1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

ASSEMBLY TIME? : Parabody rack w/lat & FID bench

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by MGB, Jan 14, 2005.

1. MGB

MGB Well-Known Member

Hi -- my new parabody rack with lat attachment and bench just arrived.
    Lotsa boxes. Wondered if anyone has assembled this exact setup and (1) what was the assembly time, and (2) any sticky issues, things to avoid doing, tips?

Thanks in advance.

I just moved to a new (to me) home and am excited about bulking and having the right equipment w/which to do it.

2. adamc

adamc Well-Known Member

I've disassembled and reassembled in a different place once.

It wasn't that difficult. It's easier with two people when you're slapping the big pieces together, but I managed on my own without too much trouble.

Ah, just remembered. When I bought it I had it assembled on delivery. So the guys who delivered it put the upper/lower pulley assembly together. When I moved it, I was able to move it as a single unit. You might have to put a lot more pieces together.

If I had to guess, the upper/lower pulley might be the only place where potential hassles lurk. Attaching it and assembling the rest of the cage is pretty simple.

Hope that helps!

3. bowulf

bowulf Well-Known Member

The Parabody rack was pretty simple to put together. My wife and I had it together in less than an hour. My FID bench was a bit longer more than an hour (more like an hour and half). Overall, if I can do it, anyone could do it.

4. hobowitharolex

hobowitharolex Well-Known Member

prob about 45 min for the rack and another 45 for the lat attachment

i dont have the fid bench, so i cant say for that

5. longcat

longcat Well-Known Member

I just assembled mine last night. Only prob I had was on the lat attachment. The pic in the instructions for the lat pully showed the incorrect cable until I got to the final steps. Had to take the lat cable out and switch it with the low row cable. Read the instructions through on that one as yours might be different. Overall the cage, lat, and bench took me about three hrs to assemble by myself.

Jon