1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

A trip to Diesel - II

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by TheRyanator, Apr 1, 2008.

1. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Welcome to my new journal.

Goal: To weigh 192 by April 30'th & 188 by May 24'th(Boat trip Day)

Plan:

Lifting - 3xweek - full body, incorporating more legwork.

Cardio - Run 3.5 miles 3xweek, HIIT cardio in the AM on off days.

Meals - No calorie counting, but smaller portions more often. Stop
    eating until I feel FULL, just satiated.

Cheat - 1 day per week...i.e. 24 hour period that is not an all out pig out, but where I eat more freely.

No pics to post up just yet, but soon.

Today will be challenging...I have an internal audit which will have me very busy, but I am going to be intent to get in my multiple small meals throughout the day...that is the challenge to take on today.:tu:

2. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Welcome Noob....You may want to check the stickies..........:lol:

Glad to see you back! Good luck!

3. TheRyanator

Ok, I lied, I found some pictures from several weeks ago, I imagine not much change has occurred since. They are revealing of the work I have to do to reach my goal...I especially want to see the fat in my chest and waistline begin melting off.

#3 TheRyanator, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. TheRyanator

Hey Bmac! Thanks for the welcome back...knowing that people will check my journal is good accountability for me so keep dropping in!

Actually you may jest, but the stickies probably are in order for review for me at this point.:tu:

5. TheRyanator

I have this new meal that I have put together that is exceptionally good, but so much so that I am wondering how nutritious it really is...and it all comes down to ONE ingredient in question...Peanut Sauce.

There is no nutrition information on the package as I get it from a local Thai retaurant when we order from there once every couple weeks as our cheat meal. Since it is so good and made from peanuts/oil from what I can tell I am guessing it is not so great. I have been mixing baked chicken breast with 1/2 cup of brown rice with a TBSP of peanut sauce and a couple teaspoons of Spicy Chili Siracha sauce. Anyone know if Peanut Sauce is a no-no across the board or is it alright? It certainly makes chicken and rice more palatable!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Good luck with your new goals. How did that eating plan that you started work out for you?

About the Thai peanut sauce, maybe this can give you a guideline.

7. TheRyanator

Thanks Paul! It actually went really well. I decided after about 5 weeks though that I could not do it long term as it was based on meal shakes for two meals a day and for some reason my body never felt full on them and I would then be tempted to eat more solid food shortly after the meal and then consume too many calories. I have still been using the shakes in a pinch or post-workout as it is a good quality whey protein, but have stopped using them for full meal replacement. I did drop about 4 lbs solid while doing it without losing much in the way of muscle mass...and started seeing some definition in areas like my shoulders and upper abs.

Thanks for the Peanut Sauce link...if the stuff I am using is similar then I am using about 46 calories by adding one TBSP. I am comfortable with that.

8. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:wave:

i think you're looking really good, ry.

9. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

Lay off the ding-dongs tubby!

j/k, you're looking good. How's things?

10. bballer143

bballer143 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hiya, Ryan! Yay for the new journal. :spaz:
    Looks like you have a plan all set up and a goal weight you'd like to reach, now it's just time to get down to business. :tu: Best of luck to you and I'll definitely be checking in to see how things are going. :) Looking great in those pictures, BTW. :tucool:

#10 bballer143, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  11. TheRyanator

Thanks...I appreciate it! I wish I felt the same way! I have a long way to go, but the encouragement is motivating.

Thanks Darol! How are "things"? I guess it is overall going well...busy with work, but that is better than the alternative...I am pretty blessed.

How are you? We should catch up sometime.

Thanks Grace! I think the new journal will be helpful...just like Spring it is a bit of a new beginning. As far as my plan, I felt like it was not specific enough, but I find that if I get to specific or too precise this far out from my ultimate goal that mentally I tend to give in more as opposed to just trying to live intelligently when it comes to making sure I fit in my workouts and eat well. Thanks for the encouragement!

Well today's scale reading was 198.2. Nearly a 4 pound difference since yesterday. I am wondering if my massive intake of fluids yesterday played a part in that? :confused: I am going to continue that today, eat on target and stay super hydrated. The only landmine I see in my day is that it is a lifting day and I usually am ravenous the 24 hours following my lifting routine. How do some of you handle that if you have similar experience?

