1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

BCAA + CLA + Vitamin or None

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by foolsfortune, Mar 27, 2012.

1. foolsfortune

foolsfortune Active Member

Having been away from the gym for a few months, I recently went and tried a different local gym for a week and just tonight tried another new one just to see what each had to offer.

Before I left the last gym, I realized why my progress was less than desirable. I simply didn't push myself hard enough!

I ate a good, clean diet with help from Aram (Mastover) and I did get stronger and trim down a few pounds.

Now I'm looking to carry on and push harder but I always (even back a couple months ago when I was on the "program") feel so weak in the gym. Feels like muscles get tired too soon.

I do plan to post new pics, new meal plan and new goals but I have always wondered about supplements but never asked. My goal is to never take on something that I don't want o do for the rest of my life which is why I won't do fad diets.

I do take protein and the only other things I have taken were:

Multibionta (Multivitamin)
    CLA
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin C

I've had others suggest I take BCAA and glutamine so I wonder....

Should I bother with ANY of that stuff? Can I not get everything I need from food. I'm not looking for a magic pill and I'm hoping a nice clean nutrition plan, hard work in the gym and a good nights sleep will be enough.

I'm 5'-10", 172lbs, 38 (April 14th) and I'm not sure what my body fat is right now but I'll get it measured in the next few days.

As always, I appreciate your guidance and feedback.

Mike

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

If you satisfy your protein requirements by the end of the day, you don't need the bcaa or glutamine. If you do use the bcaa's, count every gram you take in as 1 gram of protein if the l-leucine/l-valine/l-isoleucine ratio is 2:1:1

The only things I would suggest are fish oil, creatine monohydrate, a good multi, and possibly 3 grams d-aspartic acid.