1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

bmac 2013

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by bmacntmac, Jan 2, 2013.

1. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

What part of the country do you live in? Nothing like a pool in the back yard.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Your approach to having a hang out place for your kids and their friends is exactly the path that wifey and I took. We wanted my kids' friends to feel welcome. It gave us an opportunity to know them and I knew that the possibilities of them getting into stupid teenage situations was not going to happen under my roof even if I went to sleep hours before some of them left.

Be prepared, though. They can eat unbelievable amounts of food so you or Tami may find yourself at the market more frequently. :lol: It's a trade off I'll make every time.

Wishing you well on your weight loss goal.

3. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:lol:

Right?

4. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

:wave:Howdy neighbor! I'm sure you will be watching the big game tonight! GO BLUE!!!

Just caught up reading your journal! That's great news about the thyroid! Hopefully you'll see the pounds dropping. Whens the last time you actually had your thyroid tested? I always go with hopes my thyroid is messed up which would explain my weight and need for naps...nope I'm just a lazy ass who needs naps and loves food. Thyroid is always normal.:lol:

Having kids hang out at your house is a good thing. It can get expensive quenching their thirst and need for food ALL the time but I would rather sacrifice that any day and know where my kids are. Pool days will be a huge plus at the BMAC house. We too could use some warmer weather!!!

5. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Hey Leftyx - I live in the midwest....central Ohio to be exact. April 8th - that means we could have 72 degrees today and snow flurries by the weekend. Memorial Day is when most pools in this area are officially opened.

Choppie and Kree! Great day to open up a journal and see both of you here!

I've never had my thyroid checked. Stupid on my part. Both of my grandmothers had thyroid issues. Same with all of my dad's sisters, my mom, and my sister.

I've now been on the meds for about a week. I'm sure that the dosage is no where close to being correct, but I do feel a lot better. I woke up this morning with much more energy than I'm accustomed to. Maybe mental, but I'll take it.

I almost finished putting the cage together. I just have to attach the pulley system. I will be lifting tonight. Going to have a go at the Gethin workout that I started back in Jan. when my knee started acting up again.

Marek is now playing on 2 soccer teams. He plays Upward Soccer, which is a ministry of the church and not competitive at all. He had his first game Saturday and scored 6 goals. (Not that he was counting :rolleyes:) Then he played his first game with the other team Sunday. It's a 4th/5th grade co-ed team. He is a 3rd grader and is the peanut of the league. He held his own and loved it. No goals, but did get a shot on goal that went wide left. He looks kind of funny on the huge field. We were worried at on point that the wind was going to carry him away.

Mac won 2 out of 4 games over the weekend. Didn't play very well, but the team did.

Maren is still sitting out of soccer because of the mono and McKenna is getting ready for prom in a few weeks. Dad needs to start getting ready for that too. Not sure a few weeks is long enough for me to be ready. :cry:

Wish me luck for a good report tomorrow on the leg workout!

6. bmacntmac

Oh and Kree....yes I did watch the game and will be hoping UM wins it all. Doubt if anyone hears me say Go Blue though......Did I mention that Trey Burke is a Columbus boy?

7. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Yeah...yeah...

In case you don't remember...I am from Ohio:lol:

8. bmacntmac

Springfield area, right?

Went on a 30 minute hike yesterday afternoon. Kicked my butt because it had a lot more hills than I thought.

Got in some legs last night. Nothing too serious for the first time out. Did some light squats, some single leg lunges off a bench, and some stiff leg dead lifts.

I think today is chest and tris.

I'm not going to get on the scale every morning. I think I will just do it twice a week. The first goal is still 270 and I want to be there by the last day of April.

9. bmacntmac

I think of your posts about your house often Paul. You seem to have figured that part of life out and I've been taking notice!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Brian. I'm glad we played it as we did and come September with both kids away at college I know I'm going to miss the vibe and energy of having a bunch of teenagers in the house. Life goes on and we still have a few months before that occurs.

11. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

:nod:

Near the epicenter of basketball....a.k.a. the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana tri-state area.

12. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I had mono in 9th grade. I was out of school for 6 weeks. My spleen was shot! My liver enzymes were completely out of whack! Make sure she sleeps and takes it easy.

13. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

yay!!! nothing's worse than zappppped energy. any improvement should go a long way. good luck buddy!! :tucool:

14. bmacntmac

deja!!! :dreamy:

Legs and butt are pretty sore. Hills on that hike were a little worse than I thought.

Did chest and tris yesterday afternoon. No lifting today. I'm going to get in another 30 minute hike as long as the rain holds off. If it rains I'll get the cardio in on the bike tonight.

My sister-in-law and niece from Buffalo spent the night with us last night. They are visiting a grad school in Cincinnati today. It was great to see them, even if it was for only a few hours. My brother-in-law and their other daughter might come in for the weekend. Actually, the niece is coming to visit a friend at OSU, but the bil might drive her down and spend the weekend with us.

Not checking the weight until Friday morning. I'm hoping for 279.

15. bmacntmac

Another 30 min hike yesterday. I was pretty sore all over last night. Legs, butt, tris. Haven't felt that way in a long while and it felt good. Shoulders and bis tonight.

16. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Careful with this kind of thinking. Weight can fluctuate day to day regardless of fat content or fat loss, for many reasons that are not due to going off plan. Use a number as a goal, but don't tie it too much to expectation and happiness. Are you prepared to power through regardless of the outcome this Friday?

17. bmacntmac

I don't even have enough will-power to stay off a scale for a week. :lol: What I should have said is I'm not going to report on here until Friday. And it didn't look too good this morning so I'm now changing that statement to Friday night. :lol:

I am prepared to power thru. My health has always been pretty good, even if that number on the scale was higher than it should have been. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I got any bad news about my health. The high blood pressure was a wake up call. I had been slacking for months and I was starting to feel bad and then to have the data to back it up......I know I need to keep my body moving and watch what I put in my pie hole. I'm not getting any younger and I can now see how I've followed in my fathers footsteps. I need to change that.

Next workout is back/bis and not shoulder/bis like I said the other day. I shuffled things around Wednesday/Thursday so that workout will be done this afternoon.

18. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

okay, cool. Don't take my comment to mean I am against daily weighing. I weigh myself every day specifically because I know how much fluctuation there is and I need to see the data laid out. Weekly measurements from my point of view, is just reducing the resolution on the data and obscuring trends.

19. bmacntmac

I understand totally. I am usually a weigh every day person. I like to see what certain activities and certain foods do to my weight while in my system. With that being said I haven't been on the scale in a week. :doh: Been super busy around the yard and house, but haven't done a structured workout in a few days. Still getting walks in during the workday.

We now have a broken nose in the family. Mac ran into a kid during his game Sunday full speed. Nose to fore head. Immediate pool of blood. I guess he set it back in place in the bathroom while trying to get it to stop bleeding. I didn't get to see it since I was on soccer duty with Marek. Tami saw it and said it was pretty nasty. They spent a couple of hours in the ER Sunday and we take him back for a follow up tomorrow. Now to find a mask for him....

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ouch! Hope Mac is okay.