1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Alcoholic Protein Shake???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by dso, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dso

dso Well-Known Member

I heard someone in the gym talking about making a white russian with protein powder and vodka. i never had a white russian, but does anyone think it'd be any good to put chocolate protein powder in water and a shot of vodka? Sounds kinda gross, but i dont know exactly what a white russian tastes like.

D

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Drinking vodka with protein powder is kind of like eating a pound of bacon with your tofu salad.....sorta defeats the purpose.

3. dso

dso Well-Known Member

Well this ofcourse would be one of those nights on the weekend id be drinking anyhow...its not ment for pwo or anything.

4. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

I'd do them separately. I bet it tastes foul.

5. dso

dso Well-Known Member

yea, see thats what im thinking. i mean the shake tastes bad enough, but the tasted of the vodka would be even worse with it...but these guys at the gym talked like it was really good.

6. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I could see it being not bad if you had a good protein powder. The alcohol should totally kill a powder's after-taste as well.

7. jmcalla

jmcalla Well-Known Member

Go For it

what do you have to lose? Buy some of the small ounce or so bottles and have at it on the weekend with the blender.

I tried googling but did not find anything worthwhile - but on another board someone said they have tried it also and it was good but it did not say how to make it!

8. dso

dso Well-Known Member

I don't have a blender. I think it'd be good to mix FF Vanilla Ice Cream with the protein powder and a shot or two. If I get brave and try it, I'll post my excperience. I just dont want to waste any protein powder...or vodka. Thanks for the replies.

D

9. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

I bet it'll taste better than just a protein shake alone would. Might as well give it a shot.

10. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Just in case this got lost in the discussion:

Black Russian: Kaluha (chocolate liqueur from Mexico), Vodka, ice.

White Russian: Black Russian with milk, or half & half or cream added, depending on your druthers.

I can't possibly see any advantage of using protein powder instead of the Kaluha (which is what I am presuming.) I can't imagine that on balance there would be any health benefits, and certainly no taste benefits, and if you are going to drink, you might as well do it right and really enjoy it. (Black and White Russians are two of my most favorite drinks. And Tia Maria, a more refined chocolate liqueur than Kahlua, doesn't even cut it in a Russian, so I don't see how protein powder could, good or bad tasting.)

11. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

Don't be around any chicks....one little poof of that concoction will make them wonder if you shit your pants... :lol:
    I'm sorry, i couldn't resist.....

12. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

I mixed a scoop of whey with 1 beer once.

Tasted like crap, but I did it ;)

13. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Tia Maria is a coffee liqueur, just like Kahlua ... and in locating these links, I learned that the same company who owns these brands also owns Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins. Something new every day.

14. SmoothBaller

SmoothBaller Well-Known Member

Funny, this weekend my friend asked my if he thought there were any alcoholic drinks that you could put protein powder in (he saw my big tub of powder above the fridge while I was mixing drinks). I told him my best idea was to put a scoop into a Mudslide - probably would be the best tasting combo.

15. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

mmmm...and Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins is my biggest downfall when I get off track...we have a 24 hour one where I live .. Not surprising that there is a connection....

16. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:eek: Sick !!!! :lol: :p :lol:

What compelled you to do that? :confused:

17. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    When I first saw the connection I thought there might be a Dunkin Donuts flavored alcoholic beverage...

18. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

Was drinking a beer, just one to remember how gross they taste and I wondered how a scoop of chocolate whey would taste in a corona, and it tasted horrible but I drank it anyway ahaha