of Men's Health with a few variations.

#4 Brian Golden, May 25, 2008
  5. Brian Golden

I went to Panama City for Memorial Day, which I also made my cheat day. I made the mistake of not flipping every 5-10 minutes as I toasted, I have a pretty bad sunburn on my lower back as a result.

Due to this, I am going to be taking off this next week to prevent any further damage. I might end up lifting depending on if the soreness goes down later in the week.

Also, I seemed to have pushed myself really hard the other day and my abs are sore as hell after two days. I am pretty sure it is purely soreness as I lifted really hard.

Rest, relaxation, studying for classes, and work for the next few days.

6. Brian Golden

Apple cider vinegar baths = amazing

The pain was pretty horrible on Wednesday, when apple cider vinegar baths did nothing to my shock.

I am taking advil and benadryl, which basically do not do much, but if you fall asleep no one is the wiser.

Probably, I will get back with everything on Sunday or Monday. The redness has all but gone away (except for one spot which I couldn't apply lidocaine to). I am going to go easy on the cardio as I do not wish to take any chances, I hate peeling and have not done so in a year.

7. Brian Golden

Day 1 (June 1, 2008)

Did upper-body today with the new routine.

Warmup: 1 mile of HIIT, every other lap

3 sets of each, with a 2 minute rest at the end of every other exercise.

DB Press, Rows (Machine)

Assisted Pullups, Shoulder Press (Machine with the bands which people usually use for chest)

DB Bicep Curls, Sitting Tricep Extension (Machine)

I did 2 sets of wrist curls with a 5 lb weight which caused a little pain, which is why I only did two. One set of DB forearm curls at the end.

1 fish oil, 1 mega man, 1 grape seed
    12:00pm M1: 1 cup oatmeal w/ cinnamon, 1.5 scoops whey protein
    3:00pm M2: 2 slices of bread with cajun turkey breast
    5:30pm S1: Banana, blueberry white tea
    6:30pm S2: 1/2 print Blueberries, some OJ
    1 fish oil, 1 mega men, 1 grape seed
    7:00pm - 8:30 pm Workout
    8:30pm PWO: 1.5 scoops whey protein, 1 tbsp gatorade, 6 triscuits
    9:30pm M3: 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast, broccoli, 1 SF fruit bar
    12:00am M4: 2 oz cottage cheese, 1 oz peanuts

Green tea periodically throughout the day.

#7 Brian Golden, Jun 1, 2008
  8. Brian Golden

Day 2 (June 3, 2008)

Did lower today with the new routine.

Warmup: 1 mile of HIIT, every other lap

Used supersets, 10x3

1a: DB Squats (45 lb dbs)
    1b: RDLs (20 lb dbs)

2a: DB Stepups (25 lb dbs - I think. . .)
    2b: Forward DB Lunges (20 lb dbs)

3a: Wall-Sitting (body weight)
    3b: Planks (body weight)

The wall-sitting and planks were fun as hell. . .I think I used better form than what I saw in the video for the wall-sitting. I eventually worked up the wall-sitting to 46 seconds and 61 seconds for the plank.

I do not honestly remember how I ate. . .but it was pretty well. I ended up taking a nap in the middle of the day after classes.

Took mega men's, fish oil (costco), and grape seed (gnc) in the morning and before bed.

I got 7-7.5 hours of sleep plus 2 hours with the nap.

#8 Brian Golden, Jun 5, 2008
  9. Brian Golden

Day 3 (June 4, 2008)

Note: I usually don't share numbers, but I am just not going to worry about this anymore. I don't write anything, I keep it in my head. When I workout, I try to count to 4s up and down. Lots of numbers flying around in the head.

Upper Body

Warmup: 4/9 of a mile light jog (my legs and glutes were sore as hell) + 8.5 minutes of biking with the stationary (2 miles) using HIIT (30-60s sprint - 90s-120s light)

Used supersets 10x3.

1a: DB Press (45 lb dbs)
    1b: Rows (with the band machine) (60 lbs 1st, 80 lbs 3rd)

I ended up breaking 1b with the machine in the middle as the band machine was in use. I did 140lbs with it.

2a: Assisted Pullups (I really suck at this, I varied between 12-14 assist)
    2b: Shoulder Press (with band machine) (80lbs 2nd, then 90lbs 3rd)

At first I did this with a machine since the band machine was in use, did 50 lbs.

