1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Being harassed at the gym.

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by AndiMAC, Feb 26, 2009.

1. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

I really wasn't sure where to put this so I am laying it down right here. Just to start off, I am raging mad :mad: right now and I don't need such stress in my life so hopefully unloading this here will help.

At my gym I work out with a group of 6 people on a daily basis. Two days a week we do spinning and the other days we do weight training. On the non spinning days some of them alternate working out with the guy who teaches spin. He doesn't "train" us but just pairs up with that particular person for the morning and the rest of us pair off as well. Even since before I became a part of the group there have been issues with him and the personal trainers of the gym. They have been against him saying he is training people on the side. Most of the time it get squelched until enough time passes til someone else's tail feathers get ruffled.

Today, it came to light how T got an email from his boss last night how someone came to the boss and told him that they went up to one of us and asked to train us and we said "no, I will just train with T for x amount of dollars" Funny enough, no one has come up to any of us and asked us anything. This person also accuses him of going and training people after spinning. Which is ludacris because we all leave after spinning class. It goes on....

Now I know there are great trainers out there but in the morning at my gym, the trainers that are there are the kind that tell you what to do while they stand and watch or take phone calls or whatever. What it boils down to is they (actually it's only one vicious beeyotch that making waves) are trying to either make T quit or somehow break us up. It's just so frustrating because if this witch would concentrate more on herself and learn how to effectively market herself to get clients, she might not have so much time on her hands to harass us.

Any idea of what we can do short of something unmentionable to help resolve the situation? What would you do?

2. Dumah

Dumah Active Member

I saw this thread and was immediately saddened - why do I never get harassed at the gym? Oh well, always a bridesmaid.

Anyway, has any disciplinary hit T yet? Is he an actual trainer or just a certified Spinning instructor? Because give people enough time, and they will find the rope with which to hang themselves, and I am referring to the gym's wicked witch. If she can't prove that side training is going on, then she's going to continue making her own stance more and more absurd.

Just stay objective, don't get bent out of shape and stick to facts.

3. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Heck, most of the time giving people like this attention is all they're looking for.

As long as T is straight with his boss, that is all that matters. The rest of them can take a flying leap.

4. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

Ok so basically what it boils down to is that they want us to pay 5.00 a week to the gym so we can keep our group together. And now anyone can join up because it's being touted as a boot camp kind of thing. My friend has to put it up on the schedule as a "class". So now I'll have to pay extra money just to work out with my friends. This is so BS.

5. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would say make your pair-ups outside of the gym, and workout in the pairs only. 3 sperate groups of 2 people doing different things aren't a class. Try to not make it look like a class or a teaching session. At this point, you should all have a good idea what you are doing, yeah? Even vary the times a little. If pair 1 comes in and starts at 6:00, and pair 2 comes in an starts at 6:10, and pair three at 6:15, well that's not a 6:00 class. And if you are working as paired-off teams, then no, other people can't just join you: you are there working with a friend.

If it cannot be categorized and pinned down as a class, it is not a class.

6. Azure

Azure Active Member

Throw a leg press machine at him.

That way you fix two things. Your problem, and the fact that the gym has a working leg press machine. :tu: