1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Backstory and some questions...

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Mudfly, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Mudfly

Mudfly Well-Known Member

Ok, I have a few questions regarding my workout schedule and the Max OT.....but first, let me give you some background.

2 years ago I quit smoking and decided to start lifting. I only wieghd approx. 120 lbs and am only 5'9" tall. I did alot of researh on bulking, diet etc and in Feb of 2002 I started...

I lifted reguarly for 8 months. I always did 4 sets (12,10,8,6 reps) and worked out 4 days a week.

Mon..............Legs\biceps
    Tues.............Chest\triceps
    Wed.............Off
    Thur.............Back
    Fri................Shoulders
    Sat\Sun........Off

In eight months I went from 120 lbs to 150 lbs. My Bodyfat% was 9% when I started and was at 12% when I finished. My strength gaines were great and I defintely bulked up, (I was eating around 3000 calories a day).....BUT...I also obtained a thin layer of fat over my abs. (Not enough for a pooch, but enough for my abs not to show.)

Anyway...due to other distractions I quit lifting after the eight months and havnt started back since....until I found information at this site.

I am currently weighing in at around 140 lbs, but I've lost alot of my previous strength.

Now...the present.
    This week I started back to lifting with the Max OT program., Thus...my questions:

I am using the same split In listed above because it keeps my workouts under 45 minutes but I have conerns:

Even though this split only works out muscles "directly" once a week, it works some "indirectly" twice a week.
    For instance, I work biceps directly on Mon, but they get worked again heavily on Thursday, back day. Is this too much for them?
    Should i go to a 3 day a week split and combine biceps with back and shoulders with chest?
    If I do this it will push my workout time to an hour at least.

More questions to come...

Thanks
    Mudfly

2. d!abolic

d!abolic Well-Known Member

If you're gonna do this, do it right. Get started on the 6-month program and use the 5-day split provided. The workouts given there are 45 minutes, just the way you like them. And you're not gonna have any problems because they were designed by someone who knew what he was doing.