1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Bryson Andres -- Amazing Musician

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Justitia, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Been a while since I've done any off-topic sharing.

This is a video that popped up on website I was viewing at some point a while back. Glad it caught my attention before I close it because the guy seems to be an amazing musician. Clearly talented, he's decided to go the street minstrel route instead of a professional route.

He uses an electric violin and is able to play riffs that he can then use as musical support , through feedback loops, for the next riff he plays. He is able to control each riff loop with his foot via the pedal on the ground and weave the various ones in with each other as he wishes.

This includes a "drumming beat" he creates by banging on the electric violin.

I was sort of struck by this the first time I heard it on a pop-up; it caused me to pause while I searched for the close button and then I listened to the whole thing. For a while I listened to it every day.

Note how some people on the street are struck by the music and pause for a moment to listen.

I haven't embedded a Youtube link in years -- so I hope I am doing this correctly.

EDIT: Well I can't figure it out so here is the link. Would welcome a description of how to embed Youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYGeELPpno

#1 Justitia, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    1) Copy just the part after the "equals" sign in the YouTube url. In this case, it would be YPYGeELPpno.

2) Click the YouTube button at the top of the New Thread or Reply to Thread page on JSF. You will get a set of post tag codes (I replaced the first and last "[" with a "{" so they show up in this post)

{YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE}

3) Paste the YouTube location code (from step one) in between the post tag codes. The video window will show up when you submit your post.

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thanks Philydude -- it was to paste in only what came after the equal sign that I had forgotten.