1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by allnighterman, Jul 10, 2014.

1. allnighterman

allnighterman Member

Hi! I'm a 26 year old man. I'm 5'10 and 225lbs. I have been obese for about 3 years and only started doing something about it when I joined a gym this February. Since then I've grown much stronger and dropped roughly 25lbs from my 250lb peak. Before college, I was a varsity swimmer and linebacker, and I continued to lift in college, but I stress ate like crazy and cancelled my gym membership when I landed my first job.

Fast forward to today... I have been following StrongLifts 5x5 since early March, and started counting calories and macros - eating at a caloric deficit - about 2 months ago.

Before I injured my knee trying out Push Press a few weeks ago, my 1RMs for the powerlifting disciplines were the following:

Squat: 385lbs
    Bench Press: 265lbs
    Deadlift: 405lbs

Currently I'm stuck doing an all upper body routine and doing HIIT on the ellyptical until I can see a doctor. The knee hurts even trying bodyweight squats. I'm still eating at a deficit, and just maintaining my strength as much as I can. Weighing less than 220lbs (so close) is my current goal and then the push to 200 begins. I've still got a decent amount of gut to kill.

I'll go into more depth when I make a journal.

Cheers!

2. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Maybe, but with those numbers you've got serious muscle under that gut. :tucool:

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome to the forums.

Those are some pretty large numbers on the lifts

Depending on your body fat % 225 at 5 10 might not be obese. Do you know your bf %?

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Welcome. As has previously been written, that's a lot of iron to be moving.

Hope your knee becomes a non issue really soon.