1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Armpit Fat!

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by curvature, Apr 24, 2007.

1. curvature

curvature Well-Known Member

My body has the unfortunate tendency to store fat in the armpit area. Not underneath the arm itself, but in the front chest area near the armpit. This makes me really self-conscious and wearing a tanktop nearly impossible.

I understand that, above all, I simply need to lose fat in order to eliminate the problem. What I'd like to know is what strength training exercises I can do to improve the muscle tone in the area. I've really been working the chest - does anyone else have other ideas?

I'm posting a picture to help (not sure if my description of the area is good enough :eek: ). I know you love my use of the arrow.

Attached Files:

2. sumisan

sumisan Active Member

Well this is not a fitness answer but could your bra be digging in a little? I read somewhere that most women don't wear the right size bra recently so it popped in to my mind (in fact I found out I am wearing a cup to big which I was outraged at LOL). Its not a fix, but it might help you get into a tank top without being as conscious of it, which your probably the only one who really notices LOL

3. H177

H177 Active Member

this is something i used to have a problem with, too... so you are not as weird as you thought you were... unless we are both weird?!:eek:

Anyway, as i was saying. I used to have 'arm pit fat'. The solution for me was just to lower my bf%... when i did this, my pocket of fat went bye bye.

excuse my humor... i am very tired and feeling rather silly.

i hope this helps in some way!!

#3 H177, Apr 25, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

***WARNING, TYPICAL MALE RESPONSE***

Fat eh?:confused:
    hmm... I always just thought that was extra boob:D

But seriously you women need to stop being so damn self conscience. I looked at your journal and you have made amazing progress, you look gorgeous and that little bit of extra boob doesn't detract from that at all.

Chris.

5. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

"Improving the muscle tone" really just means stripping the fat away. You can build the muscle size all you want, but if there's still fat above it, it'll still look like it does in the picture. So if you want to get rid of the "armpit fat", you need to lose fat overall, like you said. :)

6. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

:spank:

You guys don't like it when women talk about you moobs, so I'd be careful if I were you. ;) :lol:

Anyhow, I'll second or third what everybody has said. While upper body exercises help, you really can't do much other than lower your body fat %.

7. Tweak

Tweak Active Member

exercises that come to mind for that area are:

Inclined Dumbell Fly's
    Inclined bench presses (wide grip)

8. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Aren't women supposed to have boobs though? :tucool:

Chris

9. curvature

curvature Well-Known Member

Thanks to you all for the responses. And of course, you're all right - I just need to buck up and lose the fat. I'll give the suggested exercises a shot.

(extra boob - haha :spank:)

10. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Certainly body fat ratio plays a part but their will also be a need to ‘muscle up’ as it were, in that area……….a fork with two prongs. Incline dumbbell flies and presses will help as will alternating incline bicep curls, and decline dumbbell flies. It does happen, it just takes time. Good luck.:tu:

11. Alana Calloway

Alana Calloway Active Member

I know alot of my family members who have Armpit fat! But I don't have Armpt fat because if you workout more you won't suffer from this problem not saying that you don't exercise but you need to work your arms more than you won't have armpit fat I hope my advice is helpful to you

12. jennifer123

jennifer123 Well-Known Member

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED PUSH UPS!!! These have done miracles to my arms and shoulders. Girl or boy push ups, U WILL SEE RESULTS!!!!

13. quazysonar

quazysonar Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that i have this problem too and that you have already heard all the potential solutions for getting rid of it - i am working on it too. But i did want to suggest something to maybe ease your insecurities about how it looks. Most sports bras seemed to be made so that they pull that area in. I tend to wear tank tops with a sports bra so that the fat there is hardly visable. And it gives you that "sporty hot" look :-)

But soon enough hopefully we'll both not have to worry anymore!