1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Body Fat Percentage - A Visual Guide

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by guava, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Eye-Licker

Eye-Licker Member

hate to bump such an old thread, but oh well.

the pictures here, and the results i get from my calipers worry me a bit.
    using a 3-point body caliper test at my last reading i got 7.6% BF (two tests, used averages from 3 readings each test), but i don't have nearly the kind of definition you should have at that level. i tend to wan't to manipulate the numbers i put into those damn calculators so that the % comes out higher, and i constantly try to convince myself that there is a mrging of error and that probably grossly underestimates my real values for some reason.

i have a weak four-pack as is, though if i completely exhale i get a six-pack, or if i lay down.

now,i know that BF% isn't a end-all be-all number, but if my BF% really is 7.6, then that would suggest my genetics won't let me have a proper six-pack until i hit a very unhealthy number. :(

my caliper tests in MM is (averaged from 3 readings):
    Chest: 8.6
    Abdomen: 12.6
    Quad: 8 (i have great difficulty pinching anything on this one)

20 years old, 176 CM tall, and weigh 65KG (143 pounds). any help or guidance on this would be greatly apperciated. :)

PS: i have been keeping a workout log, and i have some pictures i could have contributed if it weren't for two factors; 1 - i only quite recently acquired a skinfold caliper, 2 - i refuse to believe my readings, they just can't be right.

2. janzy

janzy Member

I found this body fat percentage chart to be pretty accurate (at least it is for me) but you might find it a bit conservative (scroll down on the page)

[​IMG]

3. janzy

janzy Member

Oh wow, I bumped a very old thread... :) sorry about that. Nevertheless, I hope the chart will help future readers ;)

4. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    no worries... thanks for posting. Very informative... I wish there was also a picture in the 17-18% range for men and 28-30% range for women.