1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

750 Pound Deadlift by July 23

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Pete5, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

congratulations pete. you keep exceeding your goals. its great to watch your progress.

i notice your weight is down some from the 232 mark. do you keep track of your body fat? it doesn't look like you had much at 232 which is unbelievable progress developing all that muscle.

2. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Nope, don't keep track of my bodyfat. I actually weighed 215 pounds this morning. I always lose weight when I'm back at college. It's real hard for me to keep myself around 230. Literally have to be stuffed all the time and eat oreos and buckets of ice cream, but then I don't feel as healthy. I feel really skinny right now, but the strength is better than ever so...

3. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Things are on the ropes with this girl I've been seeing for 3 months. It's been good, but our relationship is extremely rocky and has been for the past few weeks, but it's just getting worse. It feels especially bad because even though I've dated girls for longer, this was the first one I've ever told "I loved".:cry: She continues to disrespect me and there's not much else I can do besides move on at this point.

This is why I had such insane motivation for that 740 deadlift on Tuesday. I've been really depressed for about two weeks now and the gym's been my only escape; and talking to my dad whose my best friend. To go in and let loose the built up anger is the only thing keeping me going at this point.:mad: Honestly though, similar situations have fueled my greatest successes in the past, and I expect this to be no different.

#143 Pete5, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

That sucks dude. I hope it works out, but as hard as it can be you have to just remember that there are tons of girls out there and you have a lot going for you. No one should have to put up with BS.

#144 TheThirdMohican, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  5. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

465x5 ass to floor squats with a pause (new PR) these lead to sick low back and glute strength

750 pound deadlift on Tuesday. I think so folks. It's not July 23, but 750 is finally about to be destroyed.

6. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

So excited, this is it guys. Less than 24 hours. 750's been a huge roadblock for awhile now and I'm about to destroy it. The last few days my nutrition has been real good, sleeps been good, I feel recovered. It's time to put up. As you can see by the journal title, 750 has been haunting me for quite some time. It is a remarkable amount of weight.

7. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Good luck today Pete. May the force = (m x a) be with you.

8. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

Did you do it? Did you do it??

9. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

I've hit 755 now. Going to kill 770 on Wednesday. I have some serious rage built up from recent happenings and I'm ready to erupt.

10. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

Blimey gov!

11. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Nice Pete. Just saw the 770 video. Congrats man. :tucool:

What's next?

12. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Well, I barely missed it, but an 800 pound natural is almost unheard of. That's the plan.

13. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Finally have a sleep study set up for March 22. Long, long wait to continue suffering, but it will be good to finally get a cpap. Sleep apnea is really throwing off my life. slept 7.5 hours last night, and I had to sleep another 8 hours during the day. Kills all productivity.

14. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

15. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Jesus Tim Tebow Tap Dancing Christ. That's a hell of a lift Pete.

You are an amazing inspiration. 775 at 215 lbs is just inconceivable. You should also be commended for focusing your anger on your goals rather than doing what most do and letting it be a detterent.

Nice job man. Real nice job.

16. Sent

Sent Well-Known Member

3.6x BW, insane. Goals put up and destroyed.

17. MT77

MT77 Active Member

18. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

I weigh 242 pounds now though.:lol: Would have to do a huge cut. and no more meets until UPA nationals on April 21.

Here's some footage from bros vs pros too.

http://rxmuscle.com/bros-vs-pros/9-montgomery,-il/4727-bros-vs-pros-9-part-5-max-deadlift-challenge.html

19. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

20. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Wow Pete! Congrats on the big lift. :tucool:

But 242#:eek: Weren't you 215# like 15 minutes ago? Where did that come from?