1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

A yellow single nail

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by autumngirl, Jul 31, 2015.

1. autumngirl

autumngirl Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

OK, I have been doing a lot of walking in past few months. Then I had some impact/accidently hit the table that has cause some trauma to my toenail. I am not asking for a medical advice because a GP told me not to worry but I did not get a chance to see my GP and don't think I will be able anytime soon. Half to almost 3/4 of the toenail (2nd in row) has turn yellow and thickened, it is almost a month! Do you guys experience anything similar perhaps from too much walking, etc? Does it fall off on its own and come back?

2. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to my toenail, also the second one. I hit it pretty hard and the toenail thickened and turned yellow. It seemed like it was "dead" or something, just not it's natural color anymore and kind of dried out. It took awhile, but it did eventually fall off. However, a new nail had already grown in underneath it. It also took awhile for the new nail to look like the original one. I think it's best not to mess with it so the new nail can grow in.
    Don't worry that it's from too much walking or anything. Exercise shouldn't cause damage to your toenails (unless you drop a weight on them!).:)Just allow time for it to heal.

3. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

Based on this totally random sample, it appears that we have stumbled onto a rare condition that only affects second toenails!

Kidding aside, nature will take its course. Bye bye old nail; welcome new one.

4. autumngirl

autumngirl Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Good to hear! I only have a feel that it is time to replace my waking shoes. It just feels that the fume is pretty done. How long does people replace their running or walking shoes? I have no idea.

Good to hear! I think the human body is a miracle, I have heard people over here heal from serious things like ruptured disks/spine :tucool:.