1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Airport food and traveling for business

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by tr4nsf0rm3r, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tr4nsf0rm3r

tr4nsf0rm3r Well-Known Member

I expect to be out for work (I am a consultant) for two weeks straight, so lots of traveling time at airports, hotels, on the road, etc.

I was wondering if there are people here that have similar occupations that have this type of schedule and what food choices / options you have during such times.

2. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

When I was traveling as a consultant and trying to eat well, I would go for the sandwich shops (prepackaged at the airport's 'Quickie Mart'). You can usually get whole fruit there, too. Subway was a decent alternative. At hotels and lunch, I'd just try to eat as lightly as possible--go for the salads if you have to eat at the hotel's restaurant, or if you're by a mall with various options, Panera bread worked pretty well, using their "Pick 2" combo: half sandwich plus a cup of soup, and I think an apple.

Good luck!

3. karlsson1978

karlsson1978 Active Member

Would recommend a combination of packing foods like whey protein and quest protein bars, as well as doing diligence on the areas you're going to (things like does the hotel serve oatmeal and egg whites, what restaurants are in town that will offer clean foods, etc.) It's never easy to travel and eat clean but one thing I've learned is that it takes a good deal of advanced planning.