1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

advice urgently needed!!

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by CuTe PoIsOn, Aug 24, 2008.

1. CuTe PoIsOn

CuTe PoIsOn Active Member

Im off to Rome tomorrow Guys Im the thing is Im 3 weeks into a 8 week bulk, so far I think its been going well, however Whilst Im in Rome for a week, Im also on a tight budget so therefore I dont know how clean I can eat on a small budget, furthermore as I dont have access to any gyms over In Rome, I need advice on how to train for around 20-30mins with no free weights at all.

All thoughts welcome, Ohh my budget is 200 euro and thats for trains, food & of course espresso.

2. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

When in Rome do as the Romans. Don't worry about it. Have fun! Unless it's not a vacation but either way. As long as it doesn't happen every so often it's okay to veer off every once in a while. If you are out of town every so often the Mannishboy would probably be the guy to talk to about eatin well while traveling.

Continue your plan when you come back. Not everyone gets to go to rome every day, unless you live there.

3. Eagle Tree

Eagle Tree Active Member

I would go for push ups, pull-ups, headstand push-ups against a wall, squats, lunges, bench (chair/bed) dips, curl-ups or leg raises, and back extensions off the bed. I know you might not be able to find enough weight laying around conveniently to add to some of those, but even if you have to run higher reps, it may help to preserve muscle mass till you get back to your weights. Some of them might be very challenging and actually give you a positive change. The leg stuff will be a little light I'm sure. Find some giant water jugs or carboy's to be your "dumbbells", hotels have those ;).

One could be theoretically at risk of mass loss in 3 weeks with no activity. But that is NO activity, as in, stuck in bed. The study I read showed that even aerobic levels of lifting/exercise keep mass intact if diet isn't at a deficit, it's supposed to slow loss if you don't start marathoning or something. You should be fine. If you can't eat clean, at least eat enough! Have fun.

4. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Its only a week man. Personally, I'd eat like crap and do nothing that even remotely resembles a workout. It won't make any difference in such a short time span. Just chill, relax and enjoy your vacation.

5. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Isn't he only going to be there a week? Maybe I misunderstood his post....but yeah, if it is 3 weeks, then I might temper the debauchery a bit.

6. Eagle Tree

Eagle Tree Active Member

Actually, I think I misunderstood, I thought it was 3 weeks gone, not 3 weeks into a bulk. I think you're right. 7 days after a really good workout should not bring mass loss, that's just a normal break.

7. CuTe PoIsOn

CuTe PoIsOn Active Member

thanks guys yea its only a week so Im off today, When In rome baby when In Rome.

Ciao