1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by ChrisJH18, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ChrisJH18

ChrisJH18 Active Member

What are some foods I can prepare that I can eat in the morning time that are healthy? So far the only thing I know of to eat that's healthy, from what I've read, is chicken breasts and vegetables.

My current schedule is kind of hard to work around: I have about 30-45 mins after I finish workouts before I have to be in class. I don't have very much time to go and prepare breakfast so I'm looking for something I can prepare the night before so that I can solve this problem without resorting to going to the cafeteria on campus and buying burgers and chips.

Also, is snacking on pickles bad for you?

2. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

Here are some ideas that you can either put together in 10 minutes or less in the morning, or make the night before etc.

-Yogurt and fruit
    -Cottage cheese and fruit
    -A protein shake
    -Quick oats and fruit
    -Homemade protein bars
    -Homemade muffins
    -Whole wheat toast and natural peanut butter
    -Protein pancakes (microwaved in the morning)
    -2 eggs and 1/4 cup cottage cheese (mix together in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes... pretty tasty and easy)
    -Egg beaters
    -Bacon/turkey bacon (microwaved or fried)
    -Omlet (reheat in the morning)
    -Cold cereal
    -Trail mix
    -A Sandwich
    -Left over dinner

Lots of choices if you get creative.

The only "unhealthy" thing about snacking on pickles is the high sodium content of most store bought brands.

#2 smuhhh, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  3. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

My solution: get some oats from the store and microwave a cup of them in 600ml (20oz) water. Takes about 4 minutes. Then sprinkle a scoop and a half of protein powder on top with some cinnamon. Tastes great and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Can be even quicker if you get quick-cooking oats.

Great source of healthy carbs and protein, no sugar, and keeps you full for several hours.

4. jsalazar

jsalazar Active Member

I always get one spoon of peanut butter and mix some whey protein in water when im in a rush
    Cal F C P
    32g PB 190 15 7 7
    60g Whey 234 2 6 48
    Total 425 17 13 55

Moderate fat, low carb, high protein... if more carbs are needed for your goals, throw some fruit...

5. ChrisJH18

ChrisJH18 Active Member

My goal is fat loss and everything I've read about achieving that goal tells me to eat healthier and do regular exercise. I'm good with doing regular exercise but I'm trying to hard to change a lifetime of bad eating habits. I'm not used to eating healthy unfortunately.

For the past two weeks my diet has consisted of mainly boneless chicken breasts, caesar salad, oatmeal, cheerios with skim milk, and peanut butter sandwiches. I honestly don't know how healthy all that is but I think it's an upgrade to McDonald's or Wendy's. Any criticism on what I eat is welcome, I'm honestly trying to have better eating habits.

The only problem is I'm getting REALLY tempted to slip back in my old ways... guess that's just a mental obstacle I'm going to have to overcome though, huh?

6. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Just takes a bit of time. Two weeks isn't long enough to break a habit. If you can make six weeks it'll get much easier. Eventually you'll get to the point the temptation won't happen.