1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Bodyfat Estimate

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by Mr_Potato_Head, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Mr_Potato_Head

Mr_Potato_Head Well-Known Member

Hope this is in the right forum. 5ft 10, 154 lbs, Age 37

Some background - used to weigh in at 260lbs hence the excess skin. Currently cutting with a blend of cardio / lifting. My goal is to continue to lower bodyfat towards 15%. At the moment I'd estimate myself around 20% but would like some other views. Advice on next steps? Continue to cut, seems I have a lot more fat to get rid of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Congrats on the weight loss. That is over 100 pounds lost. How long have you kept it off?

I'm not good at estimating based on pictures but find the Navy Tape measure easy. You just need to measure your neck and belly. Here is a link

Body Tracker

As far as advice, you are doing both strength and cardio so not much more to add. I think eating near maintenance calories and focusing on getting stronger will help you reach your BF % goals.

3. George

George Senior Member

I would say 15-20% isn't too far off, although it is harder to tell without seeing your lower body. Loose skin does not look bad at all for losing over 100 pounds.

Next steps are totally up to you! It sounds like you want to keep losing fat. My advice would depend on how you feel and also how aggressively you have been dieting lately. If you feel like you need a break then consider increasing calories to maintenance for a few weeks. If you're feeling great and are motivated then keep going.

It can not be overstated how much good you have done for your health with this weight loss. You should be proud.

Edit: also, from a health standpoint, I feel that you are at a perfectly healthy weight right now and would not need to diet further outside of aesthetic reasons.

#3 George, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019