1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Read Tom Venuto's E-Book?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by mac, Jul 12, 2004.

1. mac

mac Well-Known Member

2. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

"Outlaw bodybuilder" - what? LOL.

Also, that pic of him at 3.7% bodyfat I find highly suspect.

I didn't read the rest of the page though, but the outlaw bodybuilder comment turned me right off.

3. mac

mac Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, but I think the "outlaw" Part is that he is agaist the mainstream, (muscle mags, Trendy diet programs, etc...)

I looked at it from a previous thread on todays forums. It was a link on the website about V-shaped torso stuff. Probably just another guy trying to make a buck. Lol....

4. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

When I read the word I got the impression that he was trying to impose an air of rebelliousness - like he had information _so powerful_ that other people are actively trying to supress it, because it would _turn the fitness world upside down_!!!!

Anyway, I don't intend to thread crap - I wonder what the meat of the e-book is? It can't be that revolutionary.

5. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

i dont think this just another guy trying to make a buck...I have heard a lot of people mention his ebook (on this board). All good things.

edit: just wanted to add that tom V. is recommended by Jeremy Likeness on his site.

#5 CL117, Jul 12, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  6. JeremyLikness

JeremyLikness Well-Known Member

Very familiar with it. Probably one of the best compendiums of advice to get in shape and lose fat in any one resource. I have my own eBook that I sell, and don't consider it competition with Tom's, because mine focuses on the internal details - the personal development aspect. Tom's book delves into the details of constructing customized programs, meal plans, etc.

I always admire people who want to learn it all themselves and gather information online - it's a great approach. However, knowledge is not a substitute for experience and Tom has plenty of experience. A lot of online information is biased towards the company putting it out there, and Tom has made a name for himself by remaining independent.

Just browse to his website ... fitren.com ... and then scroll through a few of his articles. I have some posted at my site:

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/index.php?query=tom+venuto&amount=0&blogid=1

To give you an idea of the quality of his writing and where his opinions come from. Personally, if you are hitting a wall with the last 5 pounds and can't afford coaching, then I'd highly recommend it. If you are looking to get started, then it may be more details oriented.

It's 340 pages, not including the bonus reports and other books he provides.

I personally give it a :tu: and just like my own eBook, he offers a 90-day guarantee. If you don't like it, ask for your money back - it's as simple as that.

Jeremy

7. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

He seems legit and isn't selling snake oil. There are many who feel his training advice helped them. I haven't read his e-book but I have read tons of articles and his newsletters. He knows what he is talking about. Anything he writes is worth reading.

8. .gif

.gif Well-Known Member

i would buy it if he had a print version. i hate reading e-books.

9. JeremyLikness

JeremyLikness Well-Known Member

Send an e-mail to Tom ... he might be willing to create a print copy for you. He answers all e-mails.

Jeremy

10. cz3ch

cz3ch Well-Known Member

Save the $39.99 and read johnstone forums :)

11. born sleepy

born sleepy Well-Known Member

I bought it. there's no sales itches/snake oil. he's not selling anything other than his info and experiences. it's dense and that's a problem for me, mr. short-attn-span. I printed it out and 3-hole punched it, even, but I had a hard time remembering the principles and I'm not one to study something for very long now that it's not required to pass an exam :)

I guess I should give it another go.

12. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

Your review was better than mine :o

13. FireForEffect

FireForEffect Well-Known Member

I bought his e-book a year and a half ago. It is NOT snake oil. Venuto knows his shit, in fact it was the best 40 bucks I have ever spent as far as fitness goes. He is extremelly low bodyfat, that is no joke. It would take you YEARS of trial and error to learn the info he has in his e-book just poking around this forum. I actually prefer the e-book format because I can print multiple copies of the diet and food list.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone who is serious about working out have his book. You cannot go wrong. Also, he is very motivational, its not just about fitness. Just check out his website:
    http://www.fitren.com
    If you sign up for free you can access his articles which are VERY helpful.

I feel the info he presents is standard must know info for any bodybuilder. Hell, he should pay me for this endorsement!! ;)

14. peter

peter Well-Known Member

I too was sceptical at first, but I've bought it, and I have to say. THE BOOK IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT! And Tom is too! I've emailed him with questions, and got a reply every time.

15. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

FireForEffect gives it a little stronger recommendation than I do, but yes, I think it's a good read. Yes, you can probably pick up most of the information on these forums, but he has it all in one place. Despite reading JSF regularly, I picked up several new things. One thing's for certain, it's not snake oil. It's good information.

16. French Spirit

French Spirit Well-Known Member

At Jeremy's recommendation, I've decided to get the book after I bulk.

#16 French Spirit, Jul 14, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  17. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

I bought it in January, printed it out, put it in a binder and read it.
    And re-read it.
    And refer to it often.

I think it is a fantastic book of reference, and is solely responsible for me gaining an understanding of what I needed to do (and why) to get control of my body and health.

As someone else said, you can probably find all of the info scattered around JSF and elsewhere; but this is aseembled and explained extremely well.

I reccommend it highly.

18. spiceweasel

spiceweasel Well-Known Member

This is the only fitness book that I have read so far that I can recommend to friends. It is worth several reads.

Next I must read Jeremy's book... :tucool:

19. angel_b

angel_b Well-Known Member

Sorry for the thread necromancy :o

I'm looking at buying this ebook, but am a bit nervous of sending my credit details over the internet.

Is ClickBank trustworthy?

20. _Christopher_

_Christopher_ Well-Known Member

I dont know anything specific about clickbank, but I shop online all the time. In fact, you are more likely to have a problem giving your card to a waiter at dinner than having the number stolen online.