1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Beast mode never sleeps

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Whoracle, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Day 4
    day off, ended up busy with friends.
    Day 5
    workout
    squats 3x140x3, 3x160x3, 3x180x3, 2x75x20
    lying leg curls 3x125x6

Diet not so good over the weekend. Will be good during the week at least.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    When does the new job start?

3. Whoracle

Already started last week. This is my first full week. Feels so good to be back to work.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :tucool:

5. Whoracle

Well I'm still alive. Just not used to working full time. I tried to go at night a couple hours after dinner, but that would mean I'd be up til about 1 am so that didn't last long. Going from unlimited free time for almost a year and a half to almost none has been a tough transition. Then there was my birthday 3 weeks ago, and then Thanksgiving. I got off track those two weeks and ballooned up to 242.

The good news is I'm still working and starting with last Monday I've hit the gym every day after work. It's my new routine and I like it. Also after I leave there is no traffic on the way home and when I do get home I'm done for the night. I don't have to motivate myself to go workout. This location isn't as nice as the one by my house, but it'll do.

I'll try to get back in the habbit of updating regularly. Currently on day 11. Yesterday was cardio. 1.82 miles on the treadmill. I'm having an issue lately where near the end my feet are falling asleep. Guess it's time for new running shoes. Diet during the week is around 2000 calories. I still need to eat better on the weekends. Weigh in tomorrow, but last week was 240.6

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You may be lacing your running shoes too tightly.

7. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome back :wave:

Good to see you found a way to balance work and getting to the gym.

How is the job going?

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Way to go, Who!

9. Whoracle

The job is going okay. Been kinda slow lately which makes me nervous. I was hired on a 60 day probationary period I won't feel at ease until I make it through that with the job. Everything should be fine, I do everything they tell me to do, ask for more, and show up on time every day. I just worry a lot and that damn temp job that let me go after 7 days has me constantly fearing the worse. I should be fine though. The fear is often greater than the danger itself.

Day 12
    Bench 3x145x3, 2x155x3, 2x165x3
    Rows 3x70x3, 2x80x3, 2x95x3
    assisted dips 120 pounds assist 4x10

Diet was about 2200 calories

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Nice bench.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

11. Iowa

Iowa Member

Who! We're in the same exact boat, lol. Except I always LOSE weight. When I'm not lifting I am a very skinny dude.

So looks like our motivation patterns are on the same cycle--I'll keep checking in here!

How is your diet when you are not working out? Maybe I could help you, seeing as I am always losing weight when I'm not in the gym.

12. Whoracle

Got off track again. Well the holidays came, and I got sick last week. But I'm all out of excuses now. The job is going well, got past the 60 day probationary period thing and I'm still here so I don't have that stressing me out anymore. It's way better to hit the gym after work so I don't hit traffic. Yesterday was supposed to be my New Years re-launch, but I had a bad case of the Mondays and forgot my gym gear and to take anything out for dinner. Still had a light workout in my work clothes though.

I get busy now so I think I need to update this in the morning so it's out of the way.

Day 1 (yesterday)
    Not the greatest for reasons stated above. I need to eat better. Pure and simple. Still trying to figure out what I can for dinner that isn't too many calories, and won't have me wanting to eat again before bed. Or I need a light calorie snack. People recommend popcorn and yogurt. Maybe I need to try that out.

13. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Just spread it out over a couple small meals.

I know its not perfect/organic/whateverthehell.....but I will eat a couple of these for dinner:
    http://www.eatyourbest.com/

They are called "Smart Ones".....like 20 different choices at Walmart/Target etc...
    They are 200-250 cals each and are loaded with protein and taste great.

I will eat one at 6:30 and another at 8:00 and then have a nut snack or sugar free pudding as a before bed treat....
    When I am on the road, its a great solution so that I dont need pots/pans etc....and of course dont have to do dishes...

Try breaking it into two meals and spreading it out....works for me.
    And when I am especially ravenous, I will eat a can of green beans....a whole can is like 50 cals or something....

At night....try to avoid sugar...otherwise you will wake up uber-hungry...
    Have a teasoon of peanut butter....or some peanuts....or something else fat/protein based...trust me on this one.

#193 digitalnebula, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  14. Whoracle

Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking I just need to maybe try some breakfast for dinner. I can get eggs and a couple strips of bacon and be under 600 calories...

15. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

I have this almost every morning for breakfast....:nod:

Eggs, cheese, bacon....:drool:

16. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Glad to read that the new job is going well.

Kudos to you for going to work out even though you forgot you'd clothes. :tu:

Can you rent a locker at your gym to keep work out clothes in? Most gyms do not do that anymore. Working out in office clothes would not be fun, even for a jeans type of office.

17. Whoracle

You can rent a locker but I'm not going to pay. I luck out in that I can wear a polo shirt to work so it's not the end of the world to workout in pants and a polo. Not great, but not really a big deal.

18. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Don't let anything hold you back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

19. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

I remember having this luxury once....:dreamy:
    World gym opened what they called an "executive club" in downtown Colorado Springs....You got a locker with your membership....I miss that place....:dreamy:

20. Whoracle

Looking good lefty in that pic keep it up.

Day 2
    workout
    ohp 3x85x5, 2x95x5, 2x110x4. The last two should have been 5. I hit it last time, I guess being sick messed me up
    DB shrugs 3x55x8
    assisted dips 3x120x10

Diet-about 2500 calories. Again still need clean up dinner a bit.