1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

AMR vs. Banditfist vs. TXItalian

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by txitalian, Jun 17, 2004.

1. txitalian

txitalian Well-Known Member

No problem, stuff happens. I think if we can have them up by Sunday night every week it should be cool.

Jason

2. txitalian

Week 4

I got sunburned as hell today. Too bad the sun didn't hit my sides. I now have racing stripes :lol:

Attached Files:

3. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

pictures for week of 7/14

Here's my pictures for this week. I've been running a lot lately so I've actually lost some weight.

Currently 173lbs at about 11 to 12% body fat

Attached Files:

4. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

Sorry I am late. Busy week and weekend....

#44 Banditfist, Jul 18, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  5. txitalian

I will get my pics up tomorrow. didn't have access to my camera over the weekend

jason

6. txitalian

Week 5 Pics

My obliques are pissing me off. If I squeeze them, it's mostly all muscle, but from the pics, it looks like fat. I know I know...lower body fat will get rid of them...but still! :p

Attached Files:

7. Banditfist

Sorry guys, my wife went out of time with the camera. I will have my pics up by Wednesday.

8. Banditfist

Man, I have been having a tough time of things. Have not been in a good rotation on work, personal life, nutrition, and fitness. Got a new program starting soon and we will see...

#48 Banditfist, Aug 3, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  9. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

My pics for this week. I actually was able to lift this week so far and last too. Here they are.

Attached Files:

10. txitalian

Better late then never.

Attached Files:

11. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

In order to make good comparisons I'd recommend creating an image that has the identical pose side by side. It's very hard to judge your improvement if you have go back to another page or scroll up a lot to see the old pic.

If you don't have a photo editing tool that allows it than you could ask someone on the board to make it for you. I'd be willing to do one person's but not all of them.

Here's how I did my first comparison pic for my contest with jk0 and Marcman. The first pics are my August submission and the following post shows the comparison pics. Notice that I used the identical background and lighting, although they came out slightly different for no apparent reason.

Contest Comparison Pic-8.01.2004

Hopefully we can all have a series of pictures showing marked improvement like John has. That's what has drawn so many people to this site-those comparison pictures that I saw on the Fark.com link back in January were mind blowing. That's what made me get on the fitness wagon again-I wanted to have those cool monthly comparison photos spanning an entire year. Before/after are good, but all improvement is gradual so it's more motivating to see the pictures lined up incrementally because the changes seem more possible.

12. txitalian

I decided to try a little something different this morning. I knew I had a little more definition than the previous pictures showed, so today, I took my pictures in the same spot I always do, but I turned the flash off and just used the natural overhead light.

Attached Files:

13. txitalian

Also, just for fun, I finally took some pictures of my legs

Attached Files:

14. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

You do look more defined in that lighting. If you could just find something in between-the flash does seem to make the skin look white and seems to flatten out muscle definition.

15. txitalian

Yeah, I was noticing that. By the time I get it figured out just right, the challenge will be over! :lol:

Jason

16. txitalian

Final Week

Here is my entry for the final week. I took a back shot, but it came out really blurry, so I'm going to skip it.
    Once everybody submits theres, we can add a poll for the voting.

Jason

Attached Files:

17. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

Hey man nice job, you've added visible mass to your chest and arms. :tu:

I haven't added any mass but I did drop about 2lbs and went from 13% body fat to 11%.

18. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

The most noticable difference is on the side pose-the pecs are much thicker and the arms definitely bigger. Good work-what's your plan now? Add mass? Cut? Rest? Go fishing?

19. txitalian

Thanks guys. Chest and arms were actually the areas I was hoping to target. As for my future plans, I am going on a cruise next March, so I want to look really good for it. I am going to try a bulking cycle until december or so and then go back to cutting for a few months in time for the cruise.
    I bulked up last year some time, but did it all wrong, just ate whatever I felt like. Going to shoot for a clean bulk this time. Looks like I am going to have to start a new journal until the next six pack summer :D

Jason