1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Advice and guidance

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by jo8216, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jo8216

jo8216 Active Member

Well i posted in the newbie bit to say i was back after depression and life situations i guess that has put me out of training for about a year.

I want back in my training and nutrition big time, i really miss it again and havent felt like that for a very long time, so can only be a good thing. The problem i have is i cant go back to the training routine i had before.
    I used to train a lot actually, twice a day. I know overtraining and all that. I dont want to end up obsessive like i was before but i did get a figure i hadnt had for a long long time.

The issue i have now is the situtaion around my nutrition. So all the help i can get on this one is going to be so grateful.

Day starts 6.30am
    breakfast - not an issue
    mid morning snack - not an issue
    lunch no issue
    afternoon snack - what is the best thing pre work out and how long before?

Due to my circumstances i am working two jobs which means i will be going to the gym at 4pm out of the gym and showered etc by 5.20.
    then collect couple people straight to work again not home till 8.30/9.00.
    From the gym my main concern is nutrition.
    I did wonder if i could just do protein shake and some carbs after my workout and maybe just eggs and veggies when i get home ??

My main aim is to drop body fat and put on lean muscle , i want to get this sorted from the get go so im not messing about.

2. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

This is a easy problem to fix. Eat the majority of your alloted calories for the day in the morning / afternoon, then do a calorie taper for the rest of the day.

A shake with some carbs post workout is fine assuming the workout calls for it and a protein with some veggies when you get home.

3. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "not an issue"??

You have to establish your daily macronutrient numbers, then make sure you hit them by the end of the day. It doesn't matter when you eat, or what you eat, as long as your cals, pro/carb/fats are met at day's end.

Nutrient timing is only important around the training bout. Otherwise, you can eat 3 meals or 10 meals a day. Doesn't matter. As long as your macro's are met within the 24 hour period. You can eat carbs and fats right up until bed time, doesn't matter. Whether the goal is fat loss, mass gains, sports performance, etc.

What is your daily nutritional numbers like each day?? Pro/carb/fat

If you do not know this, then you've got to re-evaluate your diet in relation to your activity levels and goals.

4. jo8216

jo8216 Active Member

Hi Mastover,

Thank you for the help, like i said its really appreciated.

I dont start back at the gym till next week as its closed for the holidays and wanted to get everything in place before i started as i want results and dont want to be wasting my time on doing something wrong.

As for the not issues showing on the info i posted that just means i dont have a problem eating at that time.

The plan is to go back and weight train 4 or 5 times a week, i want to get back where i was before and that was lifting heavy, i know it will take a little while.

i used the harris benedict option on jsf bodyshop which tells me for my weight and height moderate to active , gaining muscle i need 2913 calories. I put gaining muscle as i know gaining muscle will help me tone and lose fat anyway. moderate to active wasnt sure to put that in or the next option but thats comes up as very active.
    Not sure whether to do a 40/40/20 split. Again any advise more than welcome want to get this right from the get go.