1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Alternating Cardio?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by BoxedMigration, Nov 14, 2004.

1. BoxedMigration

BoxedMigration Well-Known Member

How often should I alternate cardio between 35 minutes on the bike and 35 on the treadmill. Every other day? Every other week? I do cardio five times per week and how often do alternate... I don't want the body to get used to it, then having it become less effective. :spaz:

2. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

I'd change the activity once a week or so, and make the time a bit longer as well with the next choice of activity. (35 mins one week, 40-45 the next)

~SC~

3. CKS7

CKS7 Well-Known Member

Ok. so ive been using the elliptical for about 3 weeks now, 45 mins every time, 5-7 times per week. ii dont get this alternating business...is it really bad to do the same thing over and over again? is it really more effective to do less on 1 week (35 mins) and back up to 45 the next? that means i loose 50-70 mins of cardio per week!

i have bike and stair climb availible, which should i alternate to?

thx

4. SwoleCat

If anything, just change the form of cardio. Your body does get accustomed to the same thing.

~SC~

5. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

It won't become less effective. Worry more about doing it than the little irrelevant facts. If you enjoy both forms, then by all means, switch as often as you'd like, but if you prefer one over the other, do not be afraid to use that machine almost exclusively.

6. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

Switching stuff up also helps me to fight the boredom of indoor cardio equipment.

7. SwoleCat

Very true! :)

~SC~