1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Boxers or Briefs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by AndrewJones, Mar 8, 2004.

1. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

May sound odd, but im wondering what most of you guys (males) wear for your primary undergarment. I see in most of the pictures that you guys wear boxers, but i dont know if those are your "work out clothes" or just what you wear naturally.

Are there any particular disadvantages to either type from a workout perspective?

Also just out of curiosity do most of the ladies (im assuming theres atleast some ladies that read this) utilize bikini or thong type undergarments when doing there workout activity? Advantages disadvantages.

AJ

2. neckowi

neckowi Well-Known Member

I wear boxers normally, but when I work out I have to wear briefs under the boxers because... umm... let's just say the movement on the elliptical can be painful after a while if I'm not wearing tightie whities. :o

I think it was Kramer who once said on Seinfeld: "My boys need a house."

3. unlevel

unlevel Well-Known Member

I don't nessecarily know advantages/disadvantages of either, but it's boxers here. :spaz:

4. Mahdimael

Mahdimael Well-Known Member

I wear boxers almost exclusively. The only exception would be formal events, where I don't want things showing

5. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

what do you guys think about "boxer briefs"?

6. Zan

Zan Well-Known Member

I wear boxers 75% of the time. My GF really likes boxer-briefs so I have a few pairs that make an appearence. I also like to wear boxer-briefs while at the gym as they help keep things in place.

7. GM Enthusiast

GM Enthusiast Well-Known Member

That is what I always wear when working out. In total I wear boxer briefs probably 75% of the time, the other 25% being regular boxers.

8. JennyLynn

JennyLynn Well-Known Member

I'll be the first lady to reply...I wear thongs almost all the time, except for when I workout. I'm not really worried about panty lines when I'm all sweaty and gross at the gym.

9. born sleepy

born sleepy Well-Known Member

that's all I wear now, different brands and lengths. regular boxers let things... um... well, swing around too much--and once you've sat on or otherwise squashed your nuts because of swinginess you never wanna do it again--plus I'd usually end up with a major wedgie at some point, and briefs irritated the skin in the... um... bikini area. yeesh!

10. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

Boxers!!!!!!!

11. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I wear yoga type pants to work out usually, the kind that cut off mid calf and a tank top or sport bra. I never wear a thong to work out in.

12. ChrisnAustin

ChrisnAustin Well-Known Member

Boxers normally here.....and tighties in the gym. Baggies shorts + boxers + laying on benches + mirrors....not a good idea! I hate the tighties, so I am gonna go for the boxer-brief in the gym....wish me luck!

13. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

As I read the previous replies I couldn't help but visualize this very thing (shudder) so I was glad to see you took some consideration in your workout undergarments! LOL. We work out at home, so it's not really a big deal, but stil.....

I wear tight exercise shorts or capri length - go commando - the underwear tend to irritate while sitting on the bike. I don't think I'd ever wear a thong exercising - yuk!

Ok, I just shared my choice of undergarments with with all y'all - go figure, I barely even know ya!

14. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

I only ever wear boxer briefs working out or not.

The benefits are similar to the benefits of a bra for a woman......

15. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Boxer briefs are superior for working out. I think it's obvious why they're better than boxers, especially when laying on a bench or riding the bike.

The problem with tightywhiteys is that they seem to cut into the skin at the bottom, but boxerbriefs hug the leg. Remember when everyone was wearing spandex underneath shorts? The boxerbrief gives you the same feeling of support without the lycra.

I wear boxers while working cuz I like to just let 'em hang, but I would never think of working out with 'em on. I learned my lesson during a high school tennis match from which I was forced to withdraw due to excessive bouncing. The pain radiated up gradually to my neck.