1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

British women's attitudes on sports and fitness

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by KT Monahan, Jul 21, 2012.

1. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

#1 KT Monahan, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

#2 KT Monahan, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Interesting article.

I'm not sure if I buy into the thought of culture says one thing, so let them eat cake mentality though. Brits are not known for being passive when it comes to any given issue. Just spend some time watching what goes on in the House of Commons. :lol:

The "twiggy" thing is...blech, but that too is everywhere. One cannot flip through a magazine without seeing atleast one twiggy female taking up a full page ad. Even my garden magazines have such ads which is odd in and of itself. I know the magazine prints the ads for revenue, but usually such ads are usually placed next to articles that involve some type of grunt work.

I don't think British women are any different from women here in the states. If there is enough fire under their butts to do something, it will get done. Hopefully they don't bore everybody to tears with whining about how sweating is disgusting, therefore it should be avoided as much as possible as they do here. I know of far too many women that seem to feel as though this a legit excuse not to get off the couch...