1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

7 weeks into SGX

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by deus, Jun 8, 2008.

1. deus

deus Active Member

It's been a while since I've visited these board since I began SGX a bit over a month ago. Somebody here recommended it to me when I first began getting serious about changing my ways and I can't even begin to say how appreciative I am for being shown the light. I figured I'd go ahead and post a progress pic to show off my results thus far. My initial weight when I began was 219lbs, standing at 6'0. Today I weighed in at 181.4. :D

I still have a long way to go but I'm most definately getting there. Can anybody give me a guess as to what they would put my BF% at? I would guess somewhere in the high 20's, but I just can't get used to calipers so I don't really have an accurate way to test.

[​IMG]

2. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Wow! That's a TON of progress for just 7 weeks! Way to go!

3. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Sorry not very good on BF estimates but just wanted to congratulate on some incredible progress for 7 weeks in :tu:

4. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

You are doing fantastic, keep up the great work!!!

Don't concern yourself with a "number" (BF%), as readings are inaccurate and can fluctuate all over the place. Simply keep working until you are happy with your results and you consider yourself "done". It's the pictures and the mirror that show "reality", not a number that is only a mere estimate and can play more mind games w/people than the scale.

Simply work until you are done, using pictures such as these which show you are making HUGE strides to being lean/mean!! A number is not going to make you happy, but a six pack will. :cool:

So, don't stress off of BF%, and if you want to know the most accurate reading, you'll have to find a location that does hydrostatic testing where you are immersed in water completely. Calipers and gadgets and such vary greatly from day to day due to salt/water/heat/glycogen/human error, etc., and you don't want to play those games w/yourself. :bb:

Keep up the great work, you are an excellent student and you showcase the dedication needed for success on SGX. You will no doubt
    succeed and be RIPPED in the months to come.

~SC~/Chris...........

5. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

You're looking much leaner, deus. Your stomach is really flattening out. :tu: i'm sure SwoleCat is helping you lose weight the right way and you are going to be all set to add the the muscle and lean mass you want. I don't know about anyone else who has been on SGX, but I also made great improvements in the months after ending SGX.