1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Best supplements for my routine and health condition

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Lauren, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lauren

Lauren Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on the best supplements (vitamins, minerals and their percentages) to reach my goals and deal with my main issue DOMS.

I am currently on the beginning stages of being overweight for the first time in my life at the age of 30. I worked out on and off during my 20s and maintained a healthy weight and fitness level for most of the time. I suffer from tachycardia and on prescribed medication from a certified cardiologist to manage this condition.

My current routine has three main goals: to lose fat and gain strength/endurance and improve my cardiovascular condition/lower my resting heart beat.

My routine is:
    1) High intensity cardio for 15 minutes twice per week (1 minute high jogging, 2 minutes low jogging for 5-6 sets).
    2) Weight training twice per week for full body for 30-40 minutes.
    3) Improve my eating habits to the best of my ability by eating clean food and cut down the junk food.

My plan is to lose 28lbs and gain strength and endurance while lowering my resting heart rate below 70bpm within one year. I have some humble knowledge with healthy eating and training, self-motivated and confident in my ability to achieve my goal and move to the next level in my fitness condition.

Thanks and Regards,

#1 Lauren, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Hi Lauren, I am sorry to hear of your condition. Is it exercised induced? Do you have doctor's clearance to exercise? What medication are you on, and is it a beta blocker? In any event, I would seek the advice of your physician when it comes to exercise, duration, type, and recovery. Normally, an individual who has tachycardia can weight train and do cardio as long as it's gradual in nature regarding intensity levels. And nutrition will also be very important. I'd seek out a sports medicine doctor familiar with tachycardia and adhere to there recommendations. Otherwise, if you have clearance from your physician to exercise, I'd ask what you should do. Unfortunately, most doctors do not have a clue when it comes to exercise and nutrition. This is why I recommend seeking out a sports doctor familiar with this medical condition. Good luck to you...

3. Lauren

Lauren Well-Known Member

No, it is not exercise induced, it can be induce randomly, but has almost disappeared after treatment, exercise helped alot. I have a doctor clearance and recommendation to exercise normally. I don't use beta-blockers but a cardiotonic agent. The decision in terms of exercise duration, type and recovery is left to myself to judge.

#3 Lauren, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013