1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever try a PSMF?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Walcwlr, Jul 15, 2004.

1. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

What did you mean about your "metabolic rate" going down?

As for the last comment, people do it all the time especially people new to resistance exercise. Those are the glory days of quick returns, if people make good use of them.

2. QuikZ06

QuikZ06 Well-Known Member

:mad: I have been asked this 3 times in the last week. What part of a metabolic rate decreasing don't people understand. They understand that you can increase your metabolism, but they don't seem to understand that you can do the opposite also. Is there a better way I should word this so people understand?

It was a sarcastic joke! :lol:

Sorry to take it out on you, I'm just tired of that question being asked.

3. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Well the 2700 going to 2100 made no sense, I didn't see the relationship. I wondered what those numbers mean in terms of metabolic rate.

Thanks for your response :gl:

4. Walcwlr

Walcwlr Well-Known Member

I appreciate the input. I'm hoping to use this to get a large portion of BF off of me. I then plan to maintain with a 40/40/20 type diet. I'll still always stay away from white flower and sugar.

I'm looking for a quick way to lose some fat/weight. Again, not intending on doing this for a long time. I will see where I am at after 6 weeks.

Thanks again.

Mike

5. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

He means that his maintenance caloric requirements dropped from 2700 to 2100. ;)

I've tried harsh strict dieting in the past and, though I know with certainty that my willpower is better than most, I find them very hard to stay on. My greatest success has been a more measured approach, and one which asks less of my ability to be diligent, and thus gives slower returns, but allows me to stay on it long term without issue. Right now that means that my calories are 1800-2000 (as opposed to really down low), and one day a week of cheating. It's something I can do long term - really indefinitely - and I don't find it impinges on my lifestyle as much as a constant hard diet, which can sap the morale from anybody.

6. Walcwlr

I understand that and agree. Problem is, I am 30% BF. It's easy to do the slow approach at a lower BF. I want a quick way to lose 10% or more. Ketogenic diets seem to target fat. Is there a better way that does it as fast? Would a 40/40/20 work with the same cal deficit?

Mike

7. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

Probably not as well, but I think that that is a shortcoming of the calorie numbers as opposed to a 40/40/20 approach. You definitely spent a while getting up to 30%. Why are you in such a hurry to lose it? :)

8. soltrain

soltrain Well-Known Member

I think in the long run lad you will be much better off the lose it slower. You may lose more 'weight' with this diet but not fat. I know how it is to want to lose it all and reap the biggest reward for your efforts but honest I think you will waaaay better off with a more balanced diet. 2 to 3 pounds of fat a week is ALOT of fat and in 12 weeks you will see a HUGE changed and feel incredible. People who lose 10 pounds feel great in the short run but end of fatter in the long run. Whatever you do - best of luck.

9. Walcwlr