1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone just starting out?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by acappy, Jan 22, 2004.

1. CuttinKing2183

CuttinKing2183 Well-Known Member

I was at Atkins before. It works very well but I feel a little bit healthier doing this diet because it's a little easier to maintain. Plus in order for muscles to grow, you need carbs...it's vital to the process.

It's just all about dedication. And seeing quick results. Losing 6 lbs. within the first week helps you mentally.

I think I have a high metabolism....it was just covered before my eating whole bags of chips and drinking endless sodas...!

2. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I started out on the 19th and have been recording my calories and doing a high-endurance cardio and also weight regimen as well. I've always been overweight, I'm six 3 and 300. I realize I'm always going to be a large frame guy, but its my goal to get down to 220. I started from nowhere and while I know the basic frameworks of how to lose weight, eath healthy blah blah blah. john really gave me the insight and instruction that a normal everyday guy can develop a good workout routine without having to go to bally's or see a doctor or get a weight trainer or buy all these books. best of luck to everyone, cuz that's what it's all about, is self improvement. who cares if the other guys and gals are fitter, good for them. progress is the name of the game for me

-Scott

3. uberzone

uberzone Well-Known Member

i started working out about 4 weeks ago, but not as consistant as i should be. my roomate is my workout partner so that helps motivate me to go. diet is something we are both working on so hopefully in a few more months we can post some results :)

4. fujo

fujo Well-Known Member

I have know Lisa and John for almost 3 years -- They are wonderful people. I look at John and just think WOW! I have such a hard time with motivation -- but I think it has finally come to me. Right now I am 5'9" 216.4 and 30% body fat. I hope with this post I will actually start doing something about it. This will be an exciting journy.

5. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Lifetime Platinum Membership
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Fujo! :claphigh: hey you, I am glad you posted :tu:

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I started october, I've done a good bit of work, I've got a long way to go, In the past 4 odd months I've learned so much aswell, so it's not just a physical change.

7. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Good to see you here and fired up, Fujo!

:gl:

8. WisAlpha

WisAlpha Well-Known Member

My deal is ones of ups and downs. I will workout and eat good for about 5 months get my body to the point that my pants are loose and I feel good about it. Then for some reason I stop my routine and turn into a blob again. After this site and reading though the forum I will never throw it all away again. I made a spreadsheet and took the first pictures today. I guess I want to finally go past the point of just being able to stay in the same pant size. Good luck to all the other ones just starting out again like me!!

9. Xtropy

Xtropy Well-Known Member

Like a number of people here I have started my program on January 19th. I haven't found it hard to stick with at all. I am on a 40-40-20 PCF ratio and consume 1500 calories a day. I find most of the time I have to eat even though I am not hungry. This is much more protein then I am used to coming from a more vegetarian background. I eat chicken and fish daily with a whey protein shake in the morning.

On my start date I was 192 lbs w/ 23% BF. One week from that date (today as I post this), I am 186.5 w/ 21% BF. I have lost 5 lbs of fat and .5 of muscle/water during the week. I am VERY happy with these results but don't expect this level to continue due to the radical change in my diet since I started (mainly the protein intake).

I workout every day at about 5:00AM before work. This is the hardest part of sticking to my program. I hate mornings with a passion but have commited myself to workouts at this hour. I work at 7:00AM and feel that I have much more energy throughout the day if I workout in the morning.

I do cardio every other day and curcuit training the other days. I take Sunday off as a rest and recoup day. I plan on having the same dedication to my nutrition and exercises that John does. His results are really motivating and enough for me to realize that my state of mind is the only thing that will hold me back.

Thanks for the boost in motivation John,

Xtropy

#49 Xtropy, Jan 26, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2004
  10. gigapower

gigapower Well-Known Member

I started roughly three weeks ago weighing in at 305lbs with a goal to get to 200lbs. For me the hardest part was quiting going out to eat, way too much temptation there. Now that I have curbed that not only am I eating better and loosing weight, but my bank account is going up! One thing I've found helpful is to set goals and rewards for yourself. When I started my wife and I layed out a reward plan based on every 10lbs I lost and then there are two big rewards, one for halfway the other for completion. Its these that make get out of bed at 6am to get to the gym when its 30 degrees out.

BTW - I'm now at 289lbs