1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Bicep increase,a little help

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by rubito, Jul 21, 2010.

1. rubito

rubito Active Member

Hey all,I am a a really active persona and I started my own journal about a month ago and I am concerned about my biceps,I have notice it has grown a little bit in around 3 months and I want it to grown even bigger,so I planned out a exercise routine,notice this is just for my biceps and its not the only exercise I do in the week.

4 x 10 Biceps curls(each arm)
    4 x 10 Hammer curls(each arm)
    4 x 10 concentration curl(each arm)

I plan to to them 2-3 times a week and rest beetween days.
    Is this a good routine or can I improve it somehow,like doing more days,less reps,doing it until fail,etc...Thanks

Here is my Journal

2. user786

user786 Active Member

IMO this is a waste of time ....your biceps are a small muscle and dont need much direct work...once your big lifts ie squats /deadlifts /rows start getting bigger so will your biceps:).....if you do have time tho just start doing pull ups/ chin ups as i feel they work the biceps best.

3. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

That's a heck of a lot of direct bicep work to do two to three times a week. More is not always better. I would do something like that once a week at most.

4. rubito

rubito Active Member

Well I also do pull ups and its really hard if you are still not good at it,so imagine doing next the chin ups jaja I would only do a quarter of the lift jajaja.

5. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

The tricep is biggest arm muscle. So I suggest the following:

1 set of BB bicep curl

rest 60 seconds or less.

1 set BB tricep extension.

Do as many reps as you can. If you can't do 8 reps reduce weight, if you do more than 12 reps increase weight. You will soon be doing each exercise to failure with the appropriate weight that brings you to failure between 8-12 reps. You should progress and build those arms. You only need to do one set of each exercise.

Chins will work bicep as it works lats if you do them with plams facing you. A bench press will work your triceps. So you arms get worked with other exercises also.:tucool:

6. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

^^ This. You need big triceps too if you want a decent sized (and decent looking) arm.

7. rubito

rubito Active Member

How many times a week?

8. toprngr

toprngr Active Member

I have to say that concentrating on your biceps isn’t exactly a bad thing, but you can develop bicep muscles by doing other weight lifting exercises as well. But I believe that you do have a reason for this, as you have mentioned that you wanted your biceps to be bigger, and it might look kind of imbalance now I believe. The routine you have is good enough, if you feel that there is no improvements, you can always add more weight.