1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Any BSG fans?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by raptor, Oct 21, 2006.

1. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

Is anyone else here a fan of Battlestar Galactica? The new series, not the cheesefest from the 1970's.

I'm really amazed I don't hear more about this show across the internet. It's probably one of my favorite shows. Tonight's episode was just amazing. So many powerful intense scenes.

Just had to share. :)

2. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I would probably really be into it if I had watched from the beginning, but, since there is already so much that has gone on (two years or so, right?), I don't want to just start to watch it in the midst of everything.

3. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

They are on the 4th episode of season 3. You definitely do not want to start watching it in the middle of the series. There is a lot of story/character development throughout the first two seasons. I'd suggest going and renting the miniseries that came out first. It's about 3 and a half hours I think. If you're hooked you can rent season 1 and 2 and get caught up.

Many people are disillusioned by the original series. The two shows share some of the same character names and basic story but they are vastly different. The show is able to merge amazing action sequences with exceptional drama and a bit of social commentary mixed in.

It's hard not to get excited about this show. Some of the characters are so complex, things are seldom black and white, there are so many gray areas.

4. jaydfwtx

jaydfwtx Well-Known Member

IMO, it's the best show on TV right now. I'm worried about the rumors that they will move it from Sci-fi to NBC.

5. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

The last I heard those rumors were false. NBC said they had no plans to do it, thankfully.

6. misterrossi

misterrossi Well-Known Member

Big style! Can't wait for it to come back on TV in the UK.

I was a big fan of the original as well, I know a lot of people are split on which is the best, to me they are both good but in their own very different ways.

Ross

7. FBChick

FBChick Active Member

The hubby and I have been hooked from the get go!! Both actually loved the original, so it did take a little time to adjust to the new Starbuck, but sometimes I think it's just cause she reminds me too much of me.