1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

bmac 2013

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by bmacntmac, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

That's the great thing about the holidays and new year. Hit the refresh button and start new. Things are looking up!

2. bmacntmac

sorry if this is sideways. tried to flip it, but my adult add kicked in and I just posted.

photo.jpg

3. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Nice pic.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the family update and that's a great pic. Never throw that baggie out. :nono:

5. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

6. bmacntmac

thanks gh! Nice to see you in my journal. Rooting for you too. Great to see people that have been here for years still making a positive impact around here.

278.4 lbs this morning.

Did 20 min of cardio on the bike and then did some legs. I wasn't able to do the whole workout because I haven't completely put my gym back together since the move. But I was able to do some squats and stiff legged dead lifts. I think today is chest and tris.

I was pretty hungry last night. I think I might have missed a meal. But I did get in about a gallon of water and a good workout, which is healthier than any day in a LONG time.

I'm glad Choppie asked about the fam. It's good to put in writings the blessings that we have. Day to day its easy to focus on the bad, but no one wants to hear that. So when asked about something like that you are forced to think hard about the good. And I have plenty of good in my life.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bmac, it's not just you. Most of us, well at least me, often get caught up with our short term and long term responsibilities and forget to see the goodness around us that we've worked so hard to achieve.

Congrats on the sub 280 scale reading!

8. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

One barrier down....more to fall....nice! :tu:

9. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Radtastic! :tucool:

10. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

That was an awesome family update and OMG that is just about the cutest thing I ever did see. :dreamy: Please remember me to your better half. :nod:

11. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

let me know off line if you want some discreet proven methods on how to run off long standing boy/girl friends from your children's lives. they're effective...and they leave your kids coming to you for solace while thinking the other kids parents drove them apart. :tucool:

12. bmacntmac

Feel free to spam my private messages! I'm open to just about anything! We were discussing the fact that McKenna is 15 and this boy is 17 and will be 18 in the summer. He was saying something along the lines of blahblahblahblahblah and I just looked at him and said "the main thing that would change when you turn 18 is what I would be charged with." Not sure if he understood or not. :rolleyes:

McKenna got her temps yesterday so she went to Marek's basketball practice with us last night. We drove around the parking lot for about an hour. She may be ready to drive on the road by the time she is 30.....Make that 35.

Got in my 20 minutes on the bike and then my chest/tri workout.

*Flat DB press
    *Incline DB flyes
    *skull crushers
    *Overhead DB extensions
    *Some other tricep exercise but I left my log at home....

Weight spiked a little to 279.2 this morning. Not really concerned.

Cardio tonight. Although I found out this morning I think I'm supposed to be doing 20 min in the morning and 20 min in the evening. Gotta work on that. (Getting up earlier and taking Bella for a walk would be perfect, but we live in the country now and its dark.)

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    What are McKenna's driving restrictions?

Good luck with the teaching; it can be a very fear inducing experience.

14. bmacntmac

As far as I'm concerned she is only driving with me in an empty parking lot!! She just has her temps. Not sure of the specifics, but she can only be with a licensced driver. May have to be me or her mother? She now has to take the drivers ed course and get in 50 hours of driving with us (10 of which is supposed to be at night). Then she has to get in like 8 hours with the instructor, then take the test when she turns 16.

Another decent workout last night. Back and bi's. And another 20 min. on the bike. The cage is definitely going back up this weekend. Tough to do lat work without the cables when you can't do pullups.

Weight was 278 this morning. Guess that's ok considering we had our "Thursday Lunch Bunch" yesterday. Shoulders and abs today.

Day by day, building some consistancy. I'm already feeling better in the day to day activities. The body was meant to move, not sit behind a desk all day and lay on a couch at night.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If McKenna passes her test at 16 does she have full adult driving privleges? I ask because every state is different.

As we all know consistency is the key to making progress and you're off to a good start. :tucool:

16. bmacntmac

I think she is limited to the amount of non family kids she can have in the car and cannot drive after midnight.

Tweaked my elbow the other day to the point that I didn't feel it would be good to workout. And I had a 2 day bout with a virus. Still feeling the after effects, but I'm coming out of it.

17. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Keep fighting B. Just be sure to keep moving. When the elbow hurts, go for a good walk or whatever you can make work.

Rootin' for you.

18. bmacntmac

one month since last update. ouch. Things haven't changed much for me since last update. I've been having serious issues with my knee. No full fledged gout flare ups, but bad enough that stairs make me nervous. And workouts haven't even been thought of. I've learned that red meat will cause a flare up pretty quick and then some pineapple and berries will calm it down. But I can't think of a day in the last month where I haven't had any discomfort in the knee. Of course being overweight is probably some of the blame. If I could take 20-30 off it might not be as big of an issue.

Basketball is officially over on Saturday and then its on to the AAU circuit for Mac. Spring can't come soon enough. I'm done with winter. We had a bad ice storm last night and I took a nasty fall on our sidewalk. Nothing broken, but I definitely feel like I fell hard.

Next update won't be in a month, but won't promise everyday either.

19. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Good luck, B. Keep at it. One step at a time.

20. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

bmac, are you following a plan for short term and long term weight loss goals?