1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Fella, Long time lurker

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Nucleo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

Greetings,
    going to start this off with a little back story so you all know where im comming from.

at 18, going out and partying with friends was fun, I was about 5'11 17st, single and unhappy. Im a bit of an IT geek, bit of a gamer and spent alot of holidays from school and college(uk) sat on my ass. I 'snapped', jumped on the family 'stepper' and abused it for a couple of weeks every night before it broke, I managed to get a hold of a manual treadmill and used that for another couple of weeks before purchasing a proper eletric treadmill.

I was able to get into the mental state that I had to change and things did. I didn't notice things myself, I didn't weight myself and only really looked in the mirror and just thought... still got a way to go. My diet wasn't bad.... or particularily good, it was whatever my parents would put on the table and in most cases it was a mix of chicken salads and the usual meals.

Im guessing it was about 2 months worth of usage, at least every day, sometimes twice a day I managed to go from 2 minute runs for 30 mins to a full 30-45 fast jog. I presumed I was fitter but didn't really notice it. After a couple of weeks my routine changed to 15min worth of 2 min sprints, bicep, chest, abs with dumbells and back to another 15 mins of before.

Another month on and I checked the scales, I'd gotten down to 13.5st but I didn't really think much of it, I received compliments from everywhere and of course, a night on the town and I met my fiance. I kept the fitness up, joined a gym and spent a hour of each day walking to-and-from my fiances house, everyday.

Well, we moved out, got contempt, and now im sat here, writing this post at 22, weighting 18st - 250lbs. Im not unhappy, and I dont 'need' to loose the weight, I play 5-a-side twice a week at 2 hour stints a time, staying active doing that. But, as its january and my very local gym has FINALLY dropped the induction fee they used to charge, I am joining on the 11th!.

I have been browsing this forum for a couple of years and the knowledge and inspirational transformations are incredible. that is one reason why I have posted this message, basically just want to know if anyone else has had a lul in their training, and how they were able to overcome it.

Another thing I wanted to ask, was that if anyone has a big issue with having a 'sweet tooth'. I have one, and its a killer. Chocolate or cookies... something sweet just finishes a dinner or lunch, this is going to stop a monday as I get my gym induction and set myself up for a new life. What do you fine folk use to reduce the sweet tooth? I tried apples, oranges, grapes.... etc, doesn't do me any favours.

When I start a diet, I am very good at it, especially if i am going to start a gym membership and it is so local, around a 5 min walk from my house, it is ideal. The time is now and .... being at university in my final year. I want to look my best for my graduation in May. So I have 5 months for a major cut and slim. Muscle is not a requirement at the moment, I just want to slim right down, muscle building can wait.

Thanks for reading my rabble, just feels better to get this off my chest. My fiance is fully supportive of what I want to do, but she doesn't want me to change or get slimmer as such she 'likes me as I am'... but thats just because we are in a loving relationship, and I NEED to do this for myself.

MK

2. petvan

petvan Well-Known Member

Good luck dude from another IT geek.

Clearly you know how to get where you need to go, just need to get going ;-)

Looking forward to the positive news I'm sure you'll share.

Pete

3. Geo2007

Geo2007 Active Member

good wife but do not fall for this lie :)

4. Denzalo

Denzalo Active Member

It also could be the truth. Many women like bigger guys because it makes them feel smaller and "sexier". Some have issues with self image and rely on the man to be bigger to help them cope until they get real help, which 90% of don't. I hope that doesn't become an issue for you.