1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone up for a new AM fasted cardio challenge?

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Justitia, May 28, 2005.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

My overall plan includes 45 minutes of fasted cardio in the 65%-75% MHR range.

My biggest problem is not getting myself to do it. I do it when work and stuff like that don't interfere.

My real problem is getting out the door in the AM. I have a completely unstructured work life. And procrastination is easy for me. And I am really slow at waking up in the AM-- I am not one of those bounce out of bed people.

So for example today I have been ready to go to the gym since 9:00 Am and it is now 11:00 AM. This totally messes up the rest of my day.

So I thought if anyone wanted to join me and report in the AM when you succeed that would be great to have company. I will report not only if I went but if I went early without procrastinating. :cool: :cool:

So now I will really go to the gym...

2. goddezz

goddezz Well-Known Member

Justitia, this is exactly my problem. I would be interested in this challenge, although I only do cardio mon, tues, thurs & fri...would that be ok?

-jess

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yes, Goddezz, that is fine! Welcome--I appreciate the company.

It is 9:20 AM SUnday May 29th. I have been up 1 hour 20 minutes and i have not gone yet. My gym only opened at 8:00 for Sunday.

So here I go! (I hope... :o )

Edit: Well I didn't leave for another hour but I did go. I am really tired. I had almost no energy to do the workout. I wonder what is up. It has been 5 days since I returned form Europe and I should be over the jetlag now.

#3 Justitia, May 29, 2005
    Last edited: May 29, 2005
  4. PhillyGirl

PhillyGirl Well-Known Member

Justitia,
    I know exactly what you mean about not being a early morning riser. I've set my alarm to get up early for two weeks now to work out in the morning. I've turned off the alarm, clicked on the tv and then got up my regular time to get ready for my day. How sad! I started a challenge about working out in my target heart range, but I would like to join your challenge. I sense that this would be good motivation.

5. jpo

jpo Well-Known Member

I would like to join as well.
    During the week I manage somehow to get out of bed and do it, but on weekends I am a total mess and end up lounging around and procrasinating.

6. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

This so great, Everybody!

I am so glad I am not alone with these issues.

Welcome everyone who wants to join, at any point.

My purpose is to report here every day, whther I make it or not. If I don't, just state so. Tomorrow is another day!

My intentions are to sign on, get dressed to go, take my morning supps, state I am going---then hopefully go right then and not "find something else to do first" (which is my pattern).

Then come back afterwards, eat my breakfast, shower and then sign on saying I did this --without procrastination at any step. If I did procrastinate at some point --to state so.

So there is my commitment for my challenge. :cool:

But to start this off right, I am not going today, Monday, b/c it is Memorial day and my gym is closed. :D Of course I could go to my building's treadmill :rolleyes: -- but it is pretty pathetic and I've decided to take one day off a week , which normally would be Sunday.

But I went yesterday -- 4 days in a row! :tu: so I will take off today.

Welcome everyone who wants to join at any point...

7. Savyart

Savyart Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm part of the P&P challenge, BUT I am adding a new component of cardio to my plan - so I could join this one too - would that be ok with you? I'm starting today, actually - 6-7 days a week of it.

3 days 40-50 min LISS
    3 Days 20-40 min LISS (weight training days)
    1 day 2 mile walk outside with my dog or LISS

It would be helpful to have a reason individually to get it done aside from P&P. :nod:

I'm off to do mine for today now, actually.

8. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Oh Yeah, Definitely Savyart!

Absolutely, it is great to have you join. I wanted to join your P&P when I got back from Europe a couple of days ago--but I realized you guys were already half way through and I am needing a few days to get my routine back in order.

But it would be great to have you join!

Look forward to "hearing" your post when you get back from today's workout :tu:

9. Savyart

LOL ok! I did it, 40 minutes of LISS (3.5 MPH @ 10% incline) I was going to go to 50 minutes, but I accidentally unplugged my dvd player, and it was going to take too long to re-set up again. :rolleyes: But either way, that was good! I love how I don't feel "fried" after LISS. And once the movie got really good, I felt like I had only been at it for 15 minutes! yay! hehe

10. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

WTG :jumping: Congrats :claplow:

I love 45 minutes of Liss too, though I miss 45 minutes of High Intensity (not HIIT) . I feel a great high after that. But I am sticking to LISS for now. :tu:

11. jpo

jpo Well-Known Member

Ok, I did my 55 minute run this morning. Walk up at 7:30 and was out of door by 8:15. The goal was to get out by 8:00 am, so I went over by 15 minutes, but it's ok, I have day off from work today, and I was still way ahead of where I usually am on a non-work day. Came back and cooked my lunch for the week (chicken leek soup, yum!) and am doing two loads of laundry. Feel pretty productive.
    I was kind of lethargic through the run, hams were pretty sore after yesterday's leg day, but that's to be expected. Am considering another cardio session later today. I want to drop under 20% sometime before my vacation in August (I estimate I am somewhere around 23% right now).

12. goddezz

Ok, I did my cardio today but it wasn't am and it wasn't fasted. sawwwyyy! It's my day off today and I slept in :D

13. PhillyGirl

I too have the day off and I did laundry. I'm on the third floor, laundry is in the basement and it's a walk-up (no elevator). I got the laundry done, but no straight thru exercise. Tomorrow the madness will begin. :tu:

14. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Great going everyone! It's progress to perfection and progress is what counts. It feels great to come clean, for me.

So I am up too late. 3rd night in a row. I have to pick up my car early in the Am so I have time to get down to DC for a meeting. I have no idea if I will get up even earlier so I can get my cardio in before, but my alarm is set :D

15. jennifer123

jennifer123 Well-Known Member

I am totally in. Neewbie is ready to rock!!! See ya'll tomorrow!!!! :gl:

16. goddezz

Well, I am up...I set my alarm for 4:30 and I kept hitting the snooze button ugh. I was awake past midnight :mad: Couldn't sleep!

It is almost 20 to 6:00 and I leave the house at 6:30 for work. I'm going to do a short HIIT in 5 minutes. I'll report when I get home from work.

Later y'all! Have a great day!

17. Savyart

Well, I made it up this morning at 5am and did my 25 min of LISS, gotten the kids breakfast (and a snack) and now I'm off to my weights!

Come on! Everyone check in! (I was up past midnight myself last night...I SOOOOOOOO need a nap right now)

18. PhillyGirl

Can't believe I'm up!

Well, at least the sun is up. I got up at 5:30 and it's now 6:07. I'm about to workout, stationary bike today for 35 min. I'll have to work on getting a move on before 6am. :)

Edit: DONE! 9.30 miles :tu:

#18 PhillyGirl, May 31, 2005
    Last edited: May 31, 2005
  19. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Monday, May 31, 2005
    On again too little sleep, I got up and made it to the gym by 7:30 AM. (my goal is to get to the gym by 7:00 AM. I just did 30 minutes of LISS (instead of 45 minutes) b/c I have to leave early to pick up my car and I was moving a little slow this morning. But I felt much stronger this morning, back to my old strength. Jet lag may be over. I feel pretty great. :)

#19 Justitia, May 31, 2005
    Last edited: May 31, 2005
  20. jpo

jpo Well-Known Member

Had a late night as well last night, so getting out of bed this morning was a challenge. Managed to get out of door for my 50 mins of LISS cardio by 7:05, which is somewhere around 20 mins behind schedule. Ended up being 30 mins late this morning to work. Will try to get to bed by 10:30, 11 at the latest tonight. Really need my sleep. And I need to get to the point where I just jump out of bed the first time alarm goes off.
    Hams are still sore from saturday's work out, so I felt 'slow' and tired running.