3a: DB Bicep Curls (25 lb dbs 1st, then 30 lb dbs to failure with 25 lbs 2nd and 3rd)
    3b: Sitting Tricep Extension (Machine) (40 lbs each arm 1st and 2nd, then 50 lbs 3rd 8x instead of 10x)
    3c: Wrist curls with 5 lb weight (10-15x depending on arms, sometimes I assisted the lift to keep my wrists straight)
    3d: DB Forearm (20 lb db)

I did not follow the 3a-3b-3c-3d order. I adapted it based on if the tricep extention machine was in use. Since we are supposed to vary our workouts, I don't see the point in worrying about the little things (since the little things theoretically will lead to better results rather than obsessive consistency).

8:20 am: 1 fish oil, 1 mega man, 1 grape seed
    8:30 am S1: 1 banana
    10:40am M1: 2 McDonald McChickens with no mayo (they are amazing)
    11:00 am - 1:45 pm: Nap
    2:40 pm S2: 1 pint Blueberries
    4:30 pm M2: 1 foot oven-roasted chicken sub (Subway - with Buffalo Sauce, light japalenos/banana peppers, heavy pepper/oregano, light oil), a 2.5 drinks of mello yello and dr pepper (had the DP around 6ish)
    8:50 pm - 10:03 pm: Workout
    10:15 - 10:20 pm: 1.25 scoops whey, 1 tbsp gatorade, 0.5 cups of oatmeal
    11:20 pm: slightly over 1/3 cup of brown rice, broccoli, 1 chicken breast
    4:30 am: 1 slice of cheese since I had run out of cottage cheese, same (3) supplements in the morning with some water

I had white tea throughout the day, water, and a diet pepsi around 12:30 am. I noticed my triceps look a lot bigger than they used to be. I am going back on what I said and posting pictures around July 1st.

#9 Brian Golden, Jun 5, 2008
  10. Brian Golden

Day 4 (June 5, 2008)

Unfortunately I only got 4.5 hours of sleep.

9:00 am
    1200mg Fish Oil Concentration Softgel (Naturemade - Costco), 1 Mega Men's (GNC), 50mg Proanthocyanidin (Grape Seed Extract - GNC)
    9:05 am - M1
    2 scoops Whey Protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 4 nature valley oatmeal granola bars, white tea
    11:00 am - 12:00 pm - S1
    Medium Banana, water
    1:00 pm - S2
    6.75 oz Cherry Koolaid
    The guy did not have diet coke and charged me $0.75. There I go for trying to support small businesses. . .lol
    1:45 pm - S3
    20oz Coke Zero and 1 strawberry cereal bar
    2:25 pm - M2
    5oz Crunk White Albacore Tuna, 12 triscuits, 1 medium banana, green tea
    3:00 pm - S4
    12 oz V8
    5:15 pm - S5
    Cinnastix from Cinnabon and a a Strawberry Banana Chillata, green tea
    9:20 pm - 10:00 pm - Workout
    Workout = Tried Sprinting, which was fine for the first interval but my hamstrings are sore as hell. I ended up doing intervals on a bike for 18.5 minutes, 4 miles, 170 calories according to the machine. Following this I did abs.

1a: Crunches (90lbs / 20x2)
    1b: Obliques (40lbs / 15x2 with maximum angle)
    1c: Side Bends (30lb db / 10x2)

I kind of ran out of time obviously since I was not able to do sprints as I planned. Shit happens.

10:15 pm - PWO Shake/Meal
    1200mg Fish Oil Concentration Softgel (Naturemade - Costco)
    1.5 scoops of cocoa bean (cytosport) and 8 triscuits
    11:15 pm - M3
    2 tbsp of peanut butter, broccoli, chicken breast (with my spice rub)
    sometime later one sugar free fruit bar
    12:00 am - Supplements
    1200mg Fish Oil Concentration Softgel (Naturemade - Costco), 1 Mega Men's (GNC), 50mg Proanthocyanidin (Grape Seed Extract - GNC)

I went to the mall beforehand and talked with a pretty knowledgeable GNC guy since I had to get my hours. He suggested flax seed oil is good for muscle soreness whereas fish oil is good for cardio health (which I was already familiar with although I thought it prevented muscle soreness). I think fish oil would prevent fish oil, but it is possible flax seed oil is more effective in this. I am sure I will come across an article in Men's Health by the time I catch up to the current issue.

Currently, I will be taking another fish oil pill following my workouts before my postworkout shake. On his advice, as well as, my own views on a lot of the dangerous shake recommendations I have seen many people post in their diets (ie: 3 to 1 simple sugar to protein ratio = COMPLETELY bad for your long-term health; especially if we're talking about 40 grams of protein and 120 grams of sugar). I am switching to a 1:1 ratio for protein to complex carbs for a few months to see the benefits to cutting.

