1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

anybody ever tried a abtronic x2?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by _Marcus, Nov 24, 2009.

1. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

hello,
    yesterday a girl from the restaurant in our gym asked me about this electric belts to get a six peack.

http://abtronic-x2.com/

My opinion is that products from this tv shops are junk but I never tried it and I donĀ“t know anybody who tried it.

has anybody here in the forum ever tried a belt like this?

cheers,
    marcus

2. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I have not, nor has anyone I known, used such things for weight loss/ab exposure. However, my mother-in-law has a similar thing which was prescribed by doctors to help her with her back trouble, using the shock to strengthen her back and core without any movements that might cuase damage. I believe it has worked for her.

Also, while I was in physical therapy, I saw this kind of muscle shock treatment used on other patients to force muscle contraction.

I can't imagine that these forced muscle contractions burn that many calories that wearing this belt for an hour a day will amazingly slim you down. However, if someone has a weak core, this shock treatment is a kind of core workout.

I think similiar results could be gotten by purposefully activating your muscles, but that requires actively thinking about it while this belt allows you to do this on auto-pilot. For the average person, the lack of ab definition is not due to the weakness of the muscle but the body composition, and I don't think these devices will dramatically improve that.

3. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

<snort>

Even if it does work the ab muscles (big IF), working the ab muscles is not what gives you a six pack. Fat reduction is. And you can't spot reduce fat by working the abs. You lose fat by diet and training the whole body.

Waste of money.

4. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I disagree... I wore a similar contraption once as part of my costume to a Halloween party and won 3rd prize for best costume.:claphigh:

5. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

@ mastover
    haha, that's a statement :lol: is there a picture?

@ jear
    that can be true. perhaps it works more than doing absolutly no sports like when you are in a hospital but in the tv they allways show the heavy guys and the girls with the big boobs

6. padrone

padrone Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it does anything for your abs, and I've always assumed that it is fake in some way, but if you put it on your arm and try to eat breakfast you can get on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYWN8-RQR-E

7. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

It can't be all bad - dude's wearing a Pearl Izumi jersey! :spaz:

:blank:

:lol:

8. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I agree the belt does something. Eletrical shocks will make muscles contract.

But that thing alone will never give your the results the commercials advertise.

9. MixweLL

MixweLL Active Member

LOL @ mast.. Seems that is the best result you will get.. When I was younger and naive I bought the "ab energizer" like an idiot and honestly unless you're in a backyard wrestling match and need a prize belt I feel that any ab workout belt is garbage. The notion that you can get a 6 pack by sitting on your a$$ and letting the belt work you out is all BS.. Seriously don't waste your money on this stupid product that will not work (unless you need a costume) Congrats Mast for 3rd prize for best costume. :moon: