1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

alergic to most foods, need help before wedding

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by mmace, Oct 27, 2004.

1. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I have my routine sorted, I am looking to lose fat before my wedding next July (9 months). My 2 biggest problems are that I seem to be always hungry and I am alergic to the majority of foods (I throw up as soon as they hit my tongue)

I need help, I'm 6' and 17st (238lbs) and in 9 months I want to lose 2.5 - 3 st (35 - 42lbs)

at the moment my average food is:
    6:30 Oatso Simple (porridge)
    7:00 at work
    10:00 Apple
    11:00 Banana
    12:00 Myoplex Diet bar (High protein, lo carb bar - approx 220 Cals)
    12:30 Light crisps (28g - 132 Cals)
    15:00 leave work
    15:15 train in gym (3x a week HIIT cardio, 2x a week heavy weights)
    17:15 small portion of Mash potato, either minced beef (boiled with fat taken off) or lean corned beef (small tin) with either a small portion of oven fries or a couple of small Yorkshire Puddings and 2 slices of dry wholemeal bread
    20:00 snack (sugar free jelly with low fat ice cream or a slice of toast)
    throughout the day I drink around 8 - 10 pints of water

my main problem is that I don't like most foods with protein in (mince and corned beef are the only meats I can eat) and just about everything I like is high in carbs. I have a tub of Whey Protein but I still feel hungry after drinking one. The only time I feel full in the day is after my tea for about an hour or so. My food very rarely changes as I cannot stomach anything else (except on Fridays when I treat myself to chips from the chip shop at lunch time - but I don't eat anything before this)
    I want to eat "clean" but I know I can't eat most of the stuff you guys do because I'll be sick

any ideas or should I stick to what I'm doing (I've lost 7lbs in the last 3 weeks)?

PS I'm broke so don't suggest anything that costs a fortune

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You would need to list up some foods that you are alergic too so people can help you better.

For example, I'd suggest Tuna, it's cheap, great protein content, and most people find it easy to eat, but you might be alergic to it.

The apple and Banana in the mornings will leave you very hungry, or if you can get past that, it's not a good idea for trying to loose weight, since you want balanced meals every time, fruit just leaves you with about 15g of carbs, and at most, 1g of protein which is well, not a lot:tu: With your Whey shake try adding some Oats into the blender, it'll give you some decent carbs with the shake.

3. Jaybird

Jaybird Well-Known Member

Your diet is WAY TOO LOW in protein. You need to bump that up. I suggest whey protein or soy protein supplements. Are you allergic to them? If not, go with whey first because it's an excellent protein. If allergic to whey, then go with soy. Soy is a good protein, but it's not as easily absorbed as whey.

I agree, list the foods that you are allergic to and we can help construct a diet for you.

But in the meantime, eat more protein. It digests slower, so you won't feel hungry as often.

4. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I agree with Jim....Tuna is great! (if youre not allergic to it), Salmon is also great! What do you do for cardio? I've noticed from my experience that Bikes weren't giving me same results as tredmill did....

5. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

cheers for the responses
    I know my diet's bad, but I can't help it - i'm allergic to just about everything

the only things I can eat that I haven't mentioned it things like chips (fries to the Americans), sweets (candy) etc etc

there's very little I can eat which is why my diet's so bad, nearly everything I can eat is high in carbs and low in protein

I can't eat tuna or any white meats or egg whites

6. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

for cardio I use the cross trainer, I can't run because I get shin splints (i used to run 3 times a day)

My routine is fine, it's just my diet that's bad

7. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Have you tried talking to your physician, he/she might be able to sugest a good diet for you. :gl:

8. PhilipDC78

PhilipDC78 Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound too skeptical, but are you sure you are allergic to all these things, and it is not that you just don't like them?

Some other facts that might be useful for us to help you would be your age, weight, height and what you do as far as excersize.

9. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

I throw up even if I don't know the food's there, i just has to get in my mouth and it reacts!

weight and height is in my first post, I'm 26
    my routine is fine, I'm losing 2lbs a week, I just want to eat cleaner and since I know very little about food/nutrients etc I would like to know what someone would do if they could only eat what I could (would you eat more mince or corned beef? less mashed potato?)

I'm just hungry all day and really want to eat "clean" rather than potato foods all the time