1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

bodycraft vs. tuff stuff vs. bodysolid (NO powertec for me)

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by alwayson, May 5, 2005.

1. alwayson

alwayson Well-Known Member

What do you guys think?

the tuff stuff rack or the bodycraft rack or the bodysolid rack?

I want the closer spacings, so I ruled out the Powertec

2. alwayson

alwayson Well-Known Member

When I say bodysolid, i am not talking about the standard power rack, but their upgraded "pro" model

3. Buddyglass

Buddyglass Well-Known Member

I’ve been researching the same thing myself. For me it was a toss up between the body-solid pro-power rack and the tuff stuff(tpr-265) I’m going with the tuff stuff. They’ve got the catches on the outside as well as the inside front and back. Also, the catches are tall so they protect the cage when you bring the bar back to the resting position. I think the tuff stuff has 11 guage steel and the bs one is 12 gauge. Not much difference, but a little thicker steel. At a dealer near me you can get the Body-Solid Pro-Power Rack for $399. I’ve gotten prices of $450 and $500 for the tuff stuff. It’s a little bit more, but I think it’s worth it. I’m getting the lat attachment and the tuff-stuff plate loaded attachment looks a lot better. The lats another $300. It has the dual rod guide system like the plate loaded version. The lat/ low row bars are nicer also. My 2-cents…..hope it helps.

http://www.tuffstuff.net/retail/products/home_equip/benches_machines/tpr_265.html

http://www.tuffstuff.net/ftp/TuffStuff/TPR-265/Picture/TPR-265%20Rev4.jpg

bg