1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

bmac 2013

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by bmacntmac, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the catchy title chico. I'm stealing it.

After a long absence I'm back. 2012 was not the greatest of years, but it did end on a high note and things are definitely turning around. I'll put most of it down in words later, but for now know that I am back, have missed you all dearly, am fat(ter), and ready to make 2013 much better.

I'm in the worst shape of my life and weighed in at 284 lbs this morning. I was 258 lbs in October of 2011 when I ran the marathon with some of you.

More later, but man is it good to be back here.

2. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

just stay away from bucca di beppo's for a little while bro. :tucool:

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Looking forward to your postings.

4. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Welcome back, bmac. It's really good to see you around again.

5. bmacntmac

Good to be back.

282.8 lbs today. Flushing out the bad stuff.

The plan for the rest of the week is moderate eating and lots of water. Haven't thought about a workout regiment. I'd love to start running again, but I think I should drop about 20 first. I will probably start doing a round of P90X. The yoga and stretching will do me good. My weights and cage are all disassembled in a garage at the back of our new place, but bringing in a few db's shouldn't be too tough. Plus I have the recumbant bike that is in the garage. Any movement is good movement at this point after months and months (a year almost) of no activity.

6. bmacntmac

2012 in a nutshell:

*tmac's (my wife Tami) dad lost his battle with cancer in December of 2011. tmac suffered from some depression for months. I'm not sure when she snapped out of it, but she is in a much better place now.

*we bought and developed a 100 acre piece of property about 4-5 years ago. The plan was for us and our friends/partners to each build our homes on 25 acre lots at the back of the property. We started this venture about 6 months before everything in the housing industry went sour. We held on for as long as we could, but finally had to swallow our pride and let the father of our partner bail us out. Now we have no property and still owe upwards of $70k on that property that we do not own.

*With dreams of 25 acres and a new house shattered, the walls of our 3 bedroom house were closing in and a constant reminder that we needed more space. (4 kids ages 16, 15, 8 and 7) We became miserable in that house and daily grumbled about getting out.

*Business was not good. We are in the asphalt paving business and like everything else in today's economy, we were in year 3 of a pretty significant slide.

*The matriarch of our family, my grandmother, passed away in 2012. Pretty hard for everyone.

*The election in November nearly pushed me over the edge.

No one event was enough to cause unrepairable harm to us, but the daily grind of a grieving spouse, watching a dream slip away, losing a grandmother, and having no control over a struggling economy.......just not a good year.

But 2013 is a new start. Late in the year we put our house on the market. We signed a contract to buy my cousin's house. (She had bought a new house and was renting her old one out, but wanted to sell it.) We had no bites the first month on our house, but was able to enter into a contract with one of tmac employees. They are unloading their house in a short sale, so they are unable to obtain financing right now. We have a rent to own contract with them, which is giving us an additional $150 per month. We found a local banker that would loan us the money for the new house. We now have a place that is much better and roomier for our family. And we got it at a price that gives us lots of equity right off the bat.

Business starting turning around late in our season last year. We are changing things around a little bit and are more optimistic about the upcoming year.

At some point tmac came to terms with her father's death. If mama ain't happy, nobody is happy. Likewise, if mama is happy....

And Grandma HR is in a better place and her death gave our family an excuse to come together and count our blessings.

So all is looking better. I'm ready for 2013 and expect today to be better than yesterday and tomorrow to be better than today.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    No doubt an extremely tough year; this is great to read:

And it will.

8. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

I too am currently on the do-something-anything-just-get-off-your-ass plan. The momentum will build. :nod:

9. bmacntmac

282.1 lbs this morning

Nothing new to report. Still flushing out the bad. Lots of water is my main objective. I did find the p90x dvd's in the garage last night. Will watch them this weekend to refresh my memory on what can be done in the back family room and what can't. I should be thinking of a end of January weight goal. 270 is probably a good number. Once I start moving I would expect to blow past that number, but its a good place to start.

Ballgame for Mac tonight and again tomorrow night. Marek plays Saturday and Sunday. Maren in spelling bee Saturday morning. McKenna......googly eyes for boyfriend all weekend. :rolleyes:

We are helping our renters move into the old house on Sunday. Should get some good lifting in then.

Hopefully by Monday I will have flushed out enough to report in under 280!

10. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Hey Brian...I will be following along.
    We have similar goals I think.....I am trying to lose 40 pounds by my birthday this year. (end of May)

11. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Yeah!! The BMAC is back!!!:tu:

Glad to read life is improving! I look forward to reading your NEW journal:D Tell the wifey hello for me.

12. bmacntmac

Yes, Michael....40 pounds would be awesome by my birthday (by your birthday would be even better!

KREEEEEE!! tmac sends hellooos to that state up north! What exotic island are you posting from today?!

Nothing to post today. Didn't get on the scales this morning. Not sure why. Had pizza last night so the numbers probably would not have looked good. Going to do chest and back from p90 tonight. Will probably be out of breath during the warmup, as the warmup and stretching at the end will be the extent of my working out over the last 6-8 months.

We did help some people move this weekend, which could be considered a workout. But I'm looking forward to "officially" working out.

13. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

No exotic islands till May but I do have some trips planned:)...starting this Friday I'm tagging along with hubby to California for a buisness trip:)

14. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Welcome back, bmac. Sounds like you and many others had a rough 2012. Onward!

15. bmacntmac

Silver!! Haven't 'seen' you forever! Good to hear from you!

I haven't fallen off the wagon already. One would have to get back on in order to fall off. Wifey found a 12 week program that she thought I would like, so I held off on the p90x and have been researching this program. It comes from bodybuilding.com. The sister of an employee of bb.com works for Tami. She was able to pull up his progress pics and read an article about him. Not to mention she knows his sister, so now she has me doing the program. Program comes from a guy named Kris Gethin. We'll see how it goes.

Still not under 280.

16. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:talktothehand:

S'hup.

I want to know all about your awesome, beautiful family. :nod:

17. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Good to be back, B. Good luck with the new regimen!

18. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

I had a rough last year or two as well, but so far 2013 has been good to me and hopefully will continue to be so. I hope the same is happening for you in the brief new year.

19. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

I believe in streaks. :nod:

I try to weather the bad ones...and really go after it when I am on a good one...

20. bmacntmac

:heart::heart::heart: Anything for Choppie!

Wifey doing well. As I said she went thru some depression after her dad died. As strange as it sounds, her turning point was when she got a tattoo on her wrist. It says "Richly Blessed" , which is what her dad would say to her everytime he talked to her after he got sick. Always said he was richly blessed.

Mac is good. Sophomore in high school. Steady girlfriend for over a year. (not too happy about that.) Playing junior varsity basketball and doing well. Much more playing time this year.

McKenna is also a sophomore in high school. Got her first steady boyfriend a couple of months ago. I wish she would dump him, date some other boys for the next 8 years and then go back to this guy and marry him. Too good of a kid for a first boyfriend. She is a beautiful young woman and I couldn't be prouder of her.

Marek is in the 3rd grade. His mind and body go at 200 mph from the time he gets up till his head hits the pillow. He is playing basketball also. Sharp as a tack. Challenging to raise.

Maren is in the 3rd grade and is bossy as ever. I have to stick up for her on a daily basis because she drives the rest of the house crazy. She is lucky she has a heart of gold and is constantly giving gifts to everyone. She made pb &j sandwiches for everyone the other day with notes in the baggie telling us to have a good day and that she loves us. I'll post a pic. I still have the baggie.

Bella the german shepherd is great. She loves the fact that we now live on 1.5 acres and can run.

Me??.....Very overweight and hating it. But I'm back on the wagon today. Eating has been spot on and I have a leg workout planned for this afternoon. I'll post about it tonight or tomorrow.