12. TheRyanator

I think Spring is finally arrived in Chicago. Monday the Cubs played at Wrigley. Monday night I grilled outside for the first time...and today it is 52 and sunny. I sure hope that it sticks!

So far so good today. My meals are on and I am 24 oz. of H20 in. I need to up the water a bit to stay on track, but that should not be a problem.

So I snapped another quick pic this morning because I realized the pictures above were not from a couple weeks ago, but actually from January...I can notice SOME difference between the Jan pics and the one from today. Not sure if I am reading too much into it though...I also took them with my iPhone so the quality does not show as much detail as usual.

#12 TheRyanator, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  13. TheRyanator

All the sudden I am starving...I feel like I have been eating non-stop today, but my body is still telling me it is hungry. I am hitting the gym in an hour so I am going to eat a protein bar...while high in carbs it will hopefully qwell the hunger inside and give me a nice protein/carb boost before I lift.

It has been somewhat stressful today at the office as I am in the middle of our internal audit...all is well, but it is hectic. I am wondering if the stress might be inducing the hunger...

14. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:wave:

There are new stickies. :spaz:

There's really nothing "bad" about peanuts and oil. I'd be more worried about bacon fat and high fructose corn syrup. :nod:

Sounds really tasty. I feel like having some thai peanutty chicken now. :drool:

15. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Snickers.

Looking good Ryan... say hello to Harper for me.

16. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

UGH!

I hate it when fatties post up their pictures

hehe

17. TheRyanator

I was excited this morning when I realized something new...but first I will reply to you all...

Hey Guava! I will be checking out the new stickies...I promise...just need to find the time to sit and read.

Harper actually just found a GREAT BBQ sauce with no HFCS in it at Trader Joe's. Unfortunately it still has sugar in it, but it is better than all the others that have the nasty stuff in it. So I will be using it, but using it sparingly.

Snickers aren't my weakness fortunately...at least not today. Thanks for the comment and I will say "hello" to Harper for you to which she will reply "is that the creepy guy from JSF who wanted a picture of me?" :lol:

I can relate to you in the decision to cut off the WL for a while...it was a serious waste of time for me even though I did not even post that often.

Sorry :o I will have some new and improved ones in the weeks to come.

So this morning as I was getting dressed I realized that over the last couple weeks I have graduated to the last hole in my belt! A good sign for sure. I have not dropped much scale weight in this process, which I also think is a good sign that my nutrition and workouts have been where they need to be in order to retain muscle, but drop BF. I think that much of it could be due to the CINCH program that I did for a while and the shakes that I still incorporate frequently as their claim is that they are designed specifically to promote loss of BF while preserving muscle mass.

On the downside I got together with a couple of my buddies last night and indulged myself with two light beers, which were not the problem. The problem was the pub mix of pretzels and other saltiness that I consumed. I thought I had eaten enough for dinner, but I guess not because I was famished so I stupidly just ate what was available. Oh well...lessons learned...I hope.

Lifting night tonight!

18. TheRyanator

The over-indulgence of carbs last night has my cravings through the roof today. :bang: It is amazing how carbs create this endless cycle almost for me of just craving more and worse carbs. This is another reason I need to be more wary of especially the bad processed ones as they begin a downward spiral. So far today I am staying on track and I might have a small apple next, which I have found to be one of my miracle foods when it comes to making cravings dissapear!

19. TheRyanator

Had a good full body workout last night, but focused on BIS/TRIS a bit more than other parts and the DOMS are beginning to set in this morning. I finished it off with 20 minutes of interval training on a recumbent bike.

Dinner was fresh broccoli, yellow squash, red onion and garlic cooked up and simmered into a can of organic diced tomatos. I mixed in 1 lb. of ground venison and cooked up some whole wheat pasta. Took it easy on the pasta, but ate a lot of the sauce/stew. I slept pretty hard through the night and in fact slept in an hour or so today because my body told me to. Then I got up and knocked out 18 minutes of HIIT.

I was pretty excited last night as I spent some time messing with my Line 6 Flextone II amplifier trying to dial in the right tone and delay to imitate the sound that The Edge (of U2 if you did not know) uses in "Where the Streets Have No Name". I think I got pretty close and even locked down some of the riffs he uses for the song, so that was an enjoyable and offbeat use of my time last night.

Today is the day I get to pay bills and get caught up on work at the office so I am going to get back to it!

20. TheRyanator

The Edge radiates "cool"