1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Autumngirl Journey

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by autumngirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Change in Plan

Week 18 (Phase II – Week 3)

Friday 29/07/2016 30 minute medium paced walk at 5 kph on treadmill

Saturday 30/07/2016 30 minute medium paced walk at 5 kph on treadmill
    Shoulder & Chest workouts (2x15) @ 10 kgs

My weight last week: 60.8 kgs
    My weight this week: 59.9 kgs

Week 19 will start today Sunday 31/07/2016

#361 autumngirl, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Week 19 (Phase II – Week 4)

Friday 05/08/2016 30 minute medium paced walk at 5 kph on treadmill

Saturday 06/08/2016 20 minutes of kick boxing (arms only)

3. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Six Months Later

• I am back after six (6) months of absolutely nothing: No exercise and uncontrolled eating habits.
    • In the past, I was able to go down to 59.9 kg (last June/July 2016) however as I experienced some stressful events around the time of my last post, I have relapse completely, the weight started to come back, and I have reached up to 76 kg.
    • I have tried in the past two months to control my eating habits with huge difficulty; my weight moved from 76 kg to around 70 kg.
    • However; when I wanted to exercises regularly, I found myself unable to due to "high stress" and "health issues".
    • I decided to start comfortably "fresh" dealing with the health issues in past three months but it never reduce my high stress.
    • I decided to revisit my healthy life style and made life changes that has somehow controlled stress.
    • I still believe from my journey last year that the main contributor to my "extra weight" and "exercise hatred" is stress.
    • When your body constantly release "cortisol" as a stress hormone, your body rarely recover as fast as it should. Exercise itself produce stress hormones, so I found that a-30-minutes slow walk on the treadmill, not a relaxing event but a stressful event that I am unable to recover from physically.
    • Since last week, I decided to start working on any health related issues before I am back on my exercise routine and controlled eating habits.
    Note: The objective of my journal remains the same: to maintain as healthy as possible life style. So I do not necessarily kill myself to lose weight, I found myself eaten by stress that both my mind and body suffered great deal from. It is time to solve these issues one by one until I am back on track with healthy eating and regular exercise. I will not write much on my journal until I am able to control stress and go back on track. If not, I do not see the point of maintaining the journal to began with.

4. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I agree that stress is a main factor in health. Studies show that stress is a main factor in decreasing life expectancy.

I have found that meditation and yoga have really helped me reduce my stress.

5. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Unfortunately, I am still unable to control stress. I tend to be a worrier in nature (GAD) so I think I have to hang on and see how things work with rest, rest, rest.

In the past, I used to get the flu few times per year however as time passed by, I have learned that one has to depend on their body own power to heal.

At least from my last year experience, I was able to recognize that my weight loss was contributed mainly to resting and treating my anxiety/depression.