1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

A week of Perfect #4 (April 23rd through April 29th)

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Apr 19, 2007.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Rules: Must be perfect the WHOLE 7 days with diet and exercise. No excuses!

You have to post the following day to report how you did on the previous day. Or if you like you can post at the end of each day.

Also, if you slip up and deviate from your own diet plan or miss working out on a day that you planned to workout for, you're out of the challenge and you'll have to wait until the next "Week of Perfection Challenge" to participate again.

This challenge is open to everyone and starts on April 23rd.

:p BlueThunder

#1 BlueThunder, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. Azaroth

Azaroth Active Member

I'm in. No more Penguins hockey, so pizza won't cause problems.

3. BlueThunder

Welcome again to the Perfection Challenge. :nod:

4. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

I'm in

Hello BlueThunder, Hello Azaroth,

Right, let's try this again.

Salutations to all and see you monday.

Cheers,
    Dan

5. eccent

eccent Active Member

Committed to perfect week

Hi all. I'm in as well. My perfect week is to stick to my exercise plan and eat cleaner food.

No added sugar.
    Natural.
    Fibre/wholewheat.
    Beware of 2.5-3hours eating intervals.

Monday is tomorrow for me :D
    Current date: 22/04/2007; 2.10pm

6. BlueThunder

Welcome aboard Dan. :tu:

7. BlueThunder

Glad to have you eccent. :tu:

8. eccent

eccent Active Member

Monday 23rd Apr '07

Hi Blue Thunder, Dan and Azaroth. It's good to be part of the challenge really.

I did all the planned exercises, ate wholewheat, ate 5meals, drink unsweetened cocoa (with powdered milk). However I think it's too much carb for me so I'll find something other than wholewheat bread to snack on tomorrow.

To me, perfect exercise day is a perfect day :D.

Morning- 30min cardio on stationary bike
    Night- Lower body workout 40min - 1hr (forgot to time)

#8 eccent, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  9. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

Wholewheat is very nice. Actually, I've ate today a whole (7oz-200g let's say) wholewheat bread with no less than 14 cereals/grains. I've figured that should be around 500 kcals, enough for two meals.

Today, a good day:
    Weightlifting for 45 mins at noon
    Cardio (running) in the evening for 35 mins. I'm quite pleased with my cardio progress: I'm much more able to do greater effort during longer times and the heart rate is going down.

Tomorrow, the great trial is to wake my lazy ass from the bed around 6:30 for the morning, fasted cardio. I have never been able to do that until now (that's why I've failed past week challenge)

Cheers to all,
    Dan

10. Azaroth

Azaroth Active Member

Perfect diet today, under 2000 calories and 45 minutes of weight training.

It almost killed me. Was god damn hungry.

11. BlueThunder

Day 1 (Monday) Stayed under 2000 calories and did fullbody weight training. Tried some new exercises since this one dude was hogging the chest machine thingy. Perfect Day. :tucool:

12. eccent

eccent Active Member

Hey all. Wow congrats to you all on the perfect days.

To me controlling my eating is really hard. I slipped and drank 2 glasses of sugared drinks today. :doh:Just 2 days! I'm cracking my brain to come up with some eating discipline. :mad: Best of lucks, Hang in there :D:gl:

13. Azaroth

Azaroth Active Member

My attitude eating low calories and losing weight is almost masochistic. It's one of the reasons I can handle fasted cardio (the worst part is that it's boring... something absolutely must be on TV).

I'm not sure what you mean by sugared drinks - but if they have caffeine in them, trust me, once you break the addicition.. the desire dissipates completely.

I'd also recommend some other reading on sugar (especially if they're not caffeinated beverages). You'll find out things like how sugar suppresses the immune system and is cancer's favourite food. Turn that action around, and read about the HEALTHY food you're eating too. Read about the benefits while you're eating. Or the negative aspects while you're eating something bad (or after, which will help you from repeating the mistake).

14. eccent

eccent Active Member

Thanks for the good advice Azaroth :D

Sugared drink I drank this morning is iced plum drink. The vendor added 3-4 plums mixed with 2.5 table spoon of sugar & of course the water and ice.

Many vendors in Thailand (where I'm) sell lots of sweetened drink. By that I mean at least 2 tablespoons. Must be the recipe, coz anything lower than that doesn't taste "that" good. Almost tasteless sometimes, must be due to the ice melting.

So the best solution that I'm doing (or try to) is to avoid them all together. Discipline is de Key!:spank:

15. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

I have a small flat and I don't have enough space for sport equipment. That's way I'm only doing my cardio outdoor (running + cycling). I'm also doing some cardio after the weighlifting, but I definitely like better the outdoor cardio. And this way, I don't get bored because of the scenery and the attention. Music is very motivating also.

That's right, if you persevere long enough, you realize that you have less and less the need/desire to eat/drink bad stuff.

Totally agreed, everything is in the head. It seems simple but it is very tough to make it possible everyday. But, again if you persevere each day and think at all the bad effects that sugar/refined foods have on your body, you can overcome most envies.

Otherwise, I had a good day today:
    Two cardio sessions (morning, fasted) and evening
    5 meals

Cheers to all,
    Dan

16. BlueThunder

Day 2 (Tuesday): Stayed approximately under 2000 calories and had a nice recovery day. Perfect Day.:nod:

17. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

Ok

Hi all,

It was an ok day.
    One cardio session and moderate eating.

Tomorrow, two cardio sessions.

Cheers,
    Dan

18. BlueThunder

Day 3 (Wednesday): Stayed under 2000 calories. Probably should have skipped cardio as my knees and hip were bothering me, but did an hour anyway. Perfect Day. :tu: I may skip my next cardio. I'll have to see how my joints feel then though.

19. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

Ok

OK day. Not super but ok.

Tomorrow weightlifting,

Cheers,
    Dan

20. Azaroth

Azaroth Active Member

I have definitely not been perfect.

On the second night I ate a brownie. I attempted to counter this with an extra session (20 minutes) of HIIT.

On the third day, I was brought Chinese takeout. Impossible to refuse. I attempted to counter this with an added weight lifting session, and added cardio.

Regardless of how I tried to make up for it, these are still actions that are FAR from "perfect".

Sorry guys!