1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Autumngirl Journey

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by autumngirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Shamie

Shamie Well-Known Member

Sometime I use sugar free jello when I have those late night food cravings. Some people are against sugar substitutes, but I skip them in coffee and I don't drink diet soda, so I can have them in the sugar free jello.

2. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

10th Day (modified-additional)

[​IMG]

11th and 12th Day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Thanks - I try to be careful and rest well. I had few incidents of what one might describe almost rage. I hate to see myself going through feeling more stressed out after coming back from the gym or complete my eating plan. To me, it is always a sure sign to try to take few steps back and observe myself before moving forward. It is after all a journey to learn more about one's self.

#323 autumngirl, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  4. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

13th Day (Off)

[​IMG]

14th Day (Leisure time)

[​IMG]

• 30 minutes in the hot tub

15th Day (Kick boxing @ home, Cardio (attempting HIIT), Weight Training)

[​IMG]

• Kickboxing at home for 20 minutes (arms only)
    • Cardio attempt for HIIT 18 minutes, 5 sets of 2:30-1:30 (fast, rest).
    • Weight Training (Delot, Trapz)
    • 15 minutes of 4 exercises, 2x15: machine chest press (15kg), machine shoulder press (15 kgs), machine cable pulls for upper and middle trapz (15kgs, 30 kgs).
    Observations:

1. I think my shoulders are not that strong, and require a little more focus, in past my chests were less stronger than shoulders.
    2. I also do not think that my weight training workouts are as focused and intense like they were in past because my goal has changed toward attempting HIIT (I will miss that but time to shift goals).

5. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

16th

[​IMG]

I decided to have a cheat meal of pizza, a little more than my caloric daily intake.

6. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

After two weeks:

This graph shows the caloric deficiency from my baseline metabolic intake.
    My actual BMR is 1419.1 calories per day
    My plan intake is 1400 calories per day
    From the graph, I am one-day below my BMR in one day above my BMR day after.
    I will not jump on the scale until few months from now because my focus shall remain to improve my cardiovascular system, while track of my calories to decrease my weight definitely.
    My exercise is between 120-150 minutes per week (to the best of my ability to keep it at the medium to high intensity of treadmill, weight training and aerobic kick boxing @ home and once per week 60 minutes class)

[​IMG]7
    Thanks for listening,
    As always, feedback is nice.

#326 autumngirl, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

What is aerobic kick boxing? Be sure to get your heart rate up high enough to be considered aerobic. BTW nice graph.

8. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

Kicking and punching drills and sets them to music to create a fast-paced, high-intensity class that scorches calories and builds cardiovascular fitness for an hour, they say it burn more than 500+ calories per hour but it will definitely make you grasp for air multiple times during the hour depends on your weight, strength, speed, etc while at the class.
    However @ home, I have a punch bag and only focus on arms punches for 20 minutes. I like the class better, it keeps my motivation up!

#328 autumngirl, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  9. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

17th

[​IMG]

Aerobic kick boxing class for 1 hour.

I have an ear blockage from a mild cold so I try to take it easy until it resolve using the solution or possibly an ear clean but no compromise of my eating plan or workout schedule.

#329 autumngirl, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Looks like a decent workout. Try to get it up to 65-80% MHR.

11. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

My maximum heart rate is 188. My target heart rate is between 122-150.4. In most of my workouts, my heart rate is in this range and goes even above the 80%.

My current issue w/ HIIT workout in treadmill. My workout goes as per the routine: 2:30 as fast as I can, 1:30 of a slower comfortable pace. I have found some guidelines and decided to adopt them, like only train at the VO2 zone (95-98% for 4-8% of total mileage and only once per week). Who could go more than once or twice a week? I find myself sore for three days from the lactic acid release from the HIIT workouts when I am able to maintain the 4-8% of total mileage at the 96% MHR.

In my first week, I performed 3 sets of the 2:30-1:30 then my heart rate would be 96% of MHR for short period of time.
    In my second week, I performed 4 sets of the 2:30-1:30 then my heart rate would be 96% of MHR for a short period time.
    In my third attempt, I performed 5 sets of the 2:30-1:30 then my heart rate would be 96% of MHR in the last set only for only short distance (my total mileage was around 1.5km, my above 96% is only for 120m around 8% of my mileage).
    It appears I do progress to prepare myself to start HIIT but as always anyone who has experience with HIIT can share their feedback. I know I am very careful and take this day of HIIT very seriously to avoid any harm. In my previous attempt last year, I was only able to maintain 5 sets. Who knows? Maybe I will reach the 8 sets to perform a real HIIT session or I never will, it is left to my body.
    I do not have an issue of being overweight (never did), I do have more muscles in my frame now than in my older days, and considered myself fit although not sure how it would be measured for sure, I think I am ready for HIIT though, definitely. Until then, I shall stick to use my glucosamine sulphate and MSM.

#331 autumngirl, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  12. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

18th

[​IMG]

Workout:

• 20 minutes kick boxing at home, arms only.
    • 30 minutes of weight training
    • Abductors (inner and outer) 3x12,10,8 (using 15 kg)
    • Hamstring 3x12,10,8 (using 5 kg)
    • Quads 3x12,10,8 (using 5 kg)
    • Dumbbell Squats 3x12,10,8 (using 6kg, total 12 kg)
    • Abs crunches 3x12,10,8
    • Superman pose 3x 20 seconds pose.
    • Stretching for legs mainly for flexibility
    • 10 minutes of swimming
    • 10 minutes in jacuzzi
    I do think I should drink more water to flush out excess sodium. I do feel though better after my ear blockage was resolved by cleaning at the ENT consultant's office.

The main benefit from monitor of my caloric intake is to apply few rules I learned about control charts of a process (and weight loss or gain is indeed a process). I know I don't want 7 points above or below my BMR, because it will probably affect my metabolism negatively or it will make me gain fat due to exceed of limit.
    I want a stable process, not deprive yourself, then catch up, this approach mess up exercise. I usually follow a small rule of go nearby or above my BMR of 1400 calories on an exercise day, but stay below within 1100-1300 calories per day to burn fat.

#332 autumngirl, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  13. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

19th

[​IMG]

I'm still sore from legs day yesterday - I hope it gets better by tomorrow!

14. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

15. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

21st

I will not log my food intake today.

16. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

22nd:

[​IMG]

Workout:
    21 minutes of treadmill (5 sets of 2:30 as fast as I can @ 6.9: 1:30 comfortable pace @ 4).
    15 minutes of chest 2x15 @ 15kg, shoulder 2x15 @ 15kg and lat exercises 2x15 @ 25kg.

#336 autumngirl, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  17. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

I been sick since Wednesday 21/10/2015 and only found myself getting a bit better today due to an ear blockage, throat infection, fever, inner ear/vertigo. I am somehow trying to go back to my diet but I still cannot consume food due to nausea. You can say it was hell due to the dizziness/vertigo because I had little chocolate and soup and juices to survive this. I could not consume anything else but I also had to endure colleges tests while at it. I think I will stop logging until the vertigo is gone for good.

#337 autumngirl, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Hope you feel better soon. Vertigo would stop anyone. Hard yo do anything when the room is spinning.

Regarding your HIIT, i find that a 2 to 1 rest to work interval is the most I can do, i.e. 1 min sprint and 2 min recovery, If I go more than that, my heart rate doesnt drop down to the recovery range. What I really do is run 1/4 mile at my fastest, then 1/4 mile at a 10 to 11 min/mile pace. Works out to be a little less than 90 second sprint and a 3 min recovery.

19. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

True - it takes time for the inner ear to re-balance itself, so even when the vertigo goes away the coordination is still sensitive.

I used to do "2:1 rest:sprint" but I found I could handle the 2:1 sprint:rest but it is still hard to judge since I need to maintain long enough.

20. autumngirl

autumngirl Active Member

OK ... I have been away because I got really sicker and a lot of things happened in real life but nevertheless I maintained my 30 minutes, 2.5-3 km 2-3 times per week (I have taken two months off exercise). I am gonna come back to log once every two weeks of my exercise routine only since I do not monitor or track my food intake anymore but try my best to eat healthy, clean and "less" than usual. My weight has dropped to 64kg but I am still far away from my goal.

In regards to my cardio workout, I am moving into a new approach since I was never able to maintain my proposed cardio workout (2:1 run-as-fast-as-I-can: comfortable pace). I will try to maintain a stead pace of 5-5.5 kph for 30 minutes, 2.5 km per workout session. I do find this is pretty intense for me so far, I am still not sure how people "move ahead" gradually to increase their cardio workouts.

Wishing you all a pleasant fruitful year (2016).

macdiver and John Stone like this.