1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Addicted to Reese's....

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by matalo, Feb 27, 2007.

1. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

peanut butter cups.

Yes, you read it here. As dumb as it sounds, I admit I am addicted to these bad boys. I ate 8 cups today!!!! While, my weight is still going down (182 now), I know I will never be fully cut in the mid region as long as I keep eating these "cheat snacks". These little devils are the only thing "Bad" I eat and I simply cannot stop.

So, I write here. As of today, right now, I will no longer eat these. I have to stop. This thread will serve as a reminder to myself not to eat them anymore.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment on any cheat snacks you might have.

2. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I feel your pain. They are delicious. My favorite snack used to be a Reese's blizzard from Dairy Queen. Ice cream and Reese's are a great combo, but I had to give them up about 3-4 months b/c I'd rather not eat them and be skinny than eat them and be fat. I'd almost forgotten about them until a I read your post.

3. cabeasle

cabeasle Well-Known Member

You might try looking around at your local grocery store for some different natural peanut butters. Sometimes you can find them with honey, or cocoa added. Heck, you could even add a little splenda yourself. If you could just enjoy a spoonful of natural peanut butter with a little sweetness to it, it would be a heck of a lot better for you than the candy (and still peanut butter related). Just a though. Good luck on knocking out the sweets :tucool:

4. lil_dave

lil_dave Well-Known Member

just do what everyone else does when they have no self control

bulk ;)

5. William Decker

William Decker Active Member

I was incredibly addicted to Pepsi for the longest time. 8 - 12 cans a day. It was more the convenience factor then anything. I always drank a lot growing up (thankfully it was milk and enough orange juice to keep the Florida economy going!), but it just got to a point where I'd go out and buy Pepsi between 6-12 dozen because I'd hate to run out.

I'm cutting myself off completely of everything that I love March 1st. I've been eating healthy and focusing on getting fit, but February 28th is the last supper. You'd be surprised even when setting a date how infrequent you'd want something.

I've never went on a "diet" before, but I have a stronger desire to be the way I used to be rather then the way I am now! I quit before for like a year and a half (broke it by accidentally ordering a coke at a restaurant instead of ice tea and my girlfriend didn't catch it either until i brought it up when it was half finished...it tasted like shit btw :P) and quitting really wasn't as bad as it seemed. Only with stuff like...eating Pizza with water sucked really hard.

Good luck with your addiction. You might miss it at first, but you'll be glad once it's gone! :) It's kind of like a trophy that keeps growing :)

6. Denzalo

Denzalo Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I eat a package during a break at work everyday, along with my 1 can a day Mt. Dew. I figure I deserve it after all the work I've been doing at work and my workouts. :)

It's ok to have 2 cups a day imo, unless you're cracking down all strict-like "John Stone style", it's still possible to be successful, just keep it reasonable!

7. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

As a snack what I would normally would eat would be peanut butter mixed with banana. I think I will go back to that but I am concerned about the high amount of sugar in the banana.

Your thoughts?

8. cabeasle

cabeasle Well-Known Member

Lots of sugar in the banana, but it's all natural sugar, and nothing to be concerned about.

9. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

I've got the solution.

Keep buying them, and then eat them all on one day a week...if you're eating 8 cups a day, just eat 56 of them as a cheat meal on saturday or sunday! When you buy them, put them in a specific location marked "Cheat Meal" and count down the seconds until it's cheat day! haha!

...or, you could just move to Israel...only a few stores have them here and most people barely know what they are...I happen to live next to 3 of those stores, so stay away from Netanya...also there is only one place I know of where you can get Mt.Dew and it's an American bar in Tel-Aviv! haha!

10. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

That's a much better option.

11. Cityman

Cityman Active Member

Speaking of Mountain Dew, that was my big vice that I have now gotten over. I used to drink it like it was going out of style while I was in college. I always knew it was a problem, even cut it out for a month once during college (at the cost of daily withdrawal headaches).

Then, I cut myself down to 1 can/day for the past year or so until 2 months ago when I kicked it for good, after a short weaning program and minimal withdrawal headaches.

Now I keep what would have been "the next can" in the fridge as a reminder of my victory, and I actually enjoy the temptation since it reminds me of this small accomplishment every day, several times a day.

Good luck - you'll kick the Reese's if you really want to. :tucool:

12. TheLemonSong

I had a Mt. Dew during the Super Bowl instead of beer. Beer here sucks anyway...oh yeah, someone remind me...who won that last Super Bowl?:D!

13. Lael_TG

Lael_TG Well-Known Member

My friend used to love these. I say "used to" because he ate an entire bag of the miniatures in one sitting and had a terrible stomachache. He never eats them anymore. :p

-L

14. TheLemonSong

Yeah, I used to enjoy Jagrmeister til I downed half a bottle in an hour and vomitted all night long...didn't taste as good coming up; never tasted the same goin' down.:jumping:

15. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl.

I have probably had less than 15 sodas in the past 5 years. I just got tired of them after a while and I might have one every now and then in a mixed drink but they have to no real appeal to me. I do think I'm addicted to water though. I usually drink at least 3 gallons a day.

16. TheLemonSong

HELL YAH WE DID!!! P.MURDER, BABY!! INDY STAND UP!!! :D!!! hehehehe!:madpimp:

17. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

AH! I get it now. You set me up.:lol: Nicely done, but don't forget the Houston Texans did beat the Colts this season so....:neener:

18. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Here are some of my favorite recipes for things I eat as treats:
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showpost.php?p=299908&postcount=5

None of them are perfectly wholesome, but they are all a little bit more nutritious than peanut butter cups.

I love peanut butter and banana! I've been eating it every single morning this winter!

Chocolate manufacturers use a different formula for producing chocolate bars that will be stored and sold in warm climates than they do for chocolate bars that are stored and sold in mostly temperature-controlled North American stores. The KitKat bars we bought in China weren't nearly as creamy smooth as what we were used to, and were a lot easier to resist. (I don't remember coming across Hershey's products.)

19. needachange

needachange Active Member

:doh: that was one of my favorite things from Dairy Queen now I want one :lol:

but I will not go get one :spank:

20. Victoria35

Victoria35 Active Member

Try Dark...

A strange thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I got a craving for a candy bar and bought two and they were both disgusting and I was in total shock over it b/c that is not me.

I realized that I had become used to the flavor and quality of dark chocolate that is now at my office and the milk chocolate did not taste the same.

As far as pb and banana...that is a good snack. But when I want something crunchy...pb on a whole grain rice cake is yummy.:drool:

But really....if you can like dark chocolate, it is better for you. In moderation, of course.

V.:) :)