I am going to try to keep a log in my cell calendar of when I eat and note whether I had a meal or snack to save time from multiple post edits.

Also: I am thinking of selling my F4 Heart-Rate Monitor and for a F-11. Probably I will not if the net cost is over $25. I am thinking of getting some flax seed softgels. So I would take fish oil and flax seed randomly in the morning and before bed. Also thinking of adding an additional following my workout, but just some of the good fat gels.

#10 Brian Golden, Jun 5, 2008
  11. Brian Golden

Day 5 (June 6, 2008)

Weight: 173 (taken at 2:15 pm)

I slept in to make up for the other night. It was really helpful.

I will do lower body today.

2:15pm

2:15 pm - M1
    1.5 scoops Whey Protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 1 cup of oatmeal nuked in water, cinnamon added afterwards, lots of green tea

4:30 pm - M2
    1 medium banana, 2 granola bars (nature valley), 6oz albacore tuna in water drained
    Supp: 6 Thermoburst

7:20 pm - 8:30 pm: Workout

Bike w/ intervals 10 minutes (Goals are in parenthesis) ----> My legs were fine so I ended up running on the indoor track intervals (1 lap sprint and 1 lap very light jog). I walked the last lap instead of jogging.

*I almost made the mistake of wearing low socks. . .the back of my left ankle is slightly raw, no blood though. I won't make that oversight again.

1a: DB Squats (>45 lb dbs) ----> (45 lbs x 1) x 10x1 (50 lbs x 2 ) x 10x2
    1b: RDLs (>20 lb dbs) ----> (25 lbs x 2) x 10x3

2a: DB Stepups (>25 lb dbs) ----> (30 lbs x 2) x10x3 [This killed me and was fairly painful]
    2b: Forward DB Lunges (>20 lb dbs) ----> (20 lbs x 2) x10x3 [I had to keep this at 20 lbs because I was afraid I would hurt myself; for some reason I could not go all the way down on my left leg due to the intensity I did the RDL with]

3a: Wall-Sitting (body weight, >90s) ---> 91s - 61s - 96s
    3b: Planks (body weight >90s) ---> 91s - 61s - 96s

This was by far. . .the greatest workout I have ever done in my life. I kind of felt some of the tuna come up a little bit, (it didn't) but I could taste it in my breath...lol. I have been told this is the sign of a real workout. ;)

8:50 pm - PWO Shake/Meal
    2 scoops of whey protein, 10 triscuits (I don't think I could have handled oatmeal)
    Supp: 1200mg fish oil following the meal (I almost forgot to take it hence why it was following)
    I drank 20oz of arizona diet green tea 20 minutes before my workout, 13.5 oz during the first 5 minutes. I then proceeded to drink probably. . .3 13.5 oz of water. I sweat quite a bit more than usual.

9:50 pm - M3
    Broccoli (eat this first), 1 chicken breast (with my custom rub), 2-2.5 oz pasta (the cheaper one I am trying to get rid of), water

I am in a nice quiet area now and will be studying for a biochemistry examination. I went to the store for some diet soda since I saw it was on sale (I usually don't touch the stuff unless eating out but it was 5 for $10 which is an amazing price).

They ended up no longer having the sale. . .:( but had Jerky on sale 10 for $10!!!!! I also got fat free cottage cheese. These will be foods I keep in my office for my late-night studies. I plan on going back to the store tomorrow and buy them out. :D I also got some diet soda flavored with splenda (I know it's bad but it is my treat if that makes any sense).

I will be eating the jerky and drinking the diet soda throughout my studying from 11:00 pm - (whenever). Probably go to bed by 2-4 am again. Will update any changes tomorrow. I realize it is loaded with sodium (1800mg total package) but whatever. I will limit myself to three sodas (I usually drink tea or water).

#11 Brian Golden, Jun 6, 2008
  12. Brian Golden

Oh and I just felt like adding this, which is an answer I added to Yahoo Answers last night.

Sum of my three years of knowledge though not everything.

1. Sprints - Proven to burn belly fat better than walking. Swimming or aquatic aerobics/walking if you have health, leg, or age issues.
    2. Lift weights and do supersets if you can swing it.
    3. Increase water intake (shoot for a gallon)
    4. Drink oolong or green tea (a natural, healthy fat burner; green tea is also a laxative, oolong tea is not a laxative)
    5. Eat more, smaller meals
    6. Eat veggies, if time is a factor, buy V8 (low sodium is better).
    7. Cut out (or minimize) carbohydrates three hours before bed.
    8. Try fasted cardio in the mornings - Eat a little protein powder beforehand to minimize/prevent muscle loss.
    9. Eat breakfast, make it your largest meal (shoot for 30% of total calories).
    10. Take it slow at the start, don't burn out.
    11. Realize it won't happen overnight
    12. Make a lifestyle change for long-term success.
    13. Allow yourself beers on the weekend and one cheat day, which will keep your metabolism changing.

13. Brian Golden

Day 6 (June 7, 2008)

Sleep: 4:30 am - 12:10 pm
    Weight: 172.5 lbs 22% according to my bogus scale

I assume this loss and the losses I have been having (2 lbs so far about) is just water weight as well as a result of my beer elimination. I am also no longer having chips/salsa unless it is my official cheat day since that is SOO bad for you I am told and read. :D

I did go to the store and got 10 more packages of jerky. They tried to charge me $56 for them. Oh retail. . .

12:05 pm - Supp

12:10 pm - M1
    1.5 scoops Whey Protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 1 cup oatmeal nuked in water with cinnamon

Had a diet soda w/ splenda between M1 and M2.

3:20 pm-3:30 pm: M2
    6oz albacore tuna in water drained, 2 granola bars, 3 plastic cups of diet arizona apple-cranberry green tea (probably 50-60oz)

5:15 pm - PWO Supp
    6 thermoburst with a diet soda, a little bit of jerky

6:30 pm - 7:45 pm: Workout
    Interval Biking (30 minutes) about 7.? miles and 250-300 calories. I only had a small water bottle with me, so I ended up breaking in the middle to get more water. The machine reset.
    +
    Uphill Walking (10 minutes), I started on 15% incline at 3.0 mph, and realized I was being stupid. Ended at 10% at 3.5 mph. Made the change about 2-4 minutes into it.

Will follow with superset abs.

1a: Ab Crunches (Machine) (>90lbs) ----> 90lbs
    1b: Obliques (Machine) (40 lbs - I don't want super muscular obliques that look like love handles) ---> 40lbs
    1c: DB Side Bends (>35lbs) ---> 30lbs

Before workout: I noticed my ab issue is much better than before. I have not got any pains in a while, so I am pretty sure my abdominal lining is getter better. I will probably get it checked out with doctor at the end of summer semester when I go home before fall semester begins (just to be safe). I know last weight I lifted very heavy on the DB Side Bends and it felt great/moderately painful/sore afterwards.

8:20 pm - PWO Shake/Meal
    1200mg Fish Oil Concentration Softgel (Naturemade - Costco)
    2 scoops Whey Protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 10 triscuits, one sugarfree fruit bar

9:20 pm: M3
    broccoli, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast, one sugarfree fruit bar. I think I need to start making my meals more compact. . .all of this water I am taking is starting to make me get sick to my stomach too much for my comfort.

10:00 pm - 12:30 am: S1
    The rest of my jerky, another diet soda

1:20 am: S2
    8oz fat free cottage cheese, 2 plastic cups of diet green tea

Seems I killed 2/3 of a gallon of it. :D

Bed sometime by 3-4 am. These weird hours will be resolved following Tuesday.

#13 Brian Golden, Jun 7, 2008
  14. Brian Golden

Day 7 - Cheat/Rest Day 1 (June 8, 2008)

Sleep: 4:30 am - 12:30 pm
    Weight: 173.0 lbs 22% according to my bogus scale

I assume this gain is water weight and/or muscle gain. :lol:

I have no time to workout today, only study and see a few people.

12:30 pm - Supp

12:40 pm - S1
    1 Boston Lager

3:00 pm - M1
    1 footlong quiznos roast beef sub, pepperjack cheese, parm oregano bread, red pepper/wine vinaigrette, light & sauteed green peppers/onions/mushrooms, toasted, light jalapenos/banana peppers
    Drank the rest of the diet arizona cranberry/apple green tea

This is my new #1 favorite sub which replaces the former champion, the Publix Chicken Tender sub.

5:00 pm - S2
    Tiny bit of jerky and two diet sodas

8:00 pm - M2
    1 soft taco and 1 crunchy taco (I would get fresca but there is the tomato recall so I got regular), diet pepsi zero

12:00 am-1:00 am - M3
    lots of salsa and chips, 3 assorted high-quality dark beers (It is my cheat day)

#14 Brian Golden, Jun 8, 2008
  15. Brian Golden

Day 8 (June 9, 2008) - Busy Day which became light cardio day

Sleep: 3:30 am - 8:00 pm
    Weight: 176.0 lbs 22% according to my bogus scale

I know this gain is water weight from yesterday. I will make a chart at the end of each month and not include the first day after the cheats, but I will make and keep note of it.

I had no time to workout workout, only take my exam, take care of school business, school work, and other things. I did to light cardio though. . .

8:00 am - M1
    12-16 oz Blueberry/Pomegranate Juice, 2 granola bars, 1.5 scoops whey protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean)

11:00 am - Supp

11:30 am - 12:00 pm : Workout (L.I.S.S.)
    Workout = I detailed my car's exterior very well. :cool:

12:30 pm - S1
    1 medium banana

1:10 pm - M2
    6 oz albacore tuna in water drained 3 times, over 1/3 cup of brown rice, 16-24 oz V8

5:30 pm : M3
    #1 at Chick-Fil-A (I had no choice in this instead)
    #1: 1 regular chicken sandwich w/ pickles, 1 large waffle fries, 2 large diet dr pepper, 2 packets of honey mustard for fries

10:00 pm : M4
    2 slices organic wheat bread w/ 1/4 lb of cajun turkey from deli, green tea

I drank water and green tea throughout the day. I did not really keep track.

Unfortunately I have a lot of work to do tonight so I will be doing an all-nighter. The all-nighter is for research and homework which is actually not too bad in my opinion (all-nighters for exams = bad).

I had 90% of a beef jerky package between 1:10 am - 4:30 am and 3 diet sodas.

#15 Brian Golden, Jun 9, 2008
  16. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

I've not looked closely at your meals, but you need a reply during the early morning hours before dawn.

:)

17. Brian Golden

The last few days have been wacky to say the least. I am starting to not like jerky as much. :lol:

Once I finish what I need to do today I decided I will not be working out. I am been pretty good though.

I have an argument. . .and want to see what happens when/if and during I increase my intake of diet soda.

I would argue I would not see results in strength gain as fast though that is pretty hard to prove solely on one individual.

I will be keeping track of everything in my phone (when I eat anyway), and will probably not be updating this until tomorrow.

18. Brian Golden

Day 9 (June 10, 2008) - Extremely Busy Day, No Time For Workout

No sleep. . .this is a continuation from Day 7.

Weight: N/A

2:05 am - S1
    Jerky, Diet soda, Water

6:25 am - Supp & M1

1.5 scoops whey protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 1 medium banana, 2 granola bars (Nature Valley)

9:15 am - M2
    Do not recall, I want to say 6 oz of albacore tuna and 1-1.5 serving of triscuits

1:15 pm - S2
    Jerky and red african tea

The best part of my day:
    2:00 pm - 5:15 pm - Nap

5:15 pm - Supp and S3

6-12 oz Blueberry/Pomegranate Juice

8:45 pm - M3
    2 slices of double-fiber organic bread with cold cuts, half a container of raspberries

11:45 pm - S4
    2 fruit bars

12:00 am - S5
    1 fruit bar, 2oz of cottage cheese

#18 Brian Golden, Jun 11, 2008
  19. Brian Golden

Day 10 (June 11, 2008) - Overly Moderate Busy Day, No Time For Workout - ugh

Sleep: 1:20 am - 8:45 pm
    Weight: 176 (stress and diet induced, water weight)

8:55 am - Supp & M1
    1200mg Fish Oil Concentration Softgel (Naturemade - Costco), 1000mg Flax Seed Oil Softgel (Naturemade - Costco), 1 Mega Men's (GNC), 50mg Proanthocyanidin (Grape Seed Extract - GNC)

1.5 scoops whey protein (Cytosport - Cocoa Bean), 1 medium banana, 2 granola bars (Nature Valley)

12:30 pm - M2
    2 slices double fiber organic bread and cold cuts, red african tea

2:45 pm - S1
    Some leftover jerky, water

5:35 pm - S2
    Half container of raspberries

7:40 pm - M3
    Chick-Fil-A (#1), Chicken Sandwich with pickles, large waffle fries, 2x large diet lemonade

11:35 pm - S3
    Salsa and chips (because of all my hard work over the past week), 2 beers (1 Red Stripe and 1 Beck's Dark)

12:15 am - M4
    2 slices double-fiber organic bread and cold cuts

3:30 am - S4
    2 sugar free fruit bars, 4oz fat free cottage cheese

Lots of water and periodic tea.

#19 Brian Golden, Jun 11, 2008
  20. Brian Golden

Important Note:

I am now taking flax seed oil. I took one on Day 8 before bed.

I am also about to run out of my multivitamin. So I will either get some more at a competitively priced source or find a new multivitamin. That or I will just go to costco. I have a 1.5 day supply left, so I am just going to take one pill in the morning so I have 3 days to figure something out.

My usual source seems to have a bogus alternative in a very shady bottle. :lol: