1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Arghhhhhh!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Super Fink, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Super Fink

Super Fink Well-Known Member

Ok - so I purchase a ton of new stuff for my home gym, some new cardio equipment and I am ready go. Big plan to start a full out cutting cycle tomorrow...well aside from eating clean, that may have to wait. :mad:

I come home from work friday to a bitter cold house - I call the gas company they come out and tell us (I live with 3 other people) that out chimney is clogged and boiler vent is clogged and that if the furnaces safety feature had failed we could have all died from carbon monoxide...GREAT! :mad: So we call the landlord and mr. dead beat trucks on over and takes a look and says that the chimney is clogged and he will have it cleaned first thing sat morning. I ask him about the boiler vent and he goes that doesn't sound right. He comes by sat, cleans the chimney but doesnt do anything with the vent...so I ask him before I get the gas co back over and he goes... oh the vent is fine...they come back over - no dice...gas is turned off with its second red tag. I call him bitching and he goes I will have someone take care of it tuesday morning...meanwhile it has hit BELOW FREEZING INSIDE MY HOUSE! I left a drink on the table and it got colder than it was in the fridge! So now I am calling any emergency plumbing and heating co to come out, I dont care the cost because I am just chraging it right to the landlord. I'm very tempted to lift and run tomorrow but I really am affraid of tearing or hurting something since its so cold...

Sorry just thought I would vent!!!

argggghhhh.

2. Ranger17

Ranger17 Well-Known Member

everything happens for a reason...maybe you would have torn a muscle .....maybe your land lord is a tool, and he sux
    :confused:
    J

3. Naytch

Naytch Well-Known Member

I know that it is a little lat now but there are housing laws to make landlords like yours do their part. Almost all of those laws are geared toward helping the tenant. I had a slumlord in college that took weeks to fix everything but had a fit if rent wasn't in his hand by noon on rent day. He changed his tone after a few visits from the Housing Authority and some letters from a lawyer friend of mine. Don't take any crap from your landlord! You've got the upper hand right now.

4. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Hey, look on the bright side, being cold signifigantly increases your metabolism. :nod:

We've got the opposite here its 105 degress or 41 degrees celcius. Thank god for air conditioning. :tucool:

Marcus