1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Beach Wedding Goal

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by sharger, Jan 25, 2004.

1. sharger

sharger Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm getting married in 6 months time in Barbados. I've never really
    been one for training, and unfortunately my body is now showing the
    effects! Not very muscular with a belly! I'm 33 years old, 5'10" and weigh 13 stone(182 lbs).

I'm going to start a training programme to involve some
    cardio vascular and weights. My question to you the experts is 6
    months enough time to transform my physique to enable me to take my
    shirt off and have a body to be proud of! I'm not looking to be
    Arnie..... Just Mr Average with a larger defined and toned physique,
    and most of all a FLAT STOMACH!!!!

What about taking supplements such as Creatine, Xenadrine RFA-1,
    Promax Extreme, mag-10 or combinations of all of them? Do they work?
    Would they be a quick fix.... and before anyone says it I know that it
    is not the right reason or strictly ethical start to a training
    programme, and no it is not because I am not fully focused or
    committed. I just want a kick start to enable my goals to be achieved
    before the big day.

many thanks

Steve

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Six months? If you work hard and commit yourself to a fitness program consisting of a sound diet, weight training and cardio exercise you can make a world of change in that time. Oh, and you can do it without any fat-burning supplements or anything like that.

Admittedly in July I was way too skinny and had far too much sun, but you don't have to make the same mistakes I did!

Here I am on Jan 6, 2003/July 6, 2003/This morning:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    • 182.jpg
      182.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
    • 385.jpg
      385.jpg
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Glamdring

Glamdring Well-Known Member

Hah, this is so great man. One of my best friend's is getting married in the Caribbean in a couple of months, and that was one of my major motivations for changing my workout a few months ago. The funny thing is, the groom is actually fretting just like you are, and he just started working out pretty seriously a few weeks ago.

You'll be fine though. Actually, you both have similar height/weight and I know you aren't 'overweight' or anything. If you want some help setting up a workout/cardio plan just ask and I'm sure we can get you set up with one of those.

Oh, and congratz. :)

4. sharger

sharger Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies guys. John my chin still hits the floor everytime I see your photos, major respect due.

I have bought a book by James Orvis - Weight Training Workouts That Work. Any opinions?

As for diet, I've got a good idea what and what not to eat, but are there any good sites or publications that you would recommend that give a comprehensive weekly meal plan. I live in England so some of the advise I have seen on this site is a little hard to understand, eg. oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast? Silly as it might sound, what is it and how do you cook it?

thanks for listening

Steve

5. fujo

fujo Well-Known Member

Steve, Oatmeal is the same as Rolled Oats. I assume that our name for them is just different.

6. Naytch

Naytch Well-Known Member

Good luck in reaching your goals! :tucool: If you keep working at your routine, six months will be an adequate amount of time to produce visible results you can be proud of! :flex:

7. haven97

haven97 Well-Known Member

<What about taking supplements such as Creatine, Xenadrine RFA-1,>
    <Promax Extreme, mag-10 or combinations of all of them? Do they work?>

I would start natural since you have never really worked out before. If you eat right, take whey protein, and workout you should look good in about three months. If at the three month point you still are not satisfied then maybe a weight loss pill will work for you.

Mag-10 is a prohormone - 4-androstene-3, 17 -diethylcarbonate, 1 androstene-3-one-17-ethylcarbonate. You don't want to mess with this stuff as a beginner. You may even gain weight on it because it is used for gaining mass which means you should technically eat more cal's while taking it.

Creatine would be a good alt for a beginner over taking a prohormone.

Good luck!

8. map200uk

map200uk Well-Known Member

hey,

i wouldnt recommend any supplements other than whey and casein

casein for before you go to bed as its a long lasting protein

The other stuff is not needed for your goals

good luck

mark

9. hwahll

hwahll Well-Known Member

max ot

Hi, and congratulatin on this amasig site.

When did you start to follow the Max-OT program? or did you at all? I am 185 cm and 85 kg. and will start the max ot program now. As I can see on your pictures, you lost a lot of fat the first months. :tucool: and got very skinny, and after ca 6 month, you started to gain weight again. Is that correct? Since I`m 185cm/85kg, i dont think i have to do a fat-loss program first, but just start with the max ot, because I believe that my fat will automaticly fade away as i do my max ot program Do you agree? I understand that i cant do both at the same time, but since I don`t think I`m overweight I think I`ll just do that. What do you experts say?

Tanks for answering.

PS. You`re on everybodys lips in Norway now, after the article in VG, last Saturday.
    Good luck.

10. zamboni

zamboni Well-Known Member

Mag 10

Yeah, someone said this before, but mag-10 is a pro hormone. Definately not something to mess around with, especially if you're a beginner, ESPECIALLY if you don't know the potential side effects.

People training with pro hormones and steroids are training at a totally different level then most people here. A normal person should not/could not eat or train at that level.

Work on what you eat first. Notice I did NOT say go on a diet. Then work on training.

At this point, the only supplement I would recommend is whey protein

11. CattleProd

CattleProd Well-Known Member

Everyone is on a diet and in shape... unfortunately some peoples' consists of McDonald's, and their shape is round :D

-CP