1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

About "Transformation Spotlights"

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Jan 12, 2009.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

First and foremost, I want to thank Christy ("J_W") for suggesting this new feature. Christy was not only responsible for the genesis of this terrific idea, she also worked with me over a period of several weeks to develop, shape and refine it.

So, what are the "Transformation Spotlights"? It is a means of recognizing outstanding JSF transformations of all kinds. The word "transformation" is used in a very loose sense here; it can mean fat loss, muscle gain, quitting smoking, overcoming chronic health problems or serious injury, getting off drugs and/or alcohol, triumphing over disease and so on...

I want to be clear that Transformation Spotlight is NOT a contest or a competition.

I hope you'll find this new feature interesting, inspiring and uplifting!

If you, or someone you know, has made a successful transformation, please contact me and let me know about it!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Christy and John, I think you have a real winner of an idea here.

A couple of questions come to mind. First, what is the decision process consist of? Does someone nominate a potential candidate to you John or are you going to rely upon your awareness of all that is happening at JSF to come up with candidates?

Second and last question is, are people who have made huge transformations in the past and have not regressed for a significant amount of time to be included or is this limited to those who are currently engaged in a large change?

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

All of the above. I along with a few other selected members who are very active on the forums always have our eyes open, but anyone is more than welcome to PM me with a suggestion.

That was something that Christy and I specifically discussed. We wanted to ensure that longtime members who, perhaps, made their most "dramatic" transformation years ago would not be excluded from the selection process.