1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

BF% Estimate / Loose Skin?

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by KineticPoet, Nov 2, 2007.

1. KineticPoet

KineticPoet Active Member

Ok as of last fridays weekly weigh in i am at 148lbs (use to weigh 240). I am wondering my currenty BF% if anyone would take a guess. I am starting to get a little depressed...my abs are starting to come in which is nice, but I feel like I just cant lose my stomach/lovehandles/chest fat. Also I am concerned if my stomach sag whateverthing is fat or just loose skin. Here are the pics

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 KineticPoet, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    8-10%

Don't be depressed, celebrate! You've done an amazing job so far. Your body fat is already extremely low and you're just a couple of lbs of fat away from being totally shredded. The last few are the hardest perception-wise, but nothing in comparison to what you've already accomplished.

It looks as though you have a tiny bit of loose skin but nothing like I would expect from someone who dropped 92 lbs of fat. That's great news. Your skin is very elastic and healthy and will tighten up considerably over time.

You're lookin' great, KP. I understand wanting to perfect those last couple of areas but there's no call whatsoever to be depressed. It's like agonizing over the look of the factory rims on your Porsche 911. :lol:

Awesome job. :bow:

3. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with M@'s assessment. You have made an incredible transformation and I think you you can take comfort in that. You have lost all of your BF and you've proved it can be accomplished by hard work and discipline. Now it's time to set some new fitness goals and with the same hard work and dedication you'll be able to pack on some muscle.

4. anfeyd

anfeyd Active Member

10-15%.

Regardless, I don't think you have that much further to go to reach your goals. Keep lifting and training with a sound diet and you'll be fine.

5. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

Don't Let the Loose Fat

Get you down.

I lost 130 lbs and have a ton of loose skin on the abdomen.

I am proud of what I have accomplished and love playing with the loose skin.

:)

6. Rabid

Rabid Active Member

Allow me to share two words with you...

HOLY CRAP!! :eek: :bow:

I looked at your SGX picture journal and the change in two and a half months is incredible. I was on the fence about doing SGX at some point, but I think next spring, I'll be jumping on that train! Keep up the hard work. You're looking great!

7. Red23

Red23 Active Member

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. I bet what's left is mostly loose skin since your abs are very visable. It might take a few months or so, but I bet most of that skin tightens up for you. Hell, even at my age it did so you shouldn't have any problems except it needs a little time.

What's your long term goal now that you made the big transformation?

Again, great work.

8. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Looking very good there, son. I think because of your age, your skin will tighen up nicely as you continue to train and lift weights. Drinking skim milk will probably help. Don't be afraid to up the calories a little and lift heavy. You've made a very amazing transformation and a year from now I would bet that you will look even better. Way to go!

9. KineticPoet

KineticPoet Active Member

Longterm goal is just to get very defined. I don't want to put on a lot of mass at the current time. I am wanting to go for a gymnast, movie star, rock climber, athletic type of build. I imagine around 150-155 and 8%BF is what I will shoot for. I hope the skin does tighten though, it annoys me to some degree.

10. jptaylor2

jptaylor2 Active Member

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=36133

carguy is right about the skim milk. i was in almost the exact same boat as you. i was 10 years older than you when i did mine. i was paranoid about the loose skin. realize this about the milk though, it will put on a layer of mucous under your skin that will hurt your definition for the time being. i would prolly drink 3 or 4 glasses of skim milk per day for a couple or three months and check out the results. at the conclusion STOP drinking the milk and cut like hell. the milk will tighten you up first then stopping the milk will purge the mucous and you can get ripped. mattback had some results similar to mine.

this is what i was like after my weightloss with milk, then a 6 week milk free cut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TheTransition

TheTransition Active Member

WHAT THE?!?!?!? DUDE I SAW UR BEFORE AND AFTER and than i saw ur sgx transformation...WHAT THE? HOW THE? DAAAMNNNN even your flap is disintergrating now...that is some mind destructive transformation you got here

12. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

KP ~ You have convinced me to start saving up for the SGX thing. Simply amazing. Remember, you're your own worst critic, cuz everyone here thinks you look fantastic!

13. Boot

Boot Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say i'm simply awe-struck by your transformation. That's absolutely incredible, you look like a completely different person.

14. leandom

leandom Active Member

Great job, simply amazing