1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Body Fat Guesses Please

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by oakley1278, Apr 6, 2005.

1. oakley1278

oakley1278 Well-Known Member

I have been on a very strick routine for the last 4 1/2 months during which time I have made significant improvements in my body fat %. The routine consists of lifting 4 days/ week and running 4-6 miles 6-7 days per week.

I think the hard work and results are finally starting to become noticeable. Please take a look at these two pictures I took of myself last night, one relaxed, one flexed (i have to admit, I don't know how to flex or pose, so feel free to laugh at me!). Please let me know what you would guess my body fat % is please.

Thanks,
    Oakley

Attached Files:

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Probably a tad under 10%, but I'll disclaim that you could be as high as 11% at the very worst since all we see is your midsection. Great work.

-R

3. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

WOW friggin ripped... nice work, bro. Consistency + Dedication = Payoff, right?

Your body fat is a little tricky to guess... the problem is your abs. It's obviously thin skin right there with not much fat over them-- but they aren't very visible. Do you do weighted ab work? I'm assuming you squat and deadlift... possibly genetically small abdominals? Please don't think I'm making fun; absolutely not-- just tough to judge since most people look for the popping abs while you have the cuts everywhere else.

Your shoulder striations say to me: 8.35%

Your abs say to me: 9.43%

So I'll compromise at: 8.77%

4. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

yes, id definatly say your hard work payed off big! you look great man.

even though you're looking pretty ripped, id still say about 10 or 11% bf.

5. ellipticer

I think his abs are foolin ya ;) I couldn't see where he could possibly be storing 11% ?? Just doesn't have the big pop of abdominals that make people think sub-10, right?

6. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

i have a feeling that he's hiding some fat on his feet and legs. i just have a 6th sense about these things.

ok fine... 9-10

7. ellipticer

LOL... we both enjoy this guessing game. I'd like to see the wheels, too, before passing final judgement.

... feet though?? hahaha

8. oakley1278

Interesting to see the guesses...FYI December 2004 my bf was measured at 17.3%

I realize my abs could be WAAAY more developed and that's my next area of concentration now that I've shed a lot of the overall body fat. Here's another picture of my right bicep flexing....

Attached Files:

9. jojo459

jojo459 Well-Known Member

If I looked like that I think I would stop working out, stop wearing shirts, and carry a mirror around with me all day :D

That be said just by looking at the picture I would have to say that there is no way you are over 10% I'm going to say 9.2%

10. ukest05

ukest05 Well-Known Member

holy shit dude ur pumped!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

well done on working hard like you said its now paying off u look great

11. oakley1278

Accoring to the caliper measurements yesterday at my gym I'm at 11.6% That's a 4-point measurement (bicep, tricep, upper back and lower abdominal).

I wonder if you guys are being too kind or those calipers are being too harsh and unrealistic.

I'll make it a point to fire some pictures of my legs, and a shot of my back today after work and post.

12. yirmeyah

yirmeyah Well-Known Member

Calipers being harsh..there's no way that you're even a fraction over 10. I'd guess 8-9. Great job - Jeremy

13. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

:nod: :nod: :cool:

what WHAT? what What?

14. ellipticer

hahah looks like we'll have to chip in for hydrostatic weighing if we're to settle this.

15. fatboylvr2000

fatboylvr2000 Well-Known Member

I'd have to guess you at 8. My reasoning for this is I had a four point measurement done about 3 years ago when I was running and working out a ton and eating next to nothing and they measured me at 8.59%, same trainer who had done it a year before when I measured at 21.9%. And I wasn't quite as vascular and didn't have as much muscle mass.

16. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

An easy 9-10. Looking good, great definition. Hard to tell,but how are your lats? Can you give us a flxed back shot?

17. henderjr

henderjr Well-Known Member

Looking great. I'd say <10% for sure.

18. oakley1278

Thanks for the honest opinions guys, I really appreciate the feedback! ~5 months ago when I was over 17% I never, EVER thought I would see the day that I would be flirting with 10% body fat. Its exciting, and ridiculously motivating!

In case anyone is interested here are a few of my current stats:

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 202 lbs
    chest: 43.75"
    Biceps Flexed: R=16.5 L=16.75
    Waist: 33"
    Thighs relaxed: R=22.25 L=22.15
    Calf relaxed: R=16.25 L=16.5

Lean Body Mass = 178.5lbs
    Body Fat Weight = 23.5lbs

19. ellipticer

Am I the only one who wants to see the before shots?? :D I'm around 17% and this thread is motivation already, but let's see what you looked like with a fat layer on.

20. oakley1278

Ok, I've got a perfect picture to post of me taken on the beach in a bathing suit in mexico a matter of months ago...it was before I decided enough was enough. I will post it later tonight when I get out of work.