1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

AMR vs. Banditfist vs. TXItalian

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by txitalian, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

You asked for it:

[​IMG]

2. MGB

MGB Well-Known Member

Isn't that Tom Selleck before he did his own transformation (they moved some hair to his head and all the fat to his wallet)? :)

3. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

Ok, ok, don't be hijacking our challenge thread.

4. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

AMR-Have you tried the nair for men yet?

And where are Banditfist's photos?

5. txitalian

txitalian Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Banditfist just got back in town and will get pics up as soon as he can.

Jason

6. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried it the other night. Pretty funny, I have a big stripe of no hair on my back. You'll see in the updated pictures this week.

7. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

My workouts this weekend.

I got up saturday morning and went for a 5 mile run. it was awesome. I then ate some cereal and went to my kung fu class. Usually I'm spent after a run like that but I made it through class just fine. So level of cardio fitness is pretty good. Sunday I painted the house all day and today at lunch I'm going for a swim (1000 yrds).

8. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

I am back in town, and I just got said goodbye to the company that I had this morning. I got my first workout in over a week this morning.
    Back and abs are feeling really good. I usually start my upper back workout with wide grip pull ups. I do have ever many sets it takes to get to 50 reps. Today, I decided to add a 25 pound plate to my weight. 6 months ago I could still hit 15-20 reps at 240 pounds. I weighed in at 207, so add 25pounds to that. I was straining to get 10 reps done with that weight. Felt good though.

Pics will be up tonight when the wife gets home to take the pics.

9. Banditfist

Finally!

Current Stats:
    Height: 6'1''
    Weight: 207.6 lbs.
    Bodyfat: 16%

Goal: Look like I work out
    Height: 6'1''
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Bodyfat: 10%

I have been weightlifting for over 14 years. Over the past year I put on weight, stopped lifting, and only did modest cardio. Work was killing my workouts. In January, I made a change. I starting lifting weights in the morning. I did not waste time waiting on equipment and I was guaranteed that work would only rarely interrupt my routine. Cardio is done at the gym. I do HIIT when I want to get in and get out, otherwise it is 45 minutes normally on an arc-trainer.

My workouts look like this:
    day 1: legs (including squats),calves,cardio
    day 2: chest, tris, abs, cardio
    day 3: back, calves, cardio
    day 4: shoulder, bis, abs, cardio
    day 5: no lifting, cardio
    day 6: legs (leg press instead of squats), calves, cardio
    Start at day 2

Diet:
    For the last six months I have been doing a 40/40/20 diet. I kept a log for the first two months. I need to start my log back up so I can track what I eat.

The Problem: I cheated EVERY SINGLE DAY of my diet with a snack before bed. Yeah I know that is a NO NO, but oh well. That is why the challenge is here to stop me! Additionally, I am going back to the basics with lifting and will really be concentrating on my form. I lost about 35 pounds since January. My strength is not the same. I am still trying to throw around the weight like I was, but need to reallze my limitations and hit the form.

Secondary Problem: Looking at my pics, my front delts are larger than my biceps.

#29 Banditfist, Jun 28, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  10. txitalian

DUDE!! You've got some guns!!! Very nice

jason

11. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

ALRIGHT! We're all in. I'm stoked! This is going to be fun.

I'm gonna be counting on you guys for some weight room advice. You both have more mass then I do.

12. txitalian

Week 2

Here is my week 2 entry. :)

Jason

Attached Files:

13. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

AMR's pics for week 2

Here's my pics for this week. Looking at them I think I need to put on some mass in my chest, shoulders and arms. Any thoughts on this?

I also got a cool cut on my eye tonight while staff sparring in my kung fu class.

Attached Files:

14. txitalian

First of all, nice cut! :tu:

As far as adding mass. I forget, do you also lift weights or just stick to cardio/martial arts? If you lift, what do you typically to for chest/arms/shoulders?

Jason

15. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

Most of my training will be cardio (running, swimming, cycling and martial arts) but I want to try to do a full body workout 2 to 3 times a week. I was doing the MAX OT workout with the suggested exercises but I was either trying to push too much weight too soon or had bad form. Anyway, my left shoulder was extrememly sore all the time. And I don't mean that good kind of muscle soreness you get after lifting. I took a break, saw a doctor, he gave me the green light to lift so I am just now getting back into it after about a month break from lifting.

Exercises that irritate my shoulder are: Pushups, dips, incline dumbell bench and flat bench sometimes.

Front and Side lateral raises don't hurt my shoulder so I was going to try to strengthen the joint with these for about a month and then slowly get back into a full routine. I was also going to try to do all my normal stuff but with lower weight until I can strengthen the shoulder. What do you think?

16. txitalian

Do you use a barbell or dumbbells for bench press?

I am currently doing rest-pause and do the following lifts:

For arms I do straight bar curls and tricep pushdowns.
    For chest I do dumbbell bench(flat,incline or decline)
    Shoulders I do Military press and lateral raises.

Since they are all fairly small muscles, I don't believe in doing a ton of different exercises for each part. Especially since they get hit when I do compound lifts like squats and deads.

jason

17. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

I tried do barbell flat bench the other day. I went very light and it worked out ok. So I'm gonna keep going with it for now. Thanks for the input.

Brian

18. Banditfist

Week 3:

The after effects of July 4th...still at 207.

#38 Banditfist, Jul 7, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  19. txitalian

Week 3

My version of the after effects of Fourth of July weekend. Drank 4 nights in a row, felt out of control. It's amazing how hard it is to lose fat, but how easy it is to gain. I still need to take a flexed front shot, but my batteries died out. I'll upload it tonight.

Attached Files:

20. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

too busy to take pictures

Hey guys, sorry I don't have my pictures up for this week yet. I've just been slammed with all kinds of different stuff to do. It looks like I won't be able to have any until this weekend. Sorry. Keep working out and eating clean! :tu:

Brian