1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Blinkbear the Altered Beast

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Blinkbear, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

Quick Stats- 24 y/o Male, 6', 240-245 lbs (down from 295).

So it's been a pretty terrible past 3-4 weeks. I was making good progress I dieted down to my lowest ever at around 230, down from 295 but I got off track and its been tough getting back on. I'm now back up to around probably 240-245... I've been afraid to check. I decided to take advantage of Mastover's current special and now I'm working with him for the next 3 months (well, technically 11 weeks but that's my fault). Typical me I've had his program in hand for 8 days now and I have yet to start. But that changes today!

The goal is losing bodyfat while building/maintaining muscle. As far as a number goes I have 215 in my head but it really is something I'm going to evaluate as I go as I've never been down that low. I dont know how things will look/feel. I want to cut a decent amount of bodyfat and then focus on gettin stronger/faster. The deal is that I am finally attending college this coming fall and I would really like to try out for the football team so I want to get into shape for that. One of my biggest regrets is not going to college right after high school and not playing ball like I wanted to because of it and I don't think that I'd ever let myself live it down if I didn't try before it was too late.

Because I work a really weird weekly schedule and I work nights it's difficult to get into a routine for the week (it mostly affects my sleeping schedule, sadly, as I have to switch from a day schedule to night schedule and vice versa every 3-4 days). But the plan to get started is to get home in 6 hours (I'm currently at work) at 9:30am (Jan. 9th). Sleep til approximately 6pm. Take my Pre-WO drink, lift, Post-WO drink, cook, eat. Then leave for work at 10pm.

I've found that I stick to a diet plan best when I utilize an intermittent fasting style of eating so I plan on getting all of my calories in in an 8 hour window, starting with my Post-WO shake. Roughly between 8pm and 4am I will eat all of my calories and then fast until 8pm the following night. I don't do well with the 5-6 meal thing, I like 3 maybe 4 meals. I feel more satiated when I eat and I spend less time fixing my food so it works for me. I also fix meals for my wife (she's in it with me) so the more time I can save, the better.

The schedule for the week (Jan. 9-16) tentatively looks like this:
    Sunday- Lift
    Monday- HIIT Cardio 30/60 for 15 mins
    Tuesday- Lift
    Wednesday- HIIT Cardio 30/60 for 15 mins
    Thursday- HIIT Cardio 30/60 for 15 mins
    Friday-Lift
    Saturday-HIIT Cardio 30/60 for 15 mins
    Sunday-HIIT Cardio 30/60 for 15 mins

It may get adjusted just depending on how we feel due to DOMS and whatnot but my biggest problem is planning so atleast having this is a start for me.

I'll report back here tomorrow after I finish my workout. I wanna get my measurements up here too in the next day or so along with some pics.

Any question or comments always will be welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

2. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Well if you're transformation goes any better than the game did you should be just fine.

3. Blinkbear

Blasphemy! That game is a classic! :lol:

4. Blinkbear

So I set my alarm for 6pm, double and tripled checked that it was turned on before I went to sleep, and it was. Too bad I didn't notice that my phone was on silent so I ended up waking up at 8pm when I couldn't hear my alarm going off. Good thing I didn't sleep all the way through work! I was pretty pissed cuz I didn't have time to lift before work but I just decided to make today a cardio day and will make tomorrow a lifting day instead.

Diet is spot on so far today

5. Blinkbear

Got the first lifting session under my belt last night and it felt really good. Sucks being reminded how much muscle I've lost since my earlier playing days but I guess I gotta start somewhere to get back to where I was.

Diet has been 95% the past two days. In a moment of weakness I stupidly broke down and ate a brownie :( On the bright side at least it wasn't two+ brownies haha.

6. Blinkbear

Two brownie-free days in a row. 100% diet adherence w00t! Wednesday night was some 30/60 cardio for 15 mins and that went well. The DOMS from my Tuesday upper body workout are killing me today. Mostly because it's been months and months since I did bicep curls (everything I've done recently has been compound lifts, no isolation) and now my arms aren't happy. I kinda got the t-rex thing going on where I can't extend my arms out all the way. If I work at it I can only get them out to about 135 degrees bent at the elbow and not much farther. It's more inconvenient than anything else. I totally prefer not being able to walk after a good leg workout rather than not being able to use my arms haha

Speaking of leg workout... Thursday night's lifting session did not go well. It was kind of a disaster. I was feeling really unmotivated but I got into my gym anyways. It was leg day so I popped off a couple light warmup sets of squats and felt pretty good. Got into my working sets and I finished all of my sets and reps but halfway through my 3rd set of four I started to get nauseous and was sweating just profusely (I naturally sweat alot but this was quite a bit even for me). I finished up my last set and sat for a few minutes to see if I could shake the feeling. I thought I started to feel better so I moved onto my split squats but only got one set done before I had to lose my lunch. Not good.

I think I have it pinpointed why this happens to me because it's not the first time it's happened and although it obviously plays a part, I don't think it's solely because I'm woefully out of shape. I only ever seem to get sick when I eat before I lift. Doesn't seem to matter how long I wait because I waited 3 hours after my egg whites and oats to lift because I know that in the past I don't usually do well eating first so I wanted to give extra time but I guess it didn't matter. Whenever I work out fasted I never, ever get sick like I do when I eat beforehand. The only strange thing this time was that I usually get more than one exercise done before the nausea sets in. Hmm. oh well I guess. That's just how I'm going to go about it from now on.

Needless to say, after vomiting, showering, and lying on my bed for 20 minutes trying to get my bearings back and feeling better, I unfortunately didn't finish my workout. But I do intend on giving it a go again on Friday to make up for this. Fasted, of course.

If at first you don't succeed...

Dropped a bunch of weight which I can only assume to be 99% water but sitting at 232 as of Thursday.

#6 Blinkbear, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  7. Blinkbear

Had a solid fasted back workout today. Diet was pretty good. Cardio tomorrow. Keepin the ball rollin...

8. Blinkbear

Overslept my cardio workout that I was gonna do this evening before work. The wife woke me up half hour before I had to leave. Apparently I had shut off my alarm when it went off even though I have no recollection of this. I must've been really tired cuz ordinarily when I do this I have atleast enough lucidity to know that I need to reset it so I will actually wake up on time.

Oh well, all is not lost as I will just get it done before bed this morning.

9. Blinkbear

Figured I'd throw up some pics. Haven't taken any recently but to be honest there hasn't been any progress since these were taken in December due to my lack of willpower over the holidays. I'm thinkin I'll take my next ones Feb. 3 just to keep the date consistent.

Attached